C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

MB Dealers won't swap for non run-flat tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 01:51 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
'18 GLC 300 4M/Air Suspension
MB Dealers won't swap for non run-flat tires

I found this unusual as my selling dealer said they will only replace tires with the same tires as when the vehicle is manufactured (run-flats) due to liability.

I called another dealer and was told the same thing. I checked another dealer's web site and it said the same thing.

I do like to have the dealer service my cars and replace tires as they usually come close to the price of the discount tire stores.

Now I'm sort of undecided as to what to do. I'm happy with the ride of my car, but feel like it can be improved.

I guess I should have asked the dealer if they would even do an alignment if I swapped tires somewhere else (I always do an alignment when I change tires). Or are tire stores competent to do an alignment on a '15 C300?

Any National tire chain you recommend?
Old 03-27-2015, 02:03 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C300 RWD
Originally Posted by PeteInGilroy
I found this unusual as my selling dealer said they will only replace tires with the same tires as when the vehicle is manufactured (run-flats) due to liability.

I called another dealer and was told the same thing. I checked another dealer's web site and it said the same thing.

I do like to have the dealer service my cars and replace tires as they usually come close to the price of the discount tire stores.

Now I'm sort of undecided as to what to do. I'm happy with the ride of my car, but feel like it can be improved.

I guess I should have asked the dealer if they would even do an alignment if I swapped tires somewhere else (I always do an alignment when I change tires). Or are tire stores competent to do an alignment on a '15 C300?

Any National tire chain you recommend?
Which tires are you looking to go with? I'd say any national chain will work with you. TireKindgom, etc. Can always order from tirerack and have delivered. I'd get a kit for repair to keep with you before you go get them. Let us know how it changes things on the ride!
Old 03-27-2015, 02:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 267 Likes on 163 Posts
S213
I think it has to do with the road assistance system provided by Benz, here in Europe we have a single phone number (Mercedes Benz 24h) to call if anything goes wrong, then you will get free transport and tow to the nearest authorized dealer.

If your car is equpped with runflats the vehicle doesnt have the TireFit system, if your car is retrofitted with non runflats you wont have any means of fixing a flat making the road side assistace non valid.