C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C450 AMG Sport discussion only.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-15-2019, 03:18 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Just noticed the gaps/cracks in my instrument bezel. I circled them in the attached pic. Anyone else have these? Not sure if it's normal. Never noticed it before.

Old 02-16-2019, 04:59 AM

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
2019 E63S
Completely normal
Old 02-18-2019, 04:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Benz
Hi Guys,

First time car buyer here and was wondering if I could get some advice.

My wife and I are looking to buy a CPO 2016 C450 with about 32k miles on it. The dealership is asking almost $37k. The car has the Premium Package, Lighting Package, Multimedia package, pano sunroof, and a clean carfax.

Just wondering what price we should haggle down to (we are thinking $35k) and if any of you have had any issues with your C450 we should be aware of.

Thanks!
Old 02-18-2019, 06:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 675 Likes on 532 Posts
c
Originally Posted by JeffCA
Hi Guys,

My wife and I are looking to buy a CPO 2016 C450 with about 32k miles on it. The dealership is asking almost $37k. The car has the Premium Package, Lighting Package, Multimedia package, pano sunroof, and a clean carfax.

Just wondering what price we should haggle down to (we are thinking $35k) and if any of you have had any issues with your C450 we should be aware of.

Thanks!
seems really pricey. most people were getting 16% off MSRP on c450's. so I'd take that into considering an depreciate from there,
The following users liked this post:
JeffCA (02-18-2019)
Old 02-18-2019, 09:25 AM

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts
2015 Mercedes C400
Originally Posted by JeffCA
Hi Guys,

Thanks!
Seems just a tad high: https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...sModified=true

I'd think if you could get it for $34-35k it wouldn't be a bad deal if it's exactly what you were looking for and local!
JeffCA (02-18-2019)
Old 02-18-2019, 04:55 PM

2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by tmoneyC450amg
Completely normal
Thanks. Guess i'm just being paranoid. I thought maybe it was a potential source for some of the rattling in the car. Really not what i expected from a Mercedes.
Old 02-19-2019, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 449 Likes on 345 Posts
2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by bhcubed
Thanks. Guess i'm just being paranoid. I thought maybe it was a potential source for some of the rattling in the car. Really not what i expected from a Mercedes.
That's where you insert more money.
Old 03-02-2019, 06:21 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
C400
I drove a C450 today as I am hoping to get out of my problematic C400. I had a question. The one I drove had 19" rims. I am guessing the bigger rims translate into more road noise and a harsher ride. Seems like rattles would also be increased. My car has had rattle wackamol syndrome. The weird thing is that my C400 seems to be even stiffer. Anyone know how the suspensions compare? The C450 I drove had the ability to change suspension settings and I was able to to dial in comfort suspension with sport shifting. It seemed like it was more comfortable then my C400. The sound was also much louder!! I liked that part a lot.
Old 03-26-2019, 09:15 PM

C450
Hello 2016 C450 owners! I'm thinking about buying a CPO 2016 C450, and I've been doing tons of research on the car and after a test drive it seems like it's the one for me! The only thing holding me back is reliability concerns. I've been reading that many owners have had issues with their C450s (Transmission issues, unresponsive infotainment, creaks & rattles etc.) Seeing that this would be my first Mercedes purchase, I want to hear from you all!

Have you had any issues with your C450s? If so, what was it and what did MB do to resolve?

Would you recommend getting the extended warranty through Mercedes-Benz? Or in your experience would it be better to go through a 3rd party?

Is the prepaid maintenance plans from Mercedes worth it?

Would you still recommend buying a 2016 C450 today/Are you still happy with your purchase of it? Or would you rather choose another luxury sport vehicle?

I look forward to hearing from you all!
Old 03-26-2019, 09:24 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C450
The only issue I have are creaks and rattles. The transmission in Eco or Comfort when it starts in 2nd gear has a jerk in the middle before going to 3rd but doesn’t bother me much. Infotainment is good and reliable. No issues there.

Squeaky brakes are another issue. I would recommend warranty if you are getting one as with any used car now a days unless it’s a Toyota.

