C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C450 AMG Sport discussion only.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-13-2015, 10:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by inhartwetrust
Thanks, and damn that sucks. I like how they call them "black" when really they are barely black at all.
At least in the case of the 604's, more of the wheel is black than silver. And given you can choose between two finishes it makes sense to me. The 605's also look much more black in person than in that pic.
Old 09-13-2015, 10:08 PM

2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by tmoneyC450amg
Hopefully this week the 450 will be released, as I will also be the first to receive the vehicle in the region as well
Originally Posted by iwork4wine
I will gladly take the 2nd delivery in the region. I am hoping Friday 9/18 will be my delivery day and just take the day off of work and give it a test drive.
Make sure you guys post pics as soon as you get your rides!!

Mine is due to arrive next week so I'll live vicariously through you until then.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shopping 2019 GLC 63s
Originally Posted by jaywac
Make sure you guys post pics as soon as you get your rides!!

Mine is due to arrive next week so I'll live vicariously through you until then.
We are all on the verge of receiving are rides. The anticipation and agony is almost over. I will definitely upload some pics. Let's hope there are no additional delays.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 AMG C43 Coupe
Just wanted to say thank you all for posting in this thread. I have been following the c450 for quite awhile and always really wanted one. I look forward to all the pictures and reviews from everyone and maybe in a year or two I will be able to pick one up.

Looking forward to the coming weeks!
Old 09-14-2015, 12:25 PM

2016 C450 AMG Sport
Has anyone in the US received shipment of their C450 yet.... I am anxiously waiting for mine... it has been built since Aug. 28th. I have not been able to get any more information as to when to expect my car only thing coming out of my dealer is that it is awaiting shipment.
Old 09-14-2015, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts
2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by apilla11
Has anyone in the US received shipment of their C450 yet.... I am anxiously waiting for mine... it has been built since Aug. 28th. I have not been able to get any more information as to when to expect my car only thing coming out of my dealer is that it is awaiting shipment.
I think we are looking at a giant goose egg atm.

Before you get the "it's at the dealer, waiting to be picked up" call, MB should automatically move it into your dealer's inventory. So far, there is one spotted at a dealer:

http://www.mbwestminster.com/new-Wes...WF6EB7GU104758

And it doesn't appear to have arrived at that dealer yet.

(Interesting side note, look at the $599 Dealer & Handling Fee...nice ).
Old 09-14-2015, 12:47 PM

2016 C450
I have been following this thread for quite a while now and I don't believe that anyone has yet, although a few may receive shipment this week.

I'm anxiously waiting for a mid October C450 delivery and cannot wait to hopefully see some pictures from those lucky folks picking up in Sept!
Old 09-14-2015, 01:36 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Looks like US market C450 leather is perforated and Canadian spec C450 is not perforated. Any idea why?
Old 09-14-2015, 01:37 PM

2016 C450 AMG Sport
nvestr - US has heated and ventilated seats when you upgrade to leather seating
Old 09-14-2015, 01:41 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
I guess you're right... odd since Canadians could get the cooled seats as an option on the C400 (although heated seats are standard in Canada regardless of seat type)... Even without ventilation, perforated leather has a nice, sporty look to it. Perforated seats existed long before ventilated seats
Old 09-14-2015, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by nvestr
I guess you're right... odd since Canadians could get the cooled seats as an option on the C400 (although heated seats are standard in Canada regardless of seat type)... Even without ventilation, perforated leather has a nice, sporty look to it. Perforated seats existed long before ventilated seats
I am not sure I would go by the configurator(s). The vented seats have been removed from the US builds that have initially included them. Not sure if we have determined that they are gone for good (MY16) or just for the first group of builds.

The Canadian DOG shows perforations on the seats of one of the C450 pages:

...with better zoom:

Since the designo leather is nixed from the Canadian builds, who knows which leather (perforated or not perforated) will be used
Old 09-14-2015, 02:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 C450
2015 c450's don't have ventilated seats. Because of some apparent performance adjustments made to the US models, it's not available at all. I quadruple checked with my dealer. The packaging on the configurator is wrong. Leather package is called Comfort package on the build sheet and only has heated seats.
Old 09-14-2015, 04:19 PM

C450
I just spoke with my dealer a few minutes ago and he confirmed that my leather interior will be heated but not ventilated. But I did not get the premium 2 package, so models with that option may indeed be equipped with heated as well as ventilated seats.
Old 09-14-2015, 04:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Porsche 981 CS, C450, 3000GT VR4
I don't see the Night Package on the MBUSA online configurator. Is it a bug? Also, several people mention Night Package Plus. Is there a difference between it and the regular Night Package ?
Old 09-14-2015, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by skullboy
I don't see the Night Package on the MBUSA online configurator. Is it a bug? Also, several people mention Night Package Plus. Is there a difference between it and the regular Night Package ?
We had a pretty good discussion about the Night Package (which is standard on the C450) vs. the Night Package Plus ($200) ten days ago... here.
Old 09-14-2015, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
DeeSass provided the best answer:

