C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400
Old 06-24-2015, 06:07 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

C300 eye surgery and transplant

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 11:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toyota corolla
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by huyuci
I made a mistake of buying a c300 without led headlights. It has halogen lights, which look like crap. MB should not make these lights, IMO. It degrages the look of the car. I couldn't stand the look of it. Every time I go to the car, it reminds me of the mistake. And I'm not the kind who can live with mistakes. So I called 2 dealers, to inquire about ordering those headlights and installing them. They both refused, saying those are factory install options and can't be retrofitted. Took it to a shop; the guy didn't know jack, but still quoted me thousands of dollars for rewiring and I have to buy all the parts, probably just to make me go away and save face. I wasn't ready to have the car for the next 10 years with that look. Thanks to eBay, some have these lights for sale. All along, I knew it was a gamble, and couple hundreds bucks might go to waste if I don't succeed. I learned that these lights need ECU modules to work and God know what else. The parts are not available anywhere, and even if I can find them, the wiring from the car is different.
When there is a will, there's a way, right? I figured if I can't rewire the car, I could rewire the headlights. So I removed all the led bulbs and replaced them with SMD led chips from ebay. Then I wired the bulbs to the connector's pins the same way my halogen lights are. After a lot of testing, back & forth, 2 weeks and a lot of man hours later, my baby got a new set of eyes It was truly a do-it-yourself as there was no schema, drawing, or guides to consult. I had to rely on my limited intelligence to figure things out it may not mean much to most of you who already have these lights, but for me, it was really satisfying.

Next project: butt transplant (those tail lights got to go)

Hi,
That looks great. I have the same issue. I got a great deal for 2016 CPO C 300 and I took it. Every time I turn on my car I don't see the day lights on or rather I don't get the crisp of the LED lights. It would be great if you could suggest the links to the accessories you bought and also any insight of how you actually did will be really helpful for people like me.

Thanks
TAN
Old 05-08-2017, 04:05 PM

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
c300
Some guy just posted a link to the cable that may be the plug-n-play solution that everybody is looking for. I haven't personally tried that cable, so I don't know if that will work or not and if that requires cutting wire in the car. The way I did was rewiring the lights and you probably won't want to go that route :-)
Old 10-08-2017, 03:32 PM

2017 Mercedes C300
Big or small module?

Did you use the big or the small module?
Old 10-11-2017, 12:30 PM

2017 Mercedes C300
Some guy just posted a link to the cable that may be the plug-n-play solution that everybody is looking for. I haven't personally tried that cable, so I don't know if that will work or not and if that requires cutting wire in the car. The way I did was rewiring the lights and you probably won't want to go that route :-)

Do you know where that link is?
Old 10-12-2017, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 344 Likes on 206 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Solomonchan13
Do you know where that link is?
http://www.kabeldaviko.de/product_in...ed-to-ils.html

that is one to go from staic led to ILS.

they also have one to go from halogen to ILS but you also need other things apparently for a full working ILS to get them to move and such. but for auto brights i believe they can be plug and play with proper coding which no one has shared yet.
Old 12-30-2017, 02:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
w205
Well as many my 2015 Class C have the Halogen headlight and i'm going to change them to LED for safety reason first and cosmetics in second if Kabeldaviko or any other push on market a way to doing it safely

maybe edit that page: https://mbworld.org/how-tos/a/merced...dlights-384224
look like it a plug & play solution and it's not

Last edited by Fuchy; 12-30-2017 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-01-2018, 12:05 PM

w205
Originally Posted by Star4life

they also have one to go from halogen to ILS but you also need other things apparently for a full working ILS to get them to move and such. but for auto brights i believe they can be plug and play with proper coding which no one has shared yet.
look like dreams come true,

Someone can give the parts n° for the good headlights plz??
Thanks a lot

https://www.kabeldaviko.de/product_i...e-631-632.html

Last edited by Fuchy; 01-01-2018 at 12:44 PM.
Old 01-01-2018, 06:56 PM

c300

I don't think it's going to work
Old 01-03-2018, 05:16 AM

w205
Originally Posted by Fuchy
look like dreams come true,

Someone can give the parts n° for the good headlights plz??
Thanks a lot

https://www.kabeldaviko.de/product_i...e-631-632.html

some news from Frank (www.kabeldaviko.de )

