C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Likes / Dislikes for my new C400

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 02:08 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
W205 C400
Originally Posted by miketc
rakaye47, there is a cig lighter in the center console and a cig ash tray too. Are you sure?
O i mean in the armrest box where the SIM card is. On my old car I used a cig lighter power inverter so I could plug 2 prong electronics into it
Old 02-01-2015, 08:18 AM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
W205
Originally Posted by rakaye47
O i mean in the armrest box where the SIM card is. On my old car I used a cig lighter power inverter so I could plug 2 prong electronics into it

USB (two) is the only power in the armrest box. My Honda Pilot has cig lighter, two prong 110V and USB, I think this should be the standard for today's electronics needs.
Old 02-12-2015, 02:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205
After spending some more time with the car, I've come up with a few dislikes/annoyances in no particular order:

1. I can't permanently disable the navigation voice guidance. It's more annoying than I thought it would be.
2. Not a fan of the transmission. Sure, I can shift manually with the flappy paddles to make things smoother, but I hate how it reverts back to auto mode by itself after a few seconds. This means I'm often not really sure what gear I'm in unless I look down at the screen. The bright side? It makes me still love getting into my older almost 8-yr old car with the proper manual.
3. The new Comand system...uphill learning curve.
4. Can't we get even just a smidgen of steering feel and resistance? "C'mon man.."
5. I liked it better when the front parktronic display was on top of the dash in the middle like in older models instead of being integrated into the binnacle screen. I set my steering wheel fairly low I guess, and it's hard to see it especially if the steering wheel is being turned (the flat bottom also doesn't help).
6. The Auto-Start System ("***") reactivates when switching between driving modes (except sport+). I've accepted having to turn off *** every time I start the car, but every time after changing driving modes makes it more *** annoying.

So that this post isn't entirely negative, there are some new interesting details to be appreciative of as well :
1. I like that the rear view camera retracts into the car. The rest of the car is filthy from the snow/sand/dirt/salt, but the camera lens is wonderfully clean. The camera doesn't retract on the ML and is completely clouded.
2. Being able to set and save the exact position of the passenger side mirror when in reverse is actually pretty cool. I like the control.
3. At first I found the HUD pretty distracting, but now I like it
4. I typically drive from underground garage to underground garage, with some highway tunnels in between during a typical commute. When there's no radio reception, I appreciate that it typically just cuts off all sound instead of playing static.
5. This is my first car with LED headlights. They are awesome and make xenons look like halogens in comparison.. that is all.
6. Even with the engine cover hiding the good stuff, it's a very pretty engine bay
Old 02-12-2015, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C350
Originally Posted by icycrazydesi
i agree i don't know why people are complaining about the heated seats automatically stepping down..mine works so fast sometimes I turn them down myself.

Default to comfort mode is annoying though..I hope Mercedes comes up with some software upgrade to fix that where it goes back to the last default mode.
While I understand people's frustration with the settings on this feature, I personally agree about the heating being fast. Those things will cook your ballzac. @@
Old 02-12-2015, 11:44 AM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
Originally Posted by jclboston
After spending some more time with the car, I've come up with a few dislikes/annoyances in no particular order:

2. Not a fan of the transmission. Sure, I can shift manually with the flappy paddles to make things smoother, but I hate how it reverts back to auto mode by itself after a few seconds. This means I'm often not really sure what gear I'm in unless I look down at the screen. The bright side? It makes me still love getting into my older almost 8-yr old car with the proper manual.

On my Individual setting, I have the M mode so I can drive it exclusively in manual, I would set that up as the other way it does revert after I think a dozen seconds

5. I liked it better when the front parktronic display was on top of the dash in the middle like in older models instead of being integrated into the binnacle screen. I set my steering wheel fairly low I guess, and it's hard to see it especially if the steering wheel is being turned (the flat bottom also doesn't help).

I'm with you, I have to peer down to check my sensors, which on my W204 was on the top. Although it is nice that it is integrated.

1. I like that the rear view camera retracts into the car. The rest of the car is filthy from the snow/sand/dirt/salt, but the camera lens is wonderfully clean. The camera doesn't retract on the ML and is completely clouded.

Unbelievably clean...I have yet to clean it this winter! My E wagon has to be wiped every time I get into it.

3. At first I found the HUD pretty distracting, but now I like it

Me too, almost nauseating at first, now I can't imagine not having it

5. This is my first car with LED headlights. They are awesome and make xenons look like halogens in comparison.. that is all.

Seeing a few drive towards me, they are also very distinctive, and very bright!

Enjoy!