C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Goodbye C400 - Cocomats Available

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E320 & 2015 C400
Goodbye C400 - Cocomats Available

With less than 900 miles on the odometer, I have traded-in my C400 that was ordered last summer and delivered on November 15th....Other than an annoying driver's side window wind noise that wouldn't go away despite a variety of MB service efforts (new seals, rear view mirror realignment, etc) the C400 did no wrong....I could blame a miserable New England winter two snowy and icy to risk damage or two retrievers who loved to hop in the first car door that I opened but it was just the reality that the C400 is an absolutely wonderful car that just never made my heart thump....I have an older E-class as a comfortable and reliable daily driver (with a much appreciated heated steering wheel) and with warm and sunny weather now here missed having a convertible in the garage for the first time since I was a teenager in the mid-60's...I do not regret for one moment the purchase of C400 nor do I regret any of the options that I ordered from color combo to Airmatic to Air Freshener...this is a stunning car that actually exceeded every expectation than the heart-throb test and that has nothing to do with anything that the C400 did wrong...I did take a hit on the trade-in although it was nowhere near as bad as I had thought it might be and it was significantly eased by the healthy discount offered me on the 2015 SL roadster that will be delivered tomorrow morning...I have followed this forum from the very first day that I heard of the W205 and have been impressed and appreciative of the insight and information provided by Stan and Glyn and everyone else who contributed....all this being said, I now have available for sale a full set of Black with Red Dots Cocomats (front, rear and trunk) that cost $450 when I special ordered at the time of delivery....the mats are as new as a car with 900 miles can be and can be purchased for $250 on a Connecticut pick-up only...there are pics of the mats on an earlier post of mine or you can message me with your e-mail address and I'll send you some...my MB dealership will be checking with some of their W205 clients to determine mat interest...thank you again for your great reads, friendly banter and enthusiasm for a terrific car.....
Old 04-15-2015, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
Lets hope you love the SL more, its a lovely car. Good luck! I'm in a similar boat but I kept my roadster for those top down moments and the C class for my every day needs.
Old 04-15-2015, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 399 Likes on 298 Posts
EQ
Enjoy that SL! My wife has a current model SLK and that top is down (San Diego) almost every day.
Old 04-15-2015, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
Please post some pictures as soon as you can. I have my Boxster S for summer fun and some track days, so I agree 100% that one needs some top down adrenalin in their lives.

Good luck with the new car .... I'm sure it will be a stunner.