C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400
Old 06-24-2015, 07:17 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Tire Repair and Maintenance
Print Wikipost

Run flats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 07:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C300 RWD
Originally Posted by PeteInGilroy
The last time I checked this site: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey....jsp?type=GTAS
the Michelin Premiers were rated higher for noise, but now I see the Pirellis are rated higher, but Michelin is still better for ride quality.
Cool, yea I saw that, there's another site with reviews that said the Premiers got a bit noiser after some miles. This is a replacement for their MXV that was discontinued, was their quietest, but was a but soft for some, and not the best grip.

I'm not sure reading your post I'd quickly go from one RF to another either. The drive guards on that same site you listed seem well regarded, IF I went with another RF when mine worn.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C-300 4matic,Polar White, Black MB-tex,Premium 1,Burmester,partial LED,open pore black ash
Originally Posted by floridadriver
Interesting to hear more of your review of differences, the Michelin Premier is high on my list as a potential replacement. How large (if any) of a difference in noise? This seems to be one of the concerns online of this tire. How do you find ride smoothness/cornering differences? I have Conti RF, and uncertain if there's a difference between them and the Perelli RF. The Non RF version of the Perelli C7 is very highly rated.
I didn't notice a difference in noise but cornering was slightly better on run flats.If handling is a concern, Glyn recommended Michelin Pilot Sport 2 or 3 AS-quiet,comfortable with extraordinary handling. I chose Premier as comfort over bumps was my priority and both my mechanic and the tire dealer said Premier is better than Pilot in this regard. Can't comment on the difference between ContiRF and Pirelli RF.
Old 05-13-2015, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura tl
What is the tread wear like on the C300 AWD All Season Run Flats? (18" Sport Rims)

I spoke to a service department and he said the the Pirelli RF is rated at 40K miles and even shows that on their website.

My concern stems from a 36mo/45K lease. I didn't want to have to replace 2 Sets of 4 tires over the course of the lease as someone told me they were 20K mile Tread wear. Seems to be conflicting info.

Last edited by Flyersman; 05-13-2015 at 05:36 PM.