Originally Posted by JeTxLiFe26
Hello 2016 C450 owners! I'm thinking about buying a CPO 2016 C450, and I've been doing tons of research on the car and after a test drive it seems like it's the one for me! The only thing holding me back is reliability concerns. I've been reading that many owners have had issues with their C450s (Transmission issues, unresponsive infotainment, creaks & rattles etc.) Seeing that this would be my first Mercedes purchase, I want to hear from you all!

Have you had any issues with your C450s? If so, what was it and what did MB do to resolve?

Would you recommend getting the extended warranty through Mercedes-Benz? Or in your experience would it be better to go through a 3rd party?

Is the prepaid maintenance plans from Mercedes worth it?

Would you still recommend buying a 2016 C450 today/Are you still happy with your purchase of it? Or would you rather choose another luxury sport vehicle?

I look forward to hearing from you all!
Old 03-26-2019, 09:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C450
I've had some squeeks and rattles but nothing too bad. The worst one was the passenger seat belt and moving it up a notch on the b pillar solved it.

I recently replaced my front brake pads as they were due and now I get absolutely no noise from the brakes. I went with OEM pads.

There is a transmission software update that addresses the 2nd gear jerk. It doesn't completely solve it, but minimizes it greatly. Had to jump through hoops to get that software though, but this was 2 years ago.

Otherwise this car has been solid, no issues. I've had a JB1 on it for over 2 years and the car is an absolute blast to drive.

One thing I would say though, I recently test drove the facelift with the 9 speed transmission. I'm not sure if the programming is the same as the pre facelift C43, but the 9 speed transmission is much much better.
Everything else being the same, I think I would try to get into the C43 for the 9 speed.

I'll say this for C450 vs C43. I leased the car as I wasn't sure if I would like it. If it had gotten the C43 the following year with the 9 speed, I would keep the car instead of returning it. My biggest gripe with the 7 speed is that it downshifts into 1st gear before coming to a complete stop, and that is always jerky for me. I don't understand why they programmed it that way, there is plenty of torque to stay in 2nd gear. The facelift C43 I test drove did not downshift to 1st until coming to a complete stop. Not sure if that applies to the prefacelift C43 though as I have never driven that one.

If you aren't really picky about the transmission, you will be happy with the C450.

Last edited by aimless; 03-26-2019 at 10:03 PM.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:31 PM

C450
Originally Posted by Standingoten
The only issue I have are creaks and rattles. The transmission in Eco or Comfort when it starts in 2nd gear has a jerk in the middle before going to 3rd but doesn’t bother me much. Infotainment is good and reliable. No issues there.

Squeaky brakes are another issue. I would recommend warranty if you are getting one as with any used car now a days unless it’s a Toyota.
Awesome thanks for the information! That definitely helps put my mind at ease!
Old 03-26-2019, 10:36 PM

C450
Originally Posted by aimless
I've had some squeeks and rattles but nothing too bad. The worst one was the passenger seat belt and moving it up a notch on the b pillar solved it.

I recently replaced my front brake pads as they were due and now I get absolutely no noise from the brakes. I went with OEM pads.

There is a transmission software update that addresses the 2nd gear jerk. It doesn't completely solve it, but minimizes it greatly. Had to jump through hoops to get that software though, but this was 2 years ago.

Otherwise this car has been solid, no issues. I've had a JB1 on it for over 2 years and the car is an absolute blast to drive.

One thing I would say though, I recently test drove the facelift with the 9 speed transmission. I'm not sure if the programming is the same as the pre facelift C43, but the 9 speed transmission is much much better.
Everything else being the same, I think I would try to get into the C43 for the 9 speed.

I'll say this for C450 vs C43. I leased the car as I wasn't sure if I would like it. If it had gotten the C43 the following year with the 9 speed, I would keep the car instead of returning it. My biggest gripe with the 7 speed is that it downshifts into 1st gear before coming to a complete stop, and that is always jerky for me. I don't understand why they programmed it that way, there is plenty of torque to stay in 2nd gear. The facelift C43 I test drove did not downshift to 1st until coming to a complete stop. Not sure if that applies to the prefacelift C43 though as I have never driven that one.

