C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

2015 Mercedes C300 Burmester Sound System Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2015 | 05:03 PM

2015 C300
2015 Mercedes C300 Burmester Sound System Problem

I thought I'd try posing this here..

This is the issue I'm having with this system.

So what happens is when a song has deep bass, it blows the speaker, or makes this bubbling sound. When I first heard it, i thought someone hit me. I brought it to the dealer, they tested other models and the conclusion was that it was my music. They said something like, "I'm not up to date with the latest music, but it's either the format of the songs, or my music wasn't meant to be played on this system." When the music is compressed, xm radio and sometimes bluetooth, it's less apparent, but usb and iPhone to usb makes this sound. These songs are straight from iTunes, not crappy youtube rips.

I know my music isn't for everyone, but when you pay an extra grand for something like this and it's barely playable, it kinda ticks me off.

I was wondering if anyone has similar issues or maybe they can try this song on their system.

Test song.

I'd really love your feedback.
Old 03-09-2015 | 06:18 PM

B200T
Originally Posted by Donelop
I thought I'd try posing this here..

This is the issue I'm having with this system.

2015 Mercedes C300 Burmester Sound System Problem - YouTube

So what happens is when a song has deep bass, it blows the speaker, or makes this bubbling sound. When I first heard it, i thought someone hit me. I brought it to the dealer, they tested other models and the conclusion was that it was my music. They said something like, "I'm not up to date with the latest music, but it's either the format of the songs, or my music wasn't meant to be played on this system." When the music is compressed, xm radio and sometimes bluetooth, it's less apparent, but usb and iPhone to usb makes this sound. These songs are straight from iTunes, not crappy youtube rips.

I know my music isn't for everyone, but when you pay an extra grand for something like this and it's barely playable, it kinda ticks me off.

I was wondering if anyone has similar issues or maybe they can try this song on their system.

Test song.

Gazzo ft. Y LUV - Never Touch The Ground [Free] - YouTube

I'd really love your feedback.
Did the other cars' stereos at the dealer also behave that way?

What about turning off the surround and auto-volume (although I see you're not moving, maybe it is having an effect)? StanH has reported that it improved his stereo's bass performance.

BTW, iTunes is actually not a very good source for 'quality' of sound in MP3s. They bias the music there to sound good on earbuds. It sounds absolutely horrible on a decent pair of speakers or headphones.
Have you tried sourcing the same song(s) from elsewhere, to see what they sound like on your system?