C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Everyone Was Right - It Is A Lemon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 11:14 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2015 C300
Originally Posted by StanNH
Did she try starting the car manually with the key?

There is a new Keyless Go software update available now which supposedly addresses many of the intermittent issues that have been reported. I had it done a couple of weeks ago and so far all is working well.
No, she is clueless about stuff like that. How did you find out about the update? I wish they would publish all the latest updates on a web site so you could know about them. My next scheduled maintenance is in about three months, so I will ask about it then.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:31 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2015MB C300 4matic, Lexus NX
In my case I always start with keyless. When it does not start, the key does not help also. You have to somehow trick the car by arm/disarm or open/close door. It is definitely a glitch. My bro also bought a C300 ( the day after I bought my) but his car has a much later build date and never encounter this issue. I wonder how many of us have this issue - car does not start - the rpm needle rotates and then goes back down, no sound at all. Main indicators - brake feel heavy when you depress it to push start, both 'park', and 'brake' light is lit.
Old 08-01-2015, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
Originally Posted by hpilot
No, she is clueless about stuff like that. How did you find out about the update? I wish they would publish all the latest updates on a web site so you could know about them. My next scheduled maintenance is in about three months, so I will ask about it then.
I had the car in for service and mentioned the problems I had with Keyless Go. They checked for updates, told me there was now one available for that system, and installed it. I have had no further issues with it since then.
Old 08-08-2015, 02:07 PM

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
w205 c400 c63s
i know how it feels... very frustrating. did you still have the car? bought my very first c400 back in January of this year. The following day car broke down in the middle of freeway! something went wrong with the transmission. They tried to fix it after 5 days they release the car. while on the freeway car broke down again the second time!! returned the car get the loaner c300 brand new ofcourse.. called MB usa, Feb 25 they finally bought back the car and pick up another c400 with much lower monthly payment.