C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

MB-Tex and bumper fix pictures ... DONE!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
MB-Tex and bumper fix pictures ... DONE!!!!

Just got it back and the complete MB-Tex repair has been done, as well as the re-alignment of the rear bumper. My dealer was great, and totally detailed the car before handing me the keys. I took these pictures at the dealer, since I knew it was going to be covered in salt and road crud by the time I got home.

Here's what the front seats look like ... the rear are the same but my wife had already put her "stuff" there before I could take any pictures. There are no signs of any work having been done at all. The seats did have to come out for the repair, but the dealer had the whole car covered so there wouldn't be any damage during the process. Everything looks exactly as it did before, except for the lack of "bleeding."

The work they did on the rear bumper was simply incredible. They got it as close to perfect as is humanly possible. It needed new clips and some shims to fix it. We used a new 550 rear bumper as a comparison, and they match up well as far as the fit.

They also did a software update while they had the car. My salesman introduced me to the sales manager, and she was very gracious and apologized for all the trouble I've had. The service manager, whom I dealt with through all of this, told me they haven't had a single complaint about the MB-Tex or bumper alignment. That's not to say the problems aren't there, just that people don't seem to notice. They just got one in for routine service with horribly bleeding seats .... and the customer never said a word. They ordered a repair kit for it and are doing the repair anyway.

The car felt great on the two hour drive back ... just like a new C300 should.
Old 02-06-2015, 05:11 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
W205
Bravo, hope that is the end of your problems and let you start enjoy it as a MB should be.

Quick question, are the tail lights sticking out a little near the bottom corners?
Old 02-06-2015, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by miketc
Bravo, hope that is the end of your problems and let you start enjoy it as a MB should be.

Quick question, are the tail lights sticking out a little near the bottom corners?
I didn't notice, but I'll take a look tomorrow. The service manager did tell me that any further adjustments would create fit problems along the outer fender line, so I'm done with it one way or the other.
Old 02-06-2015, 05:25 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
W205
Originally Posted by StanNH
I didn't notice, but I'll take a look tomorrow. The service manager did tell me that any further adjustments would create fit problems along the outer fender line, so I'm done with it one way or the other.
Could be just the angle the photos are taken. Lucky for me, mine with a late Dec build looks like your after photos so hopefully US builds got their acts together. Although not perfect, it's good enough for me. Where do you have your before photos of the tail lights/bummer fitment? It will be nice to have a point of reference.
Old 02-06-2015, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E90 335i
Seats look great... not easy to do so nice work by the techs on that one. hopefully all goes well for you so you don't have to go back to the dealer anytime soon.
Old 02-06-2015, 06:00 PM

2017 GLC300 4MATIC; 2015 c400
Nice. .. congrats Stan. I hope to get similar results. Have them taking care of a handful of issues as well.
Old 02-06-2015, 06:20 PM

2015 C400 4Matic
Glad it worked out so well. A quality dealership makes all the difference. And thanks for posting the pics... provides a benchmark for how the seats should turn out and may come in handy for those of us yet to address the bumper alignment issue.
Old 02-06-2015, 06:20 PM

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts
C300 4Matic Tenorite Grey
That is so weird that a customer wouldn't say anything when his seats are a total mess.
Old 02-06-2015, 06:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,884 Likes on 1,321 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
When a dealer steps up like this, it's easy to buy from them again despite all these early w205 woes
Old 02-06-2015, 06:23 PM

2017 GLC300 4MATIC; 2015 c400
Originally Posted by cidtek
That is so weird that a customer wouldn't say anything when his seats are a total mess.
Not really...aa lot of people can be oblivious, and are not as well informed as those in this board.
Old 02-06-2015, 06:40 PM

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts
C300 4Matic Tenorite Grey
Originally Posted by gnus
Not really...aa lot of people can be oblivious, and are not as well informed as those in this board.
Pretty hard to be oblivious to seats that look as bad as the ones the sales guy mentioned. Maybe he lives in a pig sty as well <shrug>
Old 02-06-2015, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 175 Likes on 142 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Great job ~ I'm pleased for you Stan. Enjoy! A good dealer makes all the difference.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 E250 BT 4M
Stan: you must be very relieved by the successful repairs ! I am very happy for you. Your perseverance and patience has paid off !

Your new MBTex seat covers look as good as original factory assembled ones. Your dealer's technician did a first class job.

Wishing you many trouble-free years with your C300 !
Old 02-06-2015, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by DerekACS
Stan: you must be very relieved by the successful repairs ! I am very happy for you. Your perseverance and patience has paid off !

Your new MBTex seat covers look as good as original factory assembled ones. Your dealer's technician did a first class job.

Wishing you many trouble-free years with your C300 !
Thank you, and thanks to all for the good wishes. Yes, this was very stressful and I am very relieved that it's now been taken care of and the work was done well.

Now I can finally get back to just driving this car!
Old 02-06-2015, 09:02 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C300 RWD
Looks great Stan, fingers crossed for all tailwinds from here on out for you!
Old 02-06-2015, 09:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Volvo XC90
Good to hear everything worked out for you. Just to get off subject for a sec. I saw you mention update. How do you know if you need one? Is there somewhere to check for this online? Thanks

Last edited by Rone803; 02-06-2015 at 09:43 PM.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Rone803
Good to hear everything worked out for you. Just to get off subject for a sec. I saw you mention update. How do you know if you need one? Is there somewhere to check for this online? Thanks
Transmission:Updated software available. Installed updated software.

That's all that was noted on the work sheet. I asked my dealer to check for any available updates, which is something they should do anyway.

