C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

How were your issues/problems resolved?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 12:58 PM

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts
E53
How were your issues/problems resolved?

I had three of the relatively common problems with the 2015 C Class. All have been resolved. My dealer quickly verified all 3 issues and resolved them. It was a painless process, except for the 2 trips to the dealer for the repairs. They were very accommodating and provided great customer service. I have the leather interior, so no bleeding seats. I haven’t experienced any of the electronic issues others have identified. The work on my car involved removing and reinstalling the rear bumper and driver’s door panels and glass. I was concerned that this type of work may introduce new issues, but so far so good. I hope I now have a perfect C400 and that my next trip to the dealer will be for the 1 year service. This is how the issues were resolved:

• Door handle LED light inoperative. From the work order receipt:

“3783-L/F outside handle light not working. Attached battery charger and preformed SDS short test. No faults were found for outside handle light. Removed door lining and inner door lining. Removed glass and outside door handle and replaced door handle light bulb. Reinstalled in reverse order and verified all outer door handle lights are working properly.” Part # 099-820-01-83 Light Control Element.
  • Rear bumper misaligned:

The repair paperwork says "rear bumper and tail light not seated correctly", "rear bumper found not flush with body", "removed rear bumper and shimmed to fit properly with body, reinstalled bumper", "seam around taillight normal"
  • Screeching brakes.

Replaced pads and rotors. Interestingly, after my brake job was done, the dealer got a notice from MB acknowledging the screeching brake complaints. The MB notice instructed dealers not to repair affected cars until their engineers’ research and come up with a solution. It sounds like they realize there is a problem and will work to fix it. As of today there is still not official solution from MB. My brakes are still quiet after the new pads and rotors were installed 2 weeks ago.

Old 02-10-2015, 01:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C300 RWD
Interesting read! They had to remove the door liner and glass to get to the handle lightbulb?? I hope smooth sailing from here.
Old 02-10-2015, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
Originally Posted by BenzC400
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][LIST][*]Door handle LED light inoperative. From the work order receipt:

“3783-L/F outside handle light not working. Attached battery charger and preformed SDS short test. No faults were found for outside handle light. Removed door lining and inner door lining. Removed glass and outside door handle and replaced door handle light bulb. Reinstalled in reverse order and verified all outer door handle lights are working properly.” Part # 099-820-01-83 Light Control Element.
[*]Rear bumper misaligned:

The repair paperwork says "rear bumper and tail light not seated correctly", "rear bumper found not flush with body", "removed rear bumper and shimmed to fit properly with body, reinstalled bumper", "seam around taillight normal"
I had the door light issue and the rear bumper issue, as well as the bleeding MB-Tex seats.

My light started working again before the car went in. The dealer performed the short test, checked for codes, and found nothing. The light is still working ... after having been out for over a month. (????)

My dealer also used shims to get the bumper right, and it now looks fine.

In my case, the new seat covers and headrests look perfectly normal and no damage of any kind was inflicted on the car.

I too have a very competent and accommodating dealer ... and that makes a huge difference.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes C200 (W205) Avantgarde petrol RWD
I currently have the following issues:
Rear bumper misalignment on the left side.
Wind noise drivers side.
Fuel filler door poor fit.

I have taken my car in to the dealership for them to view.
The car is now booked in for rectification on Monday.
I found the dealership helpful and responsive ie no arguments about whether or not there were issues, just an apology for any inconvenience caused and validation that these were real issues that would be remedied.
I also asked if the loaner car could be something a bit different- just to give me an opportunity to try out another model. They were very open to fulfilling my request but I expect it will depend on availability
I feel sorry for the people who have had to deal with dealerships that have seemed lacking in customer service and have had to really push their case. Having service that is responsive and professional makes a big difference to the whole experience. I can imagine that having to deal with recalcitrant and it seems, deliberately unhelpful staff can be souring and take away from the excitement and pleasure of a new car. As it stands for me, how the issues have been dealt with so far have been encouraging and taken nothing away from my joy in my lovely MB.