C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400
Old 06-05-2015, 01:15 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Car Detailing and Cleaning Guides
Print Wikipost

Dealership Delivery detail and prep experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 02:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2015MB C300 4matic, Lexus NX
Dealership Delivery detail and prep experience

I bought a C300 4matic last Fri eve and took delivery the next morning. The car was up front when I arrived around 9am. I noticed the car while looking clean but is not. It looked the same as yesterday when I test drove it, same pollen, dust, tar smear on bottom I also noticed the car was just dry - no wax/dressing which makes the car look and feel slick. All my other cars was detailed like that upon delivery. I showed it to my sales rep and he offer to rewash. when the car came back while it was clean it was still not wax. The surface is dry as heck so I asked him again. He said we don't wax/polish our car for deliver. You have to pay for PermaPlate! So I asked what does detail and prep means? wash and try and put a little tire dressing?
2nd part - the sales mgr greeted and thank us prior to the walk thru. I asked him about the detail and prep and wax again. His reply was even more ridiculous to me. I quote, " Mercedes Benz does not wax their cars for customer delivery. MB spent lots of time and money for research on our paint. You don't have to wax your car at all and in fact waxing ruins the paint on the Mercedes". At this point I kept asking him what does detail and prep means but my wife and kid is tired and fed up and wanted to leave.
So we went outside for the walk thru -where someone showed us the features. upon completion of that I asked to open the hood and trunk - it was full of leaves - 30+ I'm not kidding. The sales rep rushed to get that vacuum. This is totally unacceptable.

lastly they never told us the 2nd key FOB was missing til last minute - guess minor compare to the above.

Now the customer relations mgr from the dealer called to ask about my experience so I expressed my concerns as above. She told me that she will mail me a detail coupon and offer a loaner. I lived 2hrs away roundtrip, not far but almost not worthwhile for me to go back just for wax. She emailed me back and said she will mail the coupons to me anyways and he talked to the sales mgr (the same guy who told me don't wax the car) to discuss how they can compensate me for the poor delivery process)

And on top of that - I recommend MB C300 to my brother. He came with me to tale delivery of my car and bought a C300 himself the same day! And he had the same issues! Not clean.No detailing.Leaves under hood and trunk!

I am enjoying my new MB but this no detailing stuff just seem strange to me. I am a car enthusiast like most of you. I cant imagine what they will do to regular customers

Have you guys heard such a thing!?
Old 03-07-2015, 02:52 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C300
Originally Posted by alkam2
I bought a C300 4matic last Fri eve and took delivery the next morning. The car was up front when I arrived around 9am. I noticed the car while looking clean but is not. It looked the same as yesterday when I test drove it, same pollen, dust, tar smear on bottom I also noticed the car was just dry - no wax/dressing which makes the car look and feel slick. All my other cars was detailed like that upon delivery. I showed it to my sales rep and he offer to rewash. when the car came back while it was clean it was still not wax. The surface is dry as heck so I asked him again. He said we don't wax/polish our car for deliver. You have to pay for PermaPlate! So I asked what does detail and prep means? wash and try and put a little tire dressing?
2nd part - the sales mgr greeted and thank us prior to the walk thru. I asked him about the detail and prep and wax again. His reply was even more ridiculous to me. I quote, " Mercedes Benz does not wax their cars for customer delivery. MB spent lots of time and money for research on our paint. You don't have to wax your car at all and in fact waxing ruins the paint on the Mercedes". At this point I kept asking him what does detail and prep means but my wife and kid is tired and fed up and wanted to leave.
So we went outside for the walk thru -where someone showed us the features. upon completion of that I asked to open the hood and trunk - it was full of leaves - 30+ I'm not kidding. The sales rep rushed to get that vacuum. This is totally unacceptable.

lastly they never told us the 2nd key FOB was missing til last minute - guess minor compare to the above.

Now the customer relations mgr from the dealer called to ask about my experience so I expressed my concerns as above. She told me that she will mail me a detail coupon and offer a loaner. I lived 2hrs away roundtrip, not far but almost not worthwhile for me to go back just for wax. She emailed me back and said she will mail the coupons to me anyways and he talked to the sales mgr (the same guy who told me don't wax the car) to discuss how they can compensate me for the poor delivery process)

And on top of that - I recommend MB C300 to my brother. He came with me to tale delivery of my car and bought a C300 himself the same day! And he had the same issues! Not clean.No detailing.Leaves under hood and trunk!

I am enjoying my new MB but this no detailing stuff just seem strange to me. I am a car enthusiast like most of you. I cant imagine what they will do to regular customers

Have you guys heard such a thing!?
Just seems lazy and the wax line was a joke, but don't let it detract from your awesome new car!

You'll get a survey on email, mark them as poor.
Old 03-07-2015, 06:37 AM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
W205
alkam2, let's share the dealer's name and location with the great service. Hope they gave you and your bro great discounts to make up for their crappy services. I thought waxing the C is part of the delivery service, at least from my part of the woods.
Old 03-07-2015, 06:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
The very first thing I will be doing is polishing out any minor marks, cleansing the paint and then applying a high gloss sealant then wax.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:17 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,353 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
holy chit! I'd really be annoyed.......hope you get something good for this terrible delivery!!!!

rip them on the survey.........they take those seriously
Old 03-07-2015, 09:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
.... upon completion of that I asked to open the hood and trunk - it was full of leaves - 30+ I'm not kidding. The sales rep rushed to get that vacuum. This is totally unacceptable.
They obviously misinterpreted the customer service policy, which states that the customer must "leave happy." They thought it meant "leaf happy."