Originally Posted by DeeSass
As for the "complimentary" night package, I believe MB is referring to the blacked-out mirrors and window frames that come standard on the C450. On my build sheet, the night package is listed as "Night Package Plus" which adds the black rear diffuser, front apron, black tailpipes, and supposedly darker tint on the 3 rear windows.
Old 09-14-2015, 05:07 PM

2016 C450
Originally Posted by GrampaJohn
I just spoke with my dealer a few minutes ago and he confirmed that my leather interior will be heated but not ventilated. But I did not get the premium 2 package, so models with that option may indeed be equipped with heated as well as ventilated seats.
Does anyone know if the premium 2 package with standard black leather includes ventilated seats? A real disappointment if they scratched ventilated seats from builds that were supposed to include them.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Vipershade
We had a pretty good discussion about the Night Package (which is standard on the C450) vs. the Night Package Plus ($200) ten days ago... here.
Is this the same as the 521 Night Package High Gloss Black for $200 because that is what I have on the build ?

Still, it is not listed on the MBUSA online configurator.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:36 PM

Is anyone ordering the H73 Carbon Fiber Trim? Is it going to be scratch and finger print magnet like the standard black glossy trim that everyone hates ?
Old 09-14-2015, 09:38 PM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
Is anyone ordering the H73 Carbon Fiber Trim? Is it going to be scratch and finger print magnet like the standard black glossy trim that everyone hates ?
Whenever I order mine, I will be for sure. Won't be much help for you though as I won't be ordering mine for a little while.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:04 PM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
The Infamous C450
Hi guys, meeting with the dealership this Friday to initiate the order process...well more like window shop to see the various exterior & interior colors and options as well as drool over some C63s they have on the lot.

Anyway, I plan on ordering the 450 when I know exactly what color(s), options, etc. I want. For the people that have placed an order can you share your experience as far as how much did you have to pay to place an order, and how simple was the ordering process.

With all the inaccuracies on the build feature of the website I don't know what to take away from any of my 4 designs.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:21 PM

2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by balessi75
Does anyone know if the premium 2 package with standard black leather includes ventilated seats? A real disappointment if they scratched ventilated seats from builds that were supposed to include them.
As mentioned, ventilated seats do not appear to be available at all, in any package on the C450. The Interior Package that it came bundled with was changed from option code 318 to 317 and the price dropped to $2150 because the vented seats were dropped. No idea if this is an early-build issue or a permanent change.

Is this the same as the 521 Night Package High Gloss Black for $200 because that is what I have on the build ?

Yes it's the same. The online configurator has numerous errors in pricing and options. You can't rely on it. It looks like they loaded some very early information (like from July) but the order guides have had significant changes since then.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:29 PM

2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by *Knowledge*
For the people that have placed an order can you share your experience as far as how much did you have to pay to place an order, and how simple was the ordering process.

With all the inaccuracies on the build feature of the website I don't know what to take away from any of my 4 designs.
You shouldn't have to pay anything to place an order. The dealer may ask for a deposit, which depending on your state is usually refundable.

The ordering process itself is extremely easy. They can adjust an allocated vehicle to your spec live, and give you a printout of your config with the options and MSRP when you're done. After that you can generally make changes up to about 2 weeks before your car is scheduled to be built.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by *Knowledge*
Hi guys, meeting with the dealership this Friday to initiate the order process...well more like window shop to see the various exterior & interior colors and options as well as drool over some C63s they have on the lot.

Anyway, I plan on ordering the 450 when I know exactly what color(s), options, etc. I want. For the people that have placed an order can you share your experience as far as how much did you have to pay to place an order, and how simple was the ordering process.

In addition to the good info from jaywac, make sure to configure your four designs using the MB German site's configurator (http://www.mercedes-benz.de/), and use the full screen, night, interior/exterior, and rotation controls to compare all of your changes:

You can even move between individual configurations using the Load Online Code button:

Remember to record your Online Code after each design change.

Also notice how each screen on the German site is in English in my example... I use Chrome and right click on the page and select Translate to English.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:07 AM

2016 C450 AMG Sport

I've been a little concerned about the Night Package situation since the USA configurator went live. First off, as noticed previously in this thread the car pic in the configurator no longer includes all-black mirrors. The mirrors are body-colored now. I sent a note to my dealer to ask if this is a change to the US release of the C450 and he blew off the answer (answered some other questions I asked but ignored the Night Package question).

Also the line item on my build sheet changed from "Night Package Plus" to "Night Package". Given that there is no way to configure the night package on the website, and the name dropped the PLUS designation on my build sheet, and the picture on the configurator shows body colored mirrors, I have no idea anymore what Night Package actually means.

I really wanted the black mirrors on my Polar White configuration. If they aren't being built this way for the US, I would strongly consider adding the carbon fiber package. I wish we could get a clear answer on whether or not there are errors in the configurator or this is indeed the way the car is being built for the states.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C450 AMG Sport discussion only.