C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Ambient Lighting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B200T
Originally Posted by Jchungster
I have the premium 1 package and also the ash wood trim but no ambient lighting . The US cars want you to have the leather interior package to be able to have ambient lighting... oh well!
Beats Canada. Here they want you to have Premium 2 ($2400), which also means you have to have Premium 1 ($3700) to get the ambient lights
Old 02-21-2015, 02:11 PM

C220 sport with prem plus
I checked the command the setting for brightness is up on five, yet the consol light is very dim, however it goes even dimmer if I turn it down. Can anyone post a ambiant consol light picture as I can hardly make mine out and wondering now if something is wrong
Old 02-21-2015, 05:38 PM

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts
W205 C250BT
Originally Posted by Andrew1959
I checked the command the setting for brightness is up on five, yet the consol light is very dim, however it goes even dimmer if I turn it down. Can anyone post a ambiant consol light picture as I can hardly make mine out and wondering now if something is wrong
You don't have the zone control do you? In the COMAND manual for the US I remember reading about the ability to set ambient lighting for each zone but that could just be front-to-back.

I don't have the zone option on the vehicle I've got here, but the lighting for the console doesn't appear as bright as it is in the doors - I think mainly due to the angle you're exposed to it. When you view the console from a lower angle (e.g. from just outside with the door open) it certainly appears brighter than when I'm sitting right up close to it.
Old 02-22-2015, 02:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
Originally Posted by DBOC205
You don't have the zone control do you? In the COMAND manual for the US I remember reading about the ability to set ambient lighting for each zone but that could just be front-to-back.

I don't have the zone option on the vehicle I've got here, but the lighting for the console doesn't appear as bright as it is in the doors - I think mainly due to the angle you're exposed to it. When you view the console from a lower angle (e.g. from just outside with the door open) it certainly appears brighter than when I'm sitting right up close to it.
Isn't that a good thing though? You don't want it shining in your face while driving? Or so bright its distracting?
Old 02-24-2015, 01:28 PM

C220 sport with prem plus
No zones in the UK model, but I did bend over to look and look from the outside and it looks much brighter , I think it was just my driving position making it look dull
Old 04-18-2015, 01:56 AM

C300
Is the ambient light around the center wood trim area supposed to stay lit while driving at night?

The only thing that stays lit at night when im driving is the lighting at the doors.
Old 04-18-2015, 02:06 AM

C250 CDI coupe, Obsidian Black Vision Pack, Drive Assist Plus pack, Comfort Pack, Rev Camera
Originally Posted by chesterwilson
Is the ambient light around the center wood trim area supposed to stay lit while driving at night?

The only thing that stays lit at night when im driving is the lighting at the doors.
Yes it will light if ambient lighting is on. If lighting is off, the lighting is white in the footwell and Amber in the doors and from the overhead console.

The wood trim remains off.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
?
Thumbs down

Yikes limited to 3 colours only? Huh that's kinda a deal breaker for me considering cheaper classes get more colours.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:15 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2018 E300 Lux, 2006 Corvette Z51, 2015 Mercedes ML350 (wife's)
Originally Posted by expresspotato
Yikes limited to 3 colours only? Huh that's kinda a deal breaker for me considering cheaper classes get more colours.
Never heard of buying a car based on the number of color options for ambient lighting
Old 04-19-2015, 10:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
?
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by BlackjackM
Never heard of buying a car based on the number of color options for ambient lighting
Well when you see everyone else's that can to 8, 12, 16 maybe tons of colours on every other brand and even MB's own other models you're going to feel gypped. You're right I shouldn't base my car decision on how many colours, but this and the: axle replacement, rattles, steering recall, engine clicking, burmester sound system clicking / buzzing, window wind noise, make me a bit nervous about the quality. I'm sure it will all be worked out in the end, hoping for a 2016 instead though.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
Well when you see everyone else's that can to 8, 12, 16 maybe tons of colours on every other brand and even MB's own other models you're going to feel gypped. You're right I shouldn't base my car decision on how many colours, but this and the: axle replacement, rattles, steering recall, engine clicking, burmester sound system clicking / buzzing, window wind noise, make me a bit nervous about the quality. I'm sure it will all be worked out in the end, hoping for a 2016 instead though.
I don't have any of these issues nor do I care about having a choice of three colours because I'm impressed I have a choice!
Old 04-20-2015, 05:47 AM

