C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Any Guess on when C450 orders open up? Price?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 10:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,418 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
How is adding fake badges an honorable thing... And why am I elitist for thinking is a "poser" move?

Exclusivity is in the eye if the beholder ... If driving a c450 with extra eBay amg badges makes your sack bigger and helps you land more tail.... God bless... Play on playa
Old 01-26-2015, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C400
Couple of thoughts on this interesting discussion. First of all, I would never want AMG badges on a non AMG car. That would be done by people that merely value the appearance of greatness rather actually having true greatness. In fact, I'd take a car with world class performance that appeared ordinary over a car that looked like it had world class performance but actually didn't.

I don't buy a car for the badges, I buy it for the performance and design. I personally couldn't care less about the AMG moniker. In fact, I could have bought the AMG CLA for what I paid for the C400, but IMO (and the opinion of quite a few reviewers) the c400 is the overall better car. For that matter, I didn't buy a Mercedes for badge bragging either. I'd gladly buy a Honda over the Mercedes if I liked the cars performance and design better.

I also do not believe that the numbers support that the CLA45 will "blow the doors off" the c450. Seems highly unlikely. More likely to be a photo finish as the cars will be very close in performance.

Ironically, where I live in a very affluent suburb of Dallas, I see AMGs all the time and 99 times out of a 100 they are driven in grandma mode. It would seem they are frequently purchased as a status symbol purely because they are the most expensive. When you think about it who's the real poser, me driving my C400 and exercising it's excellent performance or all these wealthy snobs driving their AMGs like a school bus?
Old 01-26-2015, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 88 Likes on 60 Posts
2024 GLS450
The funny thing is that the AMG line models have been available overseas for years... sold and advertised by Mercedes as AMG line vehicles. Here's a lowly C200 diesel with the AMG line.

Any Guess on when C450 orders open up? Price?-gitxvlk.png

This elitism appears to be a US phenomenon.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,418 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by MDMercedesGuy
The funny thing is that the AMG line models have been available overseas for years... sold and advertised by Mercedes as AMG line vehicles. Here's a lowly C200 diesel with the AMG line.

Elitism is very American... Lexus, Infiniti, and Acura doesn't exist in japan, correct... It's still Toyota, Nissan and honda
Old 01-26-2015, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts
2017 E300
^^ No, lexus launched in Japan a few years ago, there are no more Lexus cars being sold as toyotas anymore, they are global
Old 01-27-2015, 02:32 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
W205 C400
Originally Posted by Jaxwired
Couple of thoughts on this interesting discussion. First of all, I would never want AMG badges on a non AMG car. That would be done by people that merely value the appearance of greatness rather actually having true greatness. In fact, I'd take a car with world class performance that appeared ordinary over a car that looked like it had world class performance but actually didn't.

I don't buy a car for the badges, I buy it for the performance and design. I personally couldn't care less about the AMG moniker. In fact, I could have bought the AMG CLA for what I paid for the C400, but IMO (and the opinion of quite a few reviewers) the c400 is the overall better car. For that matter, I didn't buy a Mercedes for badge bragging either. I'd gladly buy a Honda over the Mercedes if I liked the cars performance and design better.

I also do not believe that the numbers support that the CLA45 will "blow the doors off" the c450. Seems highly unlikely. More likely to be a photo finish as the cars will be very close in performance.

Ironically, where I live in a very affluent suburb of Dallas, I see AMGs all the time and 99 times out of a 100 they are driven in grandma mode. It would seem they are frequently purchased as a status symbol purely because they are the most expensive. When you think about it who's the real poser, me driving my C400 and exercising it's excellent performance or all these wealthy snobs driving their AMGs like a school bus?
dude stfu you sound like a real douche. TO EACH HIS OWN
Old 01-27-2015, 06:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MB W204, VW Polo, Audi R8 V10 - SOLD.
Anyway, back to the main question, when is the C450 being released?

In the UK we only get the C200 petrol and the C63. My needs are such that I don't want the C63 performance because I will not use the car to it's potential, but I want more squirt than the C200 as I may end up changing that a few years sooner if I feel it doesn't have enough power. So the C450 hits the sweet spot and will be a long term keeper FOR ME rather than the C200 or C63.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:54 AM

2010 BMW X5
Originally Posted by kuba.95
So basically what you're saying is that you came here to be a troll? That's not surprising really considering most of your responses on this thread.
if you've read any of my other posts on this forum you'd know im here because i'm interested in a c class in the near future.

