C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400
Old 06-24-2015, 03:27 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Dashcam

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 08:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 AMG Auto Saloon-Prem Plus-Privacy Glass
Dashcam

Hi,

I currently driving A5 and i have a BlackVue Dashcam installed just below in rear view mirror and hardwired into the fusebox which is location by the passenger side door.

As anyone installed and hardwired a dash cam to there W205?
Where is the fusebox on the W205?

I'm due to take delivery for my W205 at the end of the month and will be installing one into my new car.
Old 03-15-2015, 01:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S205 C200 Sport
I've recently taken delivery of an S205 and I'm also looking to fit a front dashcam, possibly also a rear. So far the BlackVue DR600GW looks best. I'm aware they do a 2-channel option but not to keen on either the picture quality of the rear or a cable run along the whole length of the car.
I'm considering getting mine installed by a car-audio place as I want it hard wired in. Due to the location of the front 12v sockets, it will likely end in a disaster if I start removing centre console and trim!

Fusebox locations are detailed here (I believe they are the same for RHD vehicles):
http://moba.i.daimler.com/baix/cars/...er_12_77.shtml

There are a couple of other dashcam-related threads I came across which might be useful (including a video of a C400 install):
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...cam-radar.html
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...dash-cams.html

Will report back here once I've got it installed and let you know how I got on.
Old 03-16-2015, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220 AMG Line
OK Ive done this mod. some time ago. Put a Blackvue in and works well (its the wifi version, though the wifi connection to replay recordings is painfully slow). Easy to hide the cable behind the trim, look neat. Run the cable all the way to the boot (easier than it sounds) and connected to the fusebox in the boot. I bought a piggy back fuse tap from ebay - easy fit.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 AMG Auto Saloon-Prem Plus-Privacy Glass
Originally Posted by Engr Steve
OK Ive done this mod. some time ago. Put a Blackvue in and works well (its the wifi version, though the wifi connection to replay recordings is painfully slow). Easy to hide the cable behind the trim, look neat. Run the cable all the way to the boot (easier than it sounds) and connected to the fusebox in the boot. I bought a piggy back fuse tap from ebay - easy fit.
Isn't there a fusebox i can use by the side of the drivers or passenger door?
Old 03-16-2015, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220 AMG Line
yes, though I found it difficult to get into and run the cable discreetly. Its easier than you think to go to the boot. Cable is run along the top at high level within the door rubber seals, behind the trim on the rear seats to the fuse box.