W205 C250 Bluetec AMG Line
Originally Posted by CO2010
I love it. Looks much better than the "1" orange color inside my BMW. Talk about a boring dull color!

On my previous BMW I had Original (Orange) and Sport (White) they both hardly made any impact.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacGT
I don't have any of these issues nor do I care about having a choice of three colours because I'm impressed I have a choice!
I don't have any of these issues either. I think a lot of it was to do with the early 2014 build, mine was built March 2015 and so far problem free and AWESOME
Old 04-20-2015, 04:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 C300 4MATIC
Here in Canada you can't even order a C300 with the Intelligent Drive Package... Absolute mess, what the f*** am I going to do with a 3L 6 cylinder engine in downtown Toronto... Yeah! Race to the next light.

Hoping it will be an option for 2016. Any word on when the MY 2016 is coming? Ford, Honda, etc all have MY 2016's hitting the showroom floors.
With all due respects to you Sir, this is my suggestion.
Ambient lighting color choice is not the only thing that is a deal breaker for you. Even the 6 cylinder engine and package choices for the 2 liter turbo are all problems. I think you will not feel happy with this car at all. A Lexus or an Acura would be a better buy any day. You will get absolutely minimum niggles and complete peace of mind. Spending so much money on something that does not satisfy both heart and head is not worth at all. I believe the ultimate aim of buying a new car is to feel happy when you drive it. One should always look like "" when you drive and not like "" !!
Old 05-01-2015, 04:32 AM

c220 amg prem plus / BMW X5 e70
Strange that everyone is saying ambient lighting doesnt change the backlight of the window control switches. Please see this video link below. I notice this car on the video must have the intelligent led lights and not the high performance led lights, as his turn blue on initial unlock of the car. Which I am to believe is a function of ILS only.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i4ShTjOxr-0

Please look
Old 05-01-2015, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by kjb1
Strange that everyone is saying ambient lighting doesnt change the backlight of the window control switches. Please see this video link below. I notice this car on the video must have the intelligent led lights and not the high performance led lights, as his turn blue on initial unlock of the car. Which I am to believe is a function of ILS only.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i4ShTjOxr-0

Please look
It doesn't change it on any, if you look closely at the video when its Polar, the switches are still orange,
Old 05-01-2015, 08:07 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C300 RWD
Ambient light 1-5 only changes the ambient lights. The switches always amber and controlled by dash lighting rheostat. Interesting tidbit, if you turn ambient back to zero in command, the console light comes back on to a mid/low setting amber, and floorboards return to white irregardless of the color setting...obviously using the same LEDS. Irregardless of the settings, the lights are brighter when a door opened and dim when closed. The same if the ambient is set off (or to zero). Pretty cool option and well thought out and executed.
Old 05-01-2015, 02:18 PM

c220 amg prem plus / BMW X5 e70
Originally Posted by floridadriver
Ambient light 1-5 only changes the ambient lights. The switches always amber and controlled by dash lighting rheostat. Interesting tidbit, if you turn ambient back to zero in command, the console light comes back on to a mid/low setting amber, and floorboards return to white irregardless of the color setting...obviously using the same LEDS. Irregardless of the settings, the lights are brighter when a door opened and dim when closed. The same if the ambient is set off (or to zero). Pretty cool option and well thought out and executed.
Sorry, I see what you are saying now. The goldy coloured backlight inside the button. Ahhhhh, still, that doesnt bother me atall!!