- do you provide with the cable a comprehensible manual to place it into the vehicle? yes, instruction information is included
- Is there a need to cut or modify parts of the vehicle (car warranty)? no, it is without cutting wires
- With this cable, the daylight is doing his cycle from blue to white?? it´s important to make the right coding (code 631/632) <---- need for coding
- you confirm that's for High performance LED hedlamps? cableharness 205-768C is for Headlights with code 613/632 (static LED) or cableharness 205-768 is for Code 641/642 (dynamic LED)
Old 02-28-2018, 04:55 AM

2015 c300

Mission accomplished :-)
Great job look nice would you be able to help me out to on how you Wired the tail lights
Old 03-14-2018, 01:25 AM

S205
What about these aftermarket lights?
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/W205-201...de29e#shpCntId
they should be plug and play and specifically for the halogen model
Old 03-14-2018, 06:03 AM

W205
Double post...sorry

Last edited by Terence_P; 03-14-2018 at 11:58 AM.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:10 AM

W205
Hi Guys!

I have bought the LED rear lights with the adapter cable from Kunzmann.de, thinking this would make the install easier than Huyuci's. (jumping wires )
https://www.kunzmann.de/shop/en/tuni...ts-genuine.htm

But I am still having problems figuring out how I need to wire/connect the adapter cable.
Unfortunately Kunzmann couldn't provide me any technical assistance, so I am hoping somebody on the forum can.

What did I receive:
1 x adapter cable part number A205 540 00 28
1 x set rear light part numberr A205 906 03 57 / A205 906 04 57
11 x connectors part number A002 546 74 40

I have an appointment scheduled at my garage next week and would like to provide them the information needed to do a correct install on the tail lights. So I did some pre-work and looked at the current wiring/cables and the SAM-module.

To give you guys a better idea where I am struggling I made an overview of the current cables and the connections. I have 11 connectors that exactly match 11 connections (same color wiring).
Could you tell me if the connections I made so far are oke, and if so what I need to do with the four remaining wires I have marked with a ''?''. I hope my questions are clear and hopefully you guys can help me out.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Terence_P; 03-14-2018 at 06:32 AM.
Old 03-14-2018, 11:42 AM

c300
Originally Posted by Terence_P
Hi Guys!

I have bought the LED rear lights with the adapter cable from Kunzmann.de, thinking this would make the install easier than Huyuci's. (jumping wires )
https://www.kunzmann.de/shop/en/tuni...ts-genuine.htm

But I am still having problems figuring out how I need to wire/connect the adapter cable.
Unfortunately Kunzmann couldn't provide me any technical assistance, so I am hoping somebody on the forum can.

What did I receive:
1 x adapter cable part number A205 540 00 28
1 x set rear light part numberr A205 906 03 57 / A205 906 04 57
11 x connectors part number A002 546 74 40

I have an appointment scheduled at my garage next week and would like to provide them the information needed to do a correct install on the tail lights. So I did some pre-work and looked at the current wiring/cables and the SAM-module.

To give you guys a better idea where I am struggling I made an overview of the current cables and the connections. I have 11 connectors that exactly match 11 connections (same color wiring).
Could you tell me if the connections I made so far are oke, and if so what I need to do with the four remaining wires I have marked with a ''?''. I hope my questions are clear and hopefully you guys can help me out.
Thanks in advance!
From what it looks like, it isn't any different from what I did. The only difference is he did it for you. But the problem is he did it kind of half assed. He should have had the wires connect harness to harness so that it can be plug-n-play, instead of having bare wires on one end like that. It's akin to me jumping the wires for you on one end and let you figure out the rest. how the heck are you supposed to figure out?
Old 03-14-2018, 05:04 PM

W205
From what it looks like, it isn't any different from what I did. The only difference is he did it for you. But the problem is he did it kind of half assed. He should have had the wires connect harness to harness so that it can be plug-n-play, instead of having bare wires on one end like that. It's akin to me jumping the wires for you on one end and let you figure out the rest. how the heck are you supposed to figure out?
Hmmm I see...So what would you advise me to do? Go to a MB garage and ask for a quote for assembling it? After all the adapter cable is not something I made at home depot but it's their own product...(But I am afraid that they either will reject it because I didn't buy it directly from them, or the quote will be pretty high... )
What to do....what to do.....
Old 03-15-2018, 03:11 AM

W205
Originally Posted by JonasKar
What about these aftermarket lights?
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/W205-201...de29e#shpCntId
they should be plug and play and specifically for the halogen model
Looking at the images they look pretty great! I have been really contemplating of buying them...
But still find it a bit risky for that amount of money and maybe also the built quality(Taiwan),(possible errors in the future).
Does anybody perhaps know how the headlight unit is put together? If the headlight itself is original but internal components are replaced for aftermarket LED's, HID, etc...
Old 03-25-2018, 11:05 PM

