C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

MB-Tex and bumper fix pictures ... DONE!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 03:12 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
W205
Originally Posted by TorontoBenz
Seriously, please stop reposting those pictures...
Old 02-08-2015, 07:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2015 C 300
Happy for you Stan. It's a relief for many of us to see that they are able to get new seat covers installed that look factory new.

I know it must be nice to get your car back. I am on day six with my loaner and really miss my C class, and I still have a few weeks to go until I get it back. Although, the loaner has really gotten me to appreciate my C class even more. I got a brand-new GLK loaner and while it's fine, there's really nothing special about it. It made me realize how nice and different the new C class really is.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:20 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
C300
Great to hear. Wonder if the bumper alignment will be fixed at the assembly line
Old 02-09-2015, 08:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220 BlueTec AT
Stan, Having watched your struggles from a long distance and warm climate I am very glad to hear that your car is now sorted. Many years happy driving.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
Thanks again for all the good wishes!

My conclusion is that, with a decent dealer, the new seat covers will look fine after the rather tedious installation process. All the dire warnings about staples sticking out, mismatched material, and inevitable damage to the car all came to nothing.

Also, it's apparently not that big of a deal to get that rear bumper lined up properly. It turns out to be a simple shimming job. I looked at a new S550 in the showroom while I was at the dealer, and it uses the same rear bumper to fender arrangement as the W205. On that car, the panels lined up correctly. My rear panel fit is now the same as that S550. And yes, the tail lights do stick out slightly more at the bottom now, but it's very minor and a very small price to pay for the proper panel fit. Actually, it's not that they stick out more, but rather that the upper ends of the lights now sit a bit deeper with the bumper cover shimmed out at the top.

As an aside ... the snow continues here unabated and we're building up mountains of plowed snow by the sides of the roads. It just doesn't stop. After nearly three weeks driving my C300 loaner on all-season tires, I'm now back into my own car which rides on very aggressive Goodyear Ultra Grip Ice WRT snow tires. The difference is huge. I was sliding around on the all-seasons, and had the anti-lock brakes chattering away at many stops. The snows feel like glue compared to those tires.

And ... I'm now entering day four with no new issues!
Old 02-10-2015, 12:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 C200 AMG line, '08 C300 Sport Avantgarde, '07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd, '02 CLK 200 (gone)
Great news. I'm happy for ya'.

Thanks for the pics.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:46 PM

c300 4matic
Thanks Stan for posting the pics of your seat.
So happy for you that you finally have this bleeding seat problem repaired.

Enjoy your car, finally.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SRF 27
Thanks Stan for posting the pics of your seat.
So happy for you that you finally have this bleeding seat problem repaired.

Enjoy your car, finally.
Well, as it turned out ... not quite.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...-aaaaargh.html
Old 02-11-2015, 11:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 C300 Luxury
It's weird, I have the same black MB Tex and we have had very cold weather here in Boston on and off, and my seats are fine...

My rear bumper on the other hand... the dealer thinks because all C-Classes are poorly aligned, they're normal.

Actually after seeing yours, it's still not a perfect solution... so I'll either wait for next year's model or whatever. Not keeping the car for very long in any case...
Old 02-11-2015, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Jinzen
It's weird, I have the same black MB Tex and we have had very cold weather here in Boston on and off, and my seats are fine...

My rear bumper on the other hand... the dealer thinks because all C-Classes are poorly aligned, they're normal.

Actually after seeing yours, it's still not a perfect solution... so I'll either wait for next year's model or whatever. Not keeping the car for very long in any case...
The only truly perfect solution is to have a new bumper cover produced that fits right without the shims in place. Maybe 2016? Mine is as good as it can get using the current bumper cover ... excellent panel to panel fit, but the inner line of the tail light is lost to some degree as the upper shimming covers some of the inner edge of the light.

I don't think every MB-Tex car will bleed even in cold weather. There's been little consistency in when or why it occurs. On my car, I went almost three months in sub freezing temperatures before it first came out. Once it starts though, it always comes back. Sort of like vinyl herpes.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:52 PM

c300 4matic
Originally Posted by StanNH
Well, as it turned out ... not quite.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...-aaaaargh.html
wtf....is that all about.....

Why
Old 02-19-2015, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SRF 27
wtf....is that all about.....

Why
The factory apparently told my dealer that only the seat cushions on the rear seats had to be replaced. They did not send the side bolsters or the piece below the armrest as part of the repair kit. (Mine was one of the first repair kits sent out by MB. They have since corrected this)

They were wrong, and the parts that weren't replaced started bleeding again just three days after I got the car back. My dealer now has the missing parts and, when our non-stop blizzard conditions finally let up, I'll have them pick up my car to finish the job. The good news is that the new seat covers have shown no signs of bleeding .... and it's been down to -28 F already.

And yes .. I was more than slightly annoyed by the situation.

Last edited by StanNH; 02-19-2015 at 05:03 PM.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:39 AM

c300 4matic
Originally Posted by StanNH
The factory apparently told my dealer that only the seat cushions on the rear seats had to be replaced. They did not send the side bolsters or the piece below the armrest as part of the repair kit. (Mine was one of the first repair kits sent out by MB. They have since corrected this)

They were wrong, and the parts that weren't replaced started bleeding again just three days after I got the car back. My dealer now has the missing parts and, when our non-stop blizzard conditions finally let up, I'll have them pick up my car to finish the job. The good news is that the new seat covers have shown no signs of bleeding .... and it's been down to -28 F already.

And yes .. I was more than slightly annoyed by the situation.
Thanks for your reply Stan.
I did read your situation. Hopefully soon, you can have all this situation behind you. Here in Canada, eh.....lol we are still waiting to get the seats done, and knowing that they forgot your bolsters, I will be aware of it now.

Thanks for all your help.