Sorry, I couldn't help myself ...

Really, this is very incompetent dealer prep. Hopefully, it's just the cosmetic stuff and everything else was done properly. A really attentive dealer will have your car looking perfect after every service service, not just when it's first delivered.

During my last service visit, my pickup was delayed because some snow had gotten on the car while it was parked outside before my appointment. They took it back into the shop, cleaned the interior again, and polished the exterior again. The car was glistening when I took it. It was perfect .. that's how your car should have been delivered to you.

The fact that you are being offered some compensation at least indicates that the dealer agrees with you and, hopefully, will go out of their way in the future to make sure something like this never happens again.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:33 AM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
2015 C300, 2015 F-350 Platinum, 1969 Mach 1 428cj, 2007 Roadking
Hard to beleive you don't have another dealer in a metro area like Frisco.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:33 AM

OK, good to know it's not me being **** or unreasonable. I'm just frustrated that the sales manager did not call me back for 2 days now since the customer relations mgr promised, especially it is the same person who gave me the wax line. By him calling me back and offering something he is admitting he was lying so I assume he may be just blowing me off.
I'm not sure if we can name the dealership here but I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area. They are a volume dealer - at any given time they have near 100 C class in stock.
Oh yeah I love and cant wait to wash, polish, wax my own car. But I may wait til this thing is resolved.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:45 AM

There are plenty of Mb dealers here but they gave me the best deal and good Internet emails interaction with the Internet person. I never thought the delivery process would be like that... They are 2 hrs round trip away from me. I doubt I will go back there for service. They also wouldnt budge and had the most expensive 4yr pre paid maintenance at $1695. I called another local dealer and got the std $1275 (not bad); haven't bought it though.
Old 03-07-2015, 10:03 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
CLA-250, C-300
OK, good to know it's not me being **** or unreasonable. I'm just frustrated that the sales manager did not call me back for 2 days now since the customer relations mgr promised, especially it is the same person who gave me the wax line. By him calling me back and offering something he is admitting he was lying so I assume he may be just blowing me off.
I'm not sure if we can name the dealership here but I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area. They are a volume dealer - at any given time they have near 100 C class in stock.
Oh yeah I love and cant wait to wash, polish, wax my own car. But I may wait til this thing is resolved.
This is a forum, I don't understand why hesitate to name the dealership, it would be of great service for other to know. That said you don't have to say it, but it seems wrong to complain and not provide the name.
I am in the bay area, and plan on taking deliver next month for my custom order and I might be better prepared to deal with it if it's the one I am going to take delivery from.
I can tell you I have never had a bad delivery experience, best one so far was MB of Santa Barbara, mostly for the awesome drive down PCH in a brand new Mercedes.
I digress, the dealership I am taking delivery from is Beshoof in San Jose, is that the dealership?
Old 03-07-2015, 10:07 AM

Nope, its Walnut Creek.
Old 03-07-2015, 10:17 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
CLA-250, C-300
Nope, its Walnut Creek.
Thanks for providing the name, it may help someone else. Sorry for your experience, it is definitely not normal. On my last MB from Stevens Creek they did not drill holes on the front bumper of my CLA per request, that was decent of them. I am loyal only to the best deal I can get, and all dealerships should provide great service.
Old 03-07-2015, 10:24 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C300 RWD
Originally Posted by StanNH
They obviously misinterpreted the customer service policy, which states that the customer must "leave happy." They thought it meant "leaf happy."
Now that's funny right there, no matter who you are.
Old 03-07-2015, 10:53 AM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
W205
Nope, its Walnut Creek.
Thanks, their senior management should know that they have been bashed for giving $h!tty service as well as MBUSA.

Last edited by miketc; 03-07-2015 at 10:56 AM.
Old 03-08-2015, 12:26 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Corvette/2017 E-300
You may have been better off without them waxing it. Personally I've never purchased a car where they actually "waxed" it for delivery. I detailed the car myself after I picked mine up...
Old 03-08-2015, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts
2017 E300
honestly, I order my vehicles and tell them to skip the prep. Dealers use machine wash usually and also when they wax it, they dont do a proper job and create swirls on the black paint. I take the vehicle as is without wash/wax and bring it to my own detailer to seal it
Old 03-08-2015, 05:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E350 4matic
The way you...and your car were treated was opposite of what Mercedes expects of their dealerships. When someone mentioned they take the surveys seriously, they were correct. In this case you should take your complaint to MBUSA directly, you will get action. I know that on the East Coast, any time I needed service, or the car needed to go back to the dealership for any reason, they would come pick my car up and drop off a loaner for my use. And, when my car was returned it was cleaned inside and out.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:29 PM

After 6 days the sales manager call me back, he is still insisting MB does not recommend wax/polish but use a paint sealant. What is this I ask? by technicality? I told him I like taking care of my own car but it's the principle. what BS !