Originally Posted by kuba.95
If it was just your post then there probably would have been a debate without any fighting.
you must not have seen the other thread with the amg badged c400. clearly its a polarizing topic with disgusting attitudes displayed. so when rchangek asked about buying a badge i decided to add in my two cents about how ridiculous it is to treat someone like they've committed a crime against humanity by putting a sticker on their own car.

it's really when that amg guy started calling the stock c450 a bargain basement posermobile that things got out of hand. either way, the defensive posts that blew up this thread tells you something.

Last edited by synaptik; 01-27-2015 at 07:01 AM.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:56 AM

2015 C400
Originally Posted by rakaye47
dude stfu you sound like a real douche. TO EACH HIS OWN
Beautifully constructed counterpoints.

I do understand why my post would elicit an angry reponse, the truth can hurt. The truth is obvious that the reason a person would want AMG badging on a non AMG car is because they want people to think the car is more special than it really is. If that's what you or anyone else wants to do go for it. Do I think it says something about the character of the cars owner? Yes.

Last edited by Jaxwired; 01-27-2015 at 08:41 AM.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:03 AM

'13 C350, '13 GLK250
Originally Posted by Jaxwired
Beautifully constructed counterpoints.

I do understand why my post would elicit an angry reponse, the truth can hurt. The truth is obvious that the reason a person would want AMG badging on a non AMG car is because they want people to think the car is more special than it really is. If that's what you or anyone else wants to do go for it. Do I think it says something about the character of the cars owner? Yes.
Agreed. There's still lots of unpretentious people out there who buy a car for it's true performance potential and like a few say, could give a rats *** what badging is on the car. I'm looking at the C450 for its performance potential, nothing else. Would I like a C63....yes, for the same reason. Can I afford a C63.....yes. Will I be able to exploit the potential of a C63 all year round where I live.....absolutely not. Can I compromise somewhat and enjoy the benefits of the C450 year round and even once a year at my HPDE event.....definitely! I'll maybe not be keeping up with the AMG's or the M's but I'll have a blast trying. That is....if they'll let a "poser mobile" on the track. Lol.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:14 AM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
Originally Posted by MDMercedesGuy

However I highly doubt that the person who buys this car, when asked what he drives, will say he has an AMG. He will say it is a C200 with the AMG line package, if pressed. But that car is a C200.

I don't have a problem with the Mercedes-Benz C450 AMG Sport. It is not a Mercedes-AMG C63. And I find it equally doubtful here if anyone who buys a C450 will respond to anyone that asks that he drives an AMG.

C450 will be an excellent machine, maybe a 13 flat q-mile car, with AWD traction mid to low 4s, I am more curious to how they tune the suspension.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by coladin
However I highly doubt that the person who buys this car, when asked what he drives, will say he has an AMG. He will say it is a C200 with the AMG line package, if pressed. But that car is a C200.

I don't have a problem with the Mercedes-Benz C450 AMG Sport. It is not a Mercedes-AMG C63. And I find it equally doubtful here if anyone who buys a C450 will respond to anyone that asks that he drives an AMG.

C450 will be an excellent machine, maybe a 13 flat q-mile car, with AWD traction mid to low 4s, I am more curious to how they tune the suspension.
Agree to the part in bold. The car has AMG styling but that is different from an AMG engine. The full-fat AMG will always be the ground leader in the line-up.

I think this thread has diverged significantly because of badge talk and a whole lot of ego from both ends of the spectrum. Let's just appreciate the cars for the machines they are.

All I, and many others, want to know is when we get this car - especially in the UK!
Old 01-27-2015, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by synaptik
first you said its not a real AMG until you spend 130k to 300k with it. then you dont have a problem with a 50k cla45 because its designed by AMG. private lounges, fast launch times, etc dont tell me what AMG stands for because the definition changes whenever its convenient for the company and for snobs like you. christ, even between amg fanboys there's arguments about the cla45.

seriously if you wanted a purer brand with the performance and exclusitivity to match, you shoulda gone with a ferrari. at the end of the day you share a mercedes badge with much cheaper and slower cars so don't act like you're a cut above. no one besides you gives a damn that you drive a "real" amg.

its like those ricers that step into a gtr and then pretend the rest of nissan isnt good enough for them.

please, i dont even have a mercedes. i dont care about the amg badge, who put it on which car or the lack of it on a c450. my whole post was to ridicule elitist fanboys and you've certainly risen up to the call.
Please do not try to twist my words or put words in my mouth. I simply stated that I spent $130-$300K for my AMGs. I am very well aware that AMG offers REAL AMG's that cost less than $130K.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by Ron J
I +1 this post to infinity. Reading all the elitist tripe from these people puts me off even wanting to come on this forum.
Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.......bye bye

I gues I should not be too harsh, at least you guys are keeping it down in the correct, non-AMG section. Some other idiot feels there should be a sub-forum in the C63 AMG section.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:37 PM

I queried this with MB UK and they say summer 2016... A bit disappointing if that's correct.

