C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Question for Australian Owners.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W205 C250 Bluetec AMG Line
Question for Australian Owners.

How was your rear licence plate attached to the rear of your W205.

The dealer had put a set of its own branded Mercedes licence plate frames around my plates but when I washed it.. as my previous car did it filled up with water and soap...
So I removed these (its really only just advertising their dealership) and to my horror I noticed that they had drilled four crooked and misaligned screw holes straight through my plate. It looks horrendous and has really given the rear of my car and my $700 plates a shi!tty look.

I just wanted to know how other peoples plates were attached and how they look?

I will post a pick when I get back to my car tomorrow night.. then I will be going back to the dealer to jump up and down.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W205 C250 Sedan
Same with all MB dealers, with plate frame and cover. I will take a photo later.

Perhaps try a better brand license frame? Like Kingpin? They have a neoprene seal and usually water rarely get in. (You will get condensation after wash though).
Old 04-08-2015, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mjollnir1983
Same with all MB dealers, with plate frame and cover. I will take a photo later.

Perhaps try a better brand license frame? Like Kingpin? They have a neoprene seal and usually water rarely get in. (You will get condensation after wash though).
Hey thanks for that, maybe I wasn't entirely clear what I meant.. the number plate frames don't bother me as I dislike them and didn't want them on there anyhow.. what bothers me is how they have wrecked my physical number plates and wanted to see how most peoples were fitted.

Will await your pick, cheers Mate, Matt
Old 04-09-2015, 06:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
2007 W204 220CDI Classic Sedan
Originally Posted by digitallust_aus
How was your rear licence plate attached to the rear of your W205.

The dealer had put a set of its own branded Mercedes licence plate frames around my plates but when I washed it.. as my previous car did it filled up with water and soap...
So I removed these (its really only just advertising their dealership) and to my horror I noticed that they had drilled four crooked and misaligned screw holes straight through my plate. It looks horrendous and has really given the rear of my car and my $700 plates a shi!tty look.

I just wanted to know how other peoples plates were attached and how they look?

I will post a pick when I get back to my car tomorrow night.. then I will be going back to the dealer to jump up and down.
Digit,

The plates on our 204 are pre drilled. The MB frames cover all the holes. Dust does get between the cover & plate over time & needs to be washed off.

Photos attached without cover & with.

NB. To remove the dealer name from the plates I just rubbed it out with a hydrocarbon eg petrol.
Attached Thumbnails Question for Australian Owners.-rear-plate-1.jpg   Question for Australian Owners.-rear-plate-2.jpg  
Old 04-09-2015, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Carsy
Digit,

The plates on our 204 are pre drilled. The MB frames cover all the holes. Dust does get between the cover & plate over time & needs to be washed off.

Photos attached without cover & with.

NB. To remove the dealer name from the plates I just rubbed it out with a hydrocarbon eg petrol.

My plates were pre-drilled as well... however the dealership has drilled four new holes in the torwards the centre of the plate.. and it looks hideous, pics to come tonight...

Cheers, Matt