C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

How much do you like PARKTRONIC?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 03:23 PM

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
C300 4Matic Tenorite Grey
Originally Posted by sequins
Just wanted to bring up that some things have changed since you were 16 - most importantly visibility has decreased significantly with the current trend of high waistlines and narrow windows in cars, and cars have also increased in size.
Learning on 60's era Buicks and Oldsmobiles certainly qualifies as much bigger than you assume.
Old 04-04-2016, 04:18 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
MB C300
Originally Posted by cidtek
Learning on 60's era Buicks and Oldsmobiles certainly qualifies as much bigger than you assume.
Ha, you have a point there. Though my primary point was that modern cars have generally, far more restricted visibility than older cars.
Old 04-04-2016, 05:25 PM

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
C300 4Matic Tenorite Grey
At least the C300 has plenty of seat adjustments and you never could change the height of seats on older cars. Nothing like backing a 60's tank up to a little MG which was totally invisible. I think any modern car can be easily parallel parked if you first learn the technique as taught by instructors and then take advantage of the camera to watch out for clearance. I even parallel park a big *** Silverado without breaking a sweat because the proper technique always applies.
Old 04-04-2016, 07:19 PM

MB C300
Originally Posted by cidtek
At least the C300 has plenty of seat adjustments and you never could change the height of seats on older cars. Nothing like backing a 60's tank up to a little MG which was totally invisible. I think any modern car can be easily parallel parked if you first learn the technique as taught by instructors and then take advantage of the camera to watch out for clearance. I even parallel park a big *** Silverado without breaking a sweat because the proper technique always applies.
Ah, yes I agree. I lumped the cameras in with the parktronic package since the 360 cameras are part of the package. I think the cameras alone are more than enough. But just pointing out that modern cars have poorer visibility, which is mitigated by cameras and other parking aids.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Golf VII GTI
Originally Posted by DutchTim1
Parktronic is amazing for parallel parking. Perpendicular parking is not so smooth with the system like you see in the example video. But not bad http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54ENpVqz5hA
Thanks for the video. The part with the lady was really funny haha She didn't seem too amused
Old 04-06-2016, 05:03 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Mercedes C W205, Previous: Mercedes ML W164
Originally Posted by mbtina
Thanks for the video. The part with the lady was really funny haha She didn't seem too amused
Np
Old 04-06-2016, 07:12 PM

MB C300
Originally Posted by DutchTim1
Parktronic is amazing for parallel parking. Perpendicular parking is not so smooth with the system like you see in the example video. But not bad http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54ENpVqz5hA
+1 Props on the videos too. Just wanted to mention, your videos actually did help me a lot when I was earlier in the process and trying to decide between MB, Audi and BMW. Your videos going into detail into specific features, and showing how they work in the real world are actually really unique and helpful. There are dozens of "official" reviews out there but they are all the same really, show exterior, show interior, list off manufacturers talking points, then drive around talking about the dynamics.

However, your videos were the only ones that actually demonstrated how some of the features like distronic and park assist and airmatic worked in real life. (The most I saw in a journalist review was 10 seconds of taking hands off wheel and saying look it can drive itself, which gives no information at all about how it actually worked on the highway or effectiveness.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:05 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Mercedes C W205, Previous: Mercedes ML W164
Originally Posted by sequins
+1 Props on the videos too. Just wanted to mention, your videos actually did help me a lot when I was earlier in the process and trying to decide between MB, Audi and BMW. Your videos going into detail into specific features, and showing how they work in the real world are actually really unique and helpful. There are dozens of "official" reviews out there but they are all the same really, show exterior, show interior, list off manufacturers talking points, then drive around talking about the dynamics.

However, your videos were the only ones that actually demonstrated how some of the features like distronic and park assist and airmatic worked in real life. (The most I saw in a journalist review was 10 seconds of taking hands off wheel and saying look it can drive itself, which gives no information at all about how it actually worked on the highway or effectiveness.
Thanks Sequins! I am happy to read that you like my videos I appreciate your comment