GLC300 4m
Gents, does anyone have contact info for Frank @ Kunzmann.de ? I'd like to reach out to him about the details of his Halogen to static LED front headlight harness. He has one available for the GLC (same part as the C300) and I wanted to get some details on the coding needed. Or perhaps one of you gents here can tell me what else needs to be done other than wiring to get the front halogen to static led harness to work.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:50 AM

2015 Mercedes Benz C300
LED headight programing

After I install the headlight but the car needs some program. I took it to the shop but the shop said the car cannot communicate.Anyone has any ideal???? please help me
Old 11-10-2018, 08:21 PM

2015 c300
made a mistake of buying a c300 without led headlights. It has halogen lights, which look like crap. MB should not make these lights, IMO. It degrages the look of the car. I couldn't stand the look of it. Every time I go to the car, it reminds me of the mistake. And I'm not the kind who can live with mistakes. So I called 2 dealers, to inquire about ordering those headlights and installing them. They both refused, saying those are factory install options and can't be retrofitted. Took it to a shop; the guy didn't know jack, but still quoted me thousands of dollars for rewiring and I have to buy all the parts, probably just to make me go away and save face. I wasn't ready to have the car for the next 10 years with that look. Thanks to eBay, some have these lights for sale. All along, I knew it was a gamble, and couple hundreds bucks might go to waste if I don't succeed. I learned that these lights need ECU modules to work and God know what else. The parts are not available anywhere, and even if I can find them, the wiring from the car is different.
When there is a will, there's a way, right? I figured if I can't rewire the car, I could rewire the headlights. So I removed all the led bulbs and replaced them with SMD led chips from ebay. Then I wired the bulbs to the connector's pins the same way my halogen lights are. After a lot of testing, back & forth, 2 weeks and a lot of man hours later, my baby got a new set of eyes It was truly a do-it-yourself as there was no schema, drawing, or guides to consult. I had to rely on my limited intelligence to figure things out it may not mean much to most of you who already have these lights, but for me, it was really satisfying.

Next project: butt transplant (those tail lights got to go)
can u help me do the same? Ive got the same issue
Old 11-27-2018, 04:16 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W238
Any updates guys

I really want LED headlights but I'm debating whether to:

a) get the plug & play LED headlights which are 2k
b) get OEM LED headlights and rewire etc which idk how much but should be cheapr
Old 11-27-2018, 08:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by eggsandbacon
Any updates guys

I really want LED headlights but I'm debating whether to:

a) get the plug & play LED headlights which are 2k
b) get OEM LED headlights and rewire etc which idk how much but should be cheapr

i successfuly upgraded to ILS OEM from my OEM static LED. i have a c43 amg so already have level sensors installed for amg suspension.

if you have halogen lights, use the plug and play solution on ebay for $1200. it will save you a lot of work. unless you need to have full functionality, this is the way to go. if you want true ils that curves and bends and all that, let me know. I can help but its going to cost $$$$. all the parts are fairly expensive and there is a lot of labor.
Old 11-28-2018, 02:03 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W238
i successfuly upgraded to ILS OEM from my OEM static LED. i have a c43 amg so already have level sensors installed for amg suspension.

if you have halogen lights, use the plug and play solution on ebay for $1200. it will save you a lot of work. unless you need to have full functionality, this is the way to go. if you want true ils that curves and bends and all that, let me know. I can help but its going to cost $$$$. all the parts are fairly expensive and there is a lot of labor.
Yea I have halogen headlights right now. Can you link me to the plug and play solution on ebay that's priced at $1200? Because the ones I'm looking at are the ones from Otto Autos which are $2.6k (url)
Old 11-28-2018, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by eggsandbacon
Yea I have halogen headlights right now. Can you link me to the plug and play solution on ebay that's priced at $1200? Because the ones I'm looking at are the ones from Otto Autos which are $2.6k (url)
wow. they used to be 1200. for 2600 id go oem route.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:07 PM

C300

So what is the OEM ILS route if I have the W205 halogen headlights?
Old 12-13-2018, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by sehrawy
So what is the OEM ILS route if I have the W205 halogen headlights?
replace headlights, all new wiring, new headlight switch in the car. wiring from switch to F Sam. add level sensors and wiring. add camera into qindshield (may need new winshdield, this is optional and only for auto high beam. assist!!) and you will need to code everything in. can most likely be done for around $2500-$3000. you can pm me if interested.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C300 eye surgery and transplant