Last edited by StanNH; 02-06-2015 at 10:15 PM.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The seat fix is an order 91SP Seating, Restraint System. That consists of 8 seat covers, 4 headrests, 28 clips, and 14 rivets. There is another line that lists the right front seat bottom cover.

The bumper repair was classified as a 98SP, Paint and Finish work. It included 2 rivets, 2 spreader rivets, 2 treenails (?), and a "shimmed and reinstalled" notation.
Old 02-07-2015, 04:32 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 C300W4, 2011 G37, 1998 528i Sport 5MT
Congrats, Stan! Looks like they did a great job. Nice to have a dealership who values your business. Let us know how you make out on the compensation.

BTW, I talked to MBUSA today about the seats and the rear bumper. They reaffirmed that they will change the MBTex for any car built prior to 1/5/15 at the owners request, bleeding or not. Also, unlike the last time I talked to them they are now acknowledging a problem with the rear bumper alignment, although no technical bulletin has been issued - yet.

Sounds and looks like progress is being made. Now if they can find a fix for wind noise and key issues, there can be much joy in W205-land.
Old 02-07-2015, 05:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C220 AMG Line Bluetech.
Stan - looks like they've done a great job. 10/10 for their effort.

Pleased it has worked out well, in the end.

Good luck mate.
Old 02-07-2015, 07:59 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2013 BMW 335i Msport, 2012 Mustang GT
Stan, I don't believe I've posted on your thread before, but as a prospective buyer I've followed your story very closely. Congrats on seeing these issues through, and props to your dealer for doing such fine work. As a result of all this, I can say that I am still smitten by this new C Class Benz. Future good luck with your beautiful car!
Old 02-07-2015, 08:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mdsbuc
Stan, I don't believe I've posted on your thread before, but as a prospective buyer I've followed your story very closely. Congrats on seeing these issues through, and props to your dealer for doing such fine work. As a result of all this, I can say that I am still smitten by this new C Class Benz. Future good luck with your beautiful car!
After all this, and being without my car for nearly three weeks, it felt like I was buying a new car again.

I've had many new cars over the years, and I don't think I've ever come across any dealership that was this obsessed with customer satisfaction. My wife and I were greeted like old friends when we got there, and given fresh coffee and snacks. Then the service manager and my salesman spent time with us, and brought over the sales manager as well. They apologized because we had to wait for the car. Why did we have to wait? Because we just had a snow storm and the car got covered with snow. They brought it back into the shop so they could wash and wax it again before we took it. The service manager insisted the car look brand new before we saw it. She showed us the work on the bumper, proudly opened all the doors so we could see our new seats, then went over the entire work sheet and explained everything that had been done. She also pointed out that all the work on my car was handled by one person ... the shop foreman who has years of MB experience.

The two hour drive home felt wonderful, and I remembered why I chose the new W205 in the first place. I also noticed for the first time that my car has a total absence of any wind noise. I could hear some wind noise in my C300 Luxury loaner but, even at speeds up to 80 mph, this car was dead quiet. Coming back is an uphill drive, since I live in the White Mountains at an elevation of 1,000'. Even on snow tires, I still clocked 27.6 mpg ... on our winter blend gas.

When we got home and were back in our house, both my wife and I had the same reaction. We felt that this car has finally been finished and was now complete. That only took four months.

I have yet to discuss compensation with MB-USA, but I know I'll get at least the service coupons they originally mentioned. I will not ask for a new car now ... I have my custom built and hand finished C300 and don't want to give that up any more.

Last edited by StanNH; 02-07-2015 at 08:33 AM.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VW Golf GTD
It's good to see you finally got it sorted. Enjoy your car!
Old 02-07-2015, 09:36 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2018 E300 Lux, 2006 Corvette Z51, 2015 Mercedes ML350 (wife's)
Congrats, and kudos to you for how patiently and professionally you handled the entire situation.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:54 AM

2015 C-300 4matic,Polar White, Black MB-tex,Premium 1,Burmester,partial LED,open pore black ash
[QUOTE=StanNH;6322039]Just got it back and the complete MB-Tex repair has been done, as well as the re-alignment of the rear bumper. My dealer was great, and totally detailed the car before handing me the keys. I took these pictures at the dealer, since I knew it was going to be covered in salt and road crud by the time I got home.

Here's what the front seats look like ... the rear are the same but my wife had already put her "stuff" there before I could take any pictures. There are no signs of any work having been done at all. The seats did have to come out for the repair, but the dealer had the whole car covered so there wouldn't be any damage during the process. Everything looks exactly as it did before, except for the lack of "bleeding."

The work they did on the rear bumper was simply incredible. They got it as close to perfect as is humanly possible. It needed new clips and some shims to fix it. We used a new 550 rear bumper as a comparison, and they match up well as far as the fit.

They also did a software update while they had the car. My salesman introduced me to the sales manager, and she was very gracious and apologized for all the trouble I've had. The service manager, whom I dealt with through all of this, told me they haven't had a single complaint about the MB-Tex or bumper alignment. That's not to say the problems aren't there, just that people don't seem to notice. They just got one in for routine service with horribly bleeding seats .... and the customer never said a word. They ordered a repair kit for it and are doing the repair anyway.

The car felt great on the two hour drive back ... just like a new C300 should. [/

The car looks amazing! I'm so happy for you Stan. Mine was supposed to be fixed Feb 11 but 2 of the 10 parts have not arrived. I'm bringing the car in anyways & they are going to look at tail light fitment and wash the seats which they say is a temporary fix to enable me to drive the car.From other posts I know this is not true but am co-operating with them. I purchased the car Dec 8 & am still on the original tank of gas due to the seats. I question how we can be told the chemical is safe when Mercedes cannot even tell us the name of the chemical.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MB-Tex and bumper fix pictures ... DONE!!!!