C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

More Thoughts/Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 08:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2023 EQS 580 SUV
More Thoughts/Issues

Thoughts:

I went to the DC auto show this weekend and, of course, went to look at the 2 C300's they had there. Both had the same tail light issues I (and most others) have. I looked at mine again when I got home and noticed the right side was actually fairly misaligned compared to the left. The left is clearly sticking out but the right one is a good 1/8" higher than the left.

Also noticed both C300's had very light seats in them. One had tan and the other had light grey. Not 100% sure if it was intentional but found it odd that most of the other vehicles there had dark seats - which is smart to hide dirt. I did notice both vehicles had marks/stains on the drivers seats from people getting into and out of them for many days. Were the seats light to hide the possible bleeding issue?

Issues:

I had to add windshield washer fluid to my car yesterday and this morning I was 1/4 mile from the house and my car starts beeping at me. It was the hood. I get out of the car in the pouring rain the the hood is completely shut - tight. I go back to the car, pop the hood, and re-shut it. No more warning. AND no difference in how tightly the hood was closed. Are these sensors just too sensitive? And why didn't it beep at me when I put it in reverse in my garage where I could have closed it without standing the rain.

Also, about once a week my collision prevention assist light goes off and beeps with clearly no cars in front of me. This morning it was raining and I was driving on a road with no cars in front of me and none in the oncoming lane. Maybe it thought the big tree on the side of the road was a big car? Anyway, when it goes off it scares the heck out of me causing me to look around to see what is happening - almost CAUSING me to get into an accident.

Since we are due to get a bit of snow I decided to fill up my gas tank even thought it was at 1/2 full. I almost had to hit the filler door to open it. I had previously noticed it was sticking out a little at the top but was not too worried about it since it only appeared to be cosmetic. It had moved beyond cosmetic and I am not sure why.

Just some more thoughts to add to issues on my car :

Misaligned tail lights/rear bumper
Keyless go not unlocking door frequently
Worry about when my seats will start bleeding
Old 01-26-2015, 09:24 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
E300
Comments

Not sure if helpful:

1. I currently have a 328i with keyless and it's always been spotty. My anecdotal observation is that different things can interfere including if I'm holding my iphone or if it's near the key fob in my pocket.

2. I have a friend with a Q50 with all the nanny tech including the collision and his does the same thing to and will occasionally beep for no reason at all.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:38 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2013 W204, 2015 X204
My lease is up on my W204 in the next couple of months. Starting to look around. I'm sort of worried about moving up to W205 in it's first year of production.

I'm glad all of you here are posting about problems encountered so far. I am reading a lot!