If you aren't really picky about the transmission, you will be happy with the C450.
Perfect! Thanks for all the information! I'm not particularly picky with transmission but I'll definitely have to go test drive the C43 to see how it compares. I wasn't considering that as an option because I live in an area that gets a pretty bad winter, and from my understanding the C43 is predominantly rear wheel drive? But don't quote me because I haven't done much research on it.

Your response definitely helps clear up alot of the doubts that I had about moving forward with a C450 though, thanks again!
Old 03-27-2019, 11:45 AM

C450
Another question I have for you all is have any of you driven the C450 in winter conditions? If so, how did the car perform in the snow? And what are your thoughts on putting all season tires on the 19 inch rims. I know it'll affect the sport performance, but does it honestly make that big of a difference that it's noticeable for everyday driving?

I know the car is available with an 18 inch all season tire, but I like how the 19 inch 5 spoke AMG rims look on the car way better.

Thanks!
Old 03-27-2019, 06:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C450
The C43 is 80% the same. Only real difference is a slightly more RWD bias by a few % (67% vs 69% to the rear?), 9 speed transmission and the performance exhaust option.

I live in Canada and this car has done just as well as my previous Audis in the snow. It's not as good, I get some odd wheel slip at certain incline angles coming out of underground parking lots, but in everyday driving you won't be able to tell the difference.

I'm an advocate for proper snow tires vs all seasons. I'm lowered and running 18" snow tires and haven't had a single issue in the snow.

A bonus is that the belly pan on this car is much much stronger than Audi's version and takes unavoidable ice chunks like a champ.
Old 03-27-2019, 06:40 PM

C450
Originally Posted by aimless
The C43 is 80% the same. Only real difference is a slightly more RWD bias by a few % (67% vs 69% to the rear?), 9 speed transmission and the performance exhaust option.

I live in Canada and this car has done just as well as my previous Audis in the snow. It's not as good, I get some odd wheel slip at certain incline angles coming out of underground parking lots, but in everyday driving you won't be able to tell the difference.

I'm an advocate for proper snow tires vs all seasons. I'm lowered and running 18" snow tires and haven't had a single issue in the snow.

A bonus is that the belly pan on this car is much much stronger than Audi's version and takes unavoidable ice chunks like a champ.
Hmm that's good to know! I didn't realize they were that close. Is the C43 also a 4 matic?

But that's good to know the car performs well in the snow, I know that having proper winter tires is the better route to go, the thing holding me back from that is cost of getting them switched each season/storage for the wheels in the off-season since I live in a apartment.
Old 04-18-2019, 04:49 PM

2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by katlis
Does anyone else notice when sometimes parking, if you cut the wheel hard and move, there's sort of a rubbing feeling? Hard to explain, but it doesn't feel smooth. I find it hard to believe the tires are rubbing against something though.
i had this issue when i first bought my car. it only happened while reversing, and with the steering wheel at a very specific angle. the dealer looked into it, and said it was a normal characteristic of the car. however, it seems to have gotten progressively worse over time. now, it does it every time i'm making a tight turn like pulling in and out of parking spaces. anyone ever get any resolution on this issue?
Old 04-18-2019, 05:58 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
C450 AMG - Polar White
Originally Posted by bhcubed
i had this issue when i first bought my car. it only happened while reversing, and with the steering wheel at a very specific angle. the dealer looked into it, and said it was a normal characteristic of the car. however, it seems to have gotten progressively worse over time. now, it does it every time i'm making a tight turn like pulling in and out of parking spaces. anyone ever get any resolution on this issue?
i dont have a resolution, but can also confirm what you and the other user are experiencing. i get it mainly backing up into a stop, when i get to that point of stopping and putting the car into reverse, as soon as i turn the wheel to angle it it jitters like crazy. especially if you spin the wheel fast. i stopped caring about it.
JeTxLiFe26 (05-01-2019)
Old 05-01-2019, 03:04 PM

