C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Anyone else get neck pain from the seats?

Old 01-15-2017, 05:19 PM

Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts
C300 S205 AMG, GLA 45 AMG
Originally Posted by rakaye47
I am getting really bad neck pain from my C400. It seems like the shoulder and headrest area really doesn't fit me well.

The headrest is too far forward, and the shoulder is too far back.

Anyone else have this problem?

Deleted headrest adjustment comment after reading the above.
Personally no issues at all.
Seems you are genetically compromised and certainly deformed..
Suggest you cut the genetic line urgently for the same of humanity (and German seat designers).

I am not supporting the fact you ought to have to but have you considered looking at other headrests for the front, eg w204.
Shame to let something so trivial spoil the overall ownership experience.
Perhaps a trip to he dealer may allow you to try a few options which may fit.

All the best.

Last edited by Shadwell; 01-15-2017 at 05:32 PM.
Old 01-15-2017, 05:28 PM

Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts
C300 S205 AMG, GLA 45 AMG
Originally Posted by Emi B.
I'm a female and I have that exact problem of bad headrest position with my GLA sports front-seats. Totally unacceptable, the headrests are not adjustable and the seats came in high-cost premium option. I became a very unhappy driver since I lease this GLA 2017 - waiting 2 more years before I can get rid of it

Please, don't deny my customer experience by suspecting something is wrong with my body shape. I'm 5'6", the standard woman size, healthy, no back problems, no stress issue. I leased the car to secure my daily hour commute, and I wouldn't register on this website to post this very message, if the design of the seats was not so critical. I highly recommend MB customers to not take the sports seats that come in option with the GLA 250 2017, they don't fit a 5'6" woman, they don't fit any taller person. Neck is pushed down, in huge pain. Hunchback has absolutely no contact with the seat at all. All the pressure goes on the lower back, which generates persistent pain overtime. The back does not hold in place, muscles are overworking to maintain a steady position. Worst driving experience in 20 years I drive cars and especially Mercedes cars.

I recommend MB to fire the designer of those seats, to refund the seats option, and/or to provide GLA customers with the C300 seats.

Best,

We also have the GLA with the AMG seats.
The non adjustable headrest certainly can feel too far forward when the seat it too upright.
The seat is often too upright when people are reaching for the steering. Sometimes they have not extended the steering column to reduce reach allowing the seat to be reclined a little removing the feeling of headrest into the back of your head. this is more so the case with folks with proportionally longer legs and shorter arms.
Personally I adjust the seat to be comfortable then adjust the steering to place the wheel in the correct position. May either don't touch the steering adjust or come at it the other way.
Maybe this is helpful.

Personally when adjusted correctly the GLA AMG is a great driving position. My wife at 5'5" and myself at 6'1" all covered.

All the best.
Old 01-15-2017, 07:25 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2014 CLA250, 2017 C43 Sedan(Arriving in March/April)
Originally Posted by Emi B.
I'm a female and I have that exact problem of bad headrest position with my GLA sports front-seats. Totally unacceptable, the headrests are not adjustable and the seats came in high-cost premium option. I became a very unhappy driver since I lease this GLA 2017 - waiting 2 more years before I can get rid of it

Please, don't deny my customer experience by suspecting something is wrong with my body shape. I'm 5'6", the standard woman size, healthy, no back problems, no stress issue. I leased the car to secure my daily hour commute, and I wouldn't register on this website to post this very message, if the design of the seats was not so critical. I highly recommend MB customers to not take the sports seats that come in option with the GLA 250 2017, they don't fit a 5'6" woman, they don't fit any taller person. Neck is pushed down, in huge pain. Hunchback has absolutely no contact with the seat at all. All the pressure goes on the lower back, which generates persistent pain overtime. The back does not hold in place, muscles are overworking to maintain a steady position. Worst driving experience in 20 years I drive cars and especially Mercedes cars.

I recommend MB to fire the designer of those seats, to refund the seats option, and/or to provide GLA customers with the C300 seats.

Best,
Ergonomics is also a big part of trying out a car and before I make a decision I always spend a lot of time sitting in them and test driving them. Some of them might work for my friends and family while being very uncomfortable to me, and vice versa. I try the cars extensively because they are a massive expenditure and it's my own responsibility to make sure that they work for me.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 554 Likes on 471 Posts
2016 C300
Seats man. Most people fit in most seats quite well, and they never give them a second thought. But there are combinations of perfectly normal people and perfectly average seats that conflict. When they do, especially in a reward purchase like a new Mercedes, it's depressing as hell.

I had an Audi A5 I had to pawn off on my kid because the seats were causing severe lumbar pain. I did a run of PT and the therapist tried adjusting the seat and finally concluded it was physically impossible given the design of the seat to optimize it for me.

On the C, I had one as a loaner for a couple of weeks so I knew it was ok before I bought it. I use a sheepskin seat insert (just runs down the center of the seat) and I can add padding if I need to to change the contours so the seat fits right.

If you post a pic of the area of the seat that's causing you problems I can suggest a fix.
Old 01-15-2017, 10:23 PM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
2015 C400
No neck pain, but after about two months of ownership, still tweaking the seat adjustments for the sweet spot where the back of my legs are support well, and I'm not sitting too high or crunched in. That said, I love the seats overall. It's almost like the floor pan could be an inch lower.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 C300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Darrington
No neck pain, but after about two months of ownership, still tweaking the seat adjustments for the sweet spot where the back of my legs are support well, and I'm not sitting too high or crunched in. That said, I love the seats overall. It's almost like the floor pan could be an inch lower.
+1
Old 02-28-2019, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E220d 4Matic
Originally Posted by MBGeek36
+1
bought by e220d Amg 4Matic 2017 yesterday after driving Audi s-Lomé**for last 15 yrs. car has comfort package. Driven for 150 miles*Seats are just awful- my back pain has been triggered and depression seems envitable. What a terrible mistake I’ve made!
Old 08-10-2023, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLS450
Headrest Pillow

I have a different Mercedes from the C Class (a GLS), but the same problem: headrests are way too far forward. I have to sit pretty upright due to back issues, and the headrest was super uncomfortable (pushes my neck forward.)

I tried 5 or 6 different pillows and supports, and this one was my favorite. It basically pushes my upper back slightly forward so that my neck can rest back on the headrest (rather than the headrest pushing my neck forward.) It leaves my lower back alone so I can sit in the seat properly and use the built-in lumbar supports. It also allows my shoulders to rest where I like them (in line with my back rather than hunched forward.)

Since it's a two-pack, I used the second one in the back for my son. It's way better than the wonky back headrest (which is even worse than the front seat ones!)

Hope this helps! https://amzn.to/3qw15Wv

Mercedes Headrest Pillow Front Seat

Mercedes Headrest Pillow Back Seat