C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Keyless go problem with my new C250

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250 w205
Keyless go problem with my new C250

I took delivery of a new w205 C250 just over a week ago and it was trying fine until last night. I had my key in the pocket and walk near the car and pulled the handle of the driver side with the attempt of going in. No response was happening and I tried with the boot which was also not functioning. I try the second key and it did not work either.

i took the car back this morning to the dealer and they said I have to leave the car for a whole day to look at. The service manager suspected it is the sensor unit inside the car is not working. I am very disappointing with this as this is a relatively expensive car and it is only on the road for a week.

Did any gents of ladies in the forum has similar experience? Love to hear from you if you have.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
Originally Posted by yeunda
I took delivery of a new w205 C250 just over a week ago and it was trying fine until last night. I had my key in the pocket and walk near the car and pulled the handle of the driver side with the attempt of going in. No response was happening and I tried with the boot which was also not functioning. I try the second key and it did not work either.

i took the car back this morning to the dealer and they said I have to leave the car for a whole day to look at. The service manager suspected it is the sensor unit inside the car is not working. I am very disappointing with this as this is a relatively expensive car and it is only on the road for a week.

Did any gents of ladies in the forum has similar experience? Love to hear from you if you have.
I recently had a C300 as a loaner while my car was in the shop. The car would not recognize the fob almost half the time. I got very good at using the emergency key to get in the car. I changed batteries and it made no difference.

There is a possibility that you are getting interference from a smartphone if you're using one. Other than that, have your dealer check for any updates that might be available for your car.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250 w205
Thanks. I do use smart phone but not sure it is related. The dealer is taking back for full check.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2023 EQS 580 SUV
I started a thread about this a few weeks ago:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...-go-issue.html