Old 01-27-2015, 12:47 PM

Ford Focus
Jrcart, so I'm not alone then! Someone else thinks there should be an AMG C450 forum!

Careful now taking me on debating. I don't want you to look stupid as you seem like a really genuine and nice guy.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:00 PM

Ford Focus
Mr enigma, that's bad information surely. It's the 2016 model maybe which will be released mid 2015? Apparently, they've stopped selling the c400 in the US already in anticipation of the c450.
I've read lots that all point to 2015.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by trueblue_ips
Mr enigma, that's bad information surely. It's the 2016 model maybe which will be released mid 2015? Apparently, they've stopped selling the c400 in the US already in anticipation of the c450.
I've read lots that all point to 2015.
That's what I'm hoping. In my response I did state that some articles say that this is due for release this year rather than 2016. We shall see.

Not sure if I will wait that long for a car if it is next year. Or maybe I will. I'm in two minds at the moment.
Old 01-27-2015, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 88 Likes on 60 Posts
2024 GLS450
Originally Posted by jrcart
Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.......bye bye

I gues I should not be too harsh, at least you guys are keeping it down in the correct, non-AMG section. Some other idiot feels there should be a sub-forum in the C63 AMG section.
I think this begs the question...

Since you don't appear to own a non AMG, why are you in this section?
Old 01-27-2015, 02:43 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
Originally Posted by trueblue_ips
Jrcart, so I'm not alone then! Someone else thinks there should be an AMG C450 forum!

Careful now taking me on debating. I don't want you to look stupid as you seem like a really genuine and nice guy.

I'd like to see it! Should be fun...
Old 01-27-2015, 03:33 PM

E90 335i
How did this thread turn into ANOTHER badging thread? Hilarious stuff people really need to relax.
I'm going to buy a C63s and put a Porsche emblem on it to see if the AMG guys freak out. Or maybe i'll downbadge my 911 with an AMG badge and see if that makes AMG guys happy?
Who cares. I think its goofy when people add any badging to their cars but I sure as hell don't get worked up about it. I see "M" badged BMWs all the time and I think its funny but it certainly isn't diluting the M brand or insulting those who pony up for real M cars. Y'all need some bigger things in life to worry about.

The point of this thread is that I want to know when pricing and ordering will be available for a car that for me looks like it may be a great fit. I'm excited about this car, the rumor that it will only be German produced, the added performance over the C400, the beautiful interior that makes it attractive to me where the CLA45 is not a car I would ever purchase, etc...
Old 01-27-2015, 04:57 PM

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts
X3 M40i
Originally Posted by bwoodbmw
How did this thread turn into ANOTHER badging thread? .
Easy...The "real" AMG guys have subscribed to every thread in w205 forum relating to the C450 and were waiting for someone to talk about AMG badges. Red flag alert appeared when "AMG Badge" was put in the same sentence. LOL.

To be honest, this thread did take a turn for the worse. I am also waiting for the c450 release date and more information. I can care less about the AMG badging or the new c63 for that matter as it's not in my plans. If I wanted a AMG I could simply go back in the years and get a used 2012-2014 C63 or new CLA45, or used 2012-13 E63. Not the point of the thread.

Now, I had to sort through all the garbage posts to find anything related to the OP's original question.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:37 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2018 E300 Sedan, 2013 C350 Sport Sedan, '99 E320
Out of curiosity, does having JUST an AMG license plate frame for non-amgs fall into the category of being a poser and having amg badges on non amgs?
Old 01-27-2015, 07:43 PM

2015 C300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by bwoodbmw
the rumor that it will only be German produced
Could you please elaborate? Any website links?
Old 01-27-2015, 10:04 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
C36 AMG 6spd; V8 M3
My c400 came with floormats and wheels bearing the amg badge, so count me in for poser crowd too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any Guess on when C450 orders open up? Price?