2016 C450 AMG
steering noise

i dont have a resolution, but can also confirm what you and the other user are experiencing. i get it mainly backing up into a stop, when i get to that point of stopping and putting the car into reverse, as soon as i turn the wheel to angle it it jitters like crazy. especially if you spin the wheel fast. i stopped caring about it.
I also gave up on caring when i got nowhere with the dealership. but, it seems like it has only gotten worse. I was able to find these manufacturer communications on the NHTSA site though. Thanks to the link from this post:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...errerid=254483

Perhaps they shed some light on the issue?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
MC-10144139-9999.pdf (38.5 KB, 108 views)
MC-10144268-9999.pdf (45.9 KB, 99 views)
MC-10144269-9999.pdf (45.9 KB, 90 views)
Old 08-29-2019, 11:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2006 Infiniti G35
Hi All,
So i have been in the market for over 8 months and i finally made the decision to go for a C450 AMG that was priced at $28,695. The car does have 52k mileage and though the car fax does not show an accident history it does show a 1 time damage history.

I was able to negotiate the car's out the door price (including down payment) down to $33,800 including all the interest paid. (yes i calculate the grand total of interest into the total i pay).

My question: Is it a good idea to buy this car. I can do regular oil changes myself but i don't see my self working on highly advanced components like engine, tranny etc. The dealer did offer to include a bumper to bumper warranty for $1,500 more (40k miles or 3 years) but idk if i should go for it.

All in all, any advice would be helpful. Also if anyone can help me calculate what the expected value of the car would be in 5 years that would also be super helpful.

Breakdown:
  • Borrowing at 4.1%: 18.8k
  • Money Down: 15k
Old 08-30-2019, 08:06 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 C450 AMG, 2009 C300, 2001 C320 2001 CLK430, 95 E500
Originally Posted by waleedm17
Hi All,
So i have been in the market for over 8 months and i finally made the decision to go for a C450 AMG that was priced at $28,695. The car does have 52k mileage and though the car fax does not show an accident history it does show a 1 time damage history.

I was able to negotiate the car's out the door price (including down payment) down to $33,800 including all the interest paid. (yes i calculate the grand total of interest into the total i pay).

My question: Is it a good idea to buy this car. I can do regular oil changes myself but i don't see my self working on highly advanced components like engine, tranny etc. The dealer did offer to include a bumper to bumper warranty for $1,500 more (40k miles or 3 years) but idk if i should go for it.

All in all, any advice would be helpful. Also if anyone can help me calculate what the expected value of the car would be in 5 years that would also be super helpful.

Breakdown:
  • Borrowing at 4.1%: 18.8k
  • Money Down: 15k
. Seems like a pretty good deal and car. Only thing I would say is I would try and get the warranty lower and take it. For this car, that age and mileage several things could go wrong in the next few years and be higher priced than that warranty.
Old 08-30-2019, 11:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2006 Infiniti G35
Originally Posted by tivoboy
. Seems like a pretty good deal and car. Only thing I would say is I would try and get the warranty lower and take it. For this car, that age and mileage several things could go wrong in the next few years and be higher priced than that warranty.
Yeah manager refuses to go lower than the numbers provided above
Old 08-30-2019, 02:45 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 C450 AMG, 2009 C300, 2001 C320 2001 CLK430, 95 E500
Originally Posted by waleedm17
Yeah manager refuses to go lower than the numbers provided above
Try one of the warranty threads and see if you can get it from another mercedes dealer. Then take that offer back to this dealer or buy it elsewhere.
Old 05-19-2024, 05:21 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 Mercedes C43 AMG
C450 AMG build series

Hello lads,

After thorough research on upgrading turbos, intercooler, high-flow cats, tuning, general maintenance, and everything in between for a C43 AMG, I've made the decision to launch a dedicated YouTube channel for these topics. If you're keen on learning or following my journey, feel free to check out my channel using the link below:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdr...confirmation=1

Thank you for your interest!