C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Where to Go for Warranty Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C300 4MATIC
Where to Go for Warranty Service

Definitely goes under the category of "borrowing trouble", but my C300 ins't going to built until July so I need something to worry about in the mean time.

The dealer I am buying from is a bit of hike (the distance isn't very far, but with traffic going there during the week will be annoying), but I was planning to have the car serviced at a new dealer the next town over from my home (Natick v. Burlington for those in the area). I figured in the context of regular maintenance this would't be a problem. Now that I have been reading this forum for a few weeks I am worried about potential warranty claims, especially subjective ones like wind noise.

How hard a time am I likely to have getting satisfaction on warranty issues if I go to a different MB dealer than I bought the car from?

Thanks
Old 05-15-2015, 11:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C400
In theory you should have no problem at all with getting any issues taken care of by another dealership. However, I suppose it's all purely up to the service department and their management as to how well they want to treat you. I've heard of dealerships from other manufacturers not wanting to give out loaners unless the car was bought from them so if they so choose they can make it a bit more difficult for you. I've always tried to take my cars back to the same dealership that I bought them at but sometimes it just isn't reasonable. I'd say give the closest dealership a try when needed and if you aren't satisfied then go back to where you bought it from. I wouldn't anticipate any issues though with regards to the service.
Old 05-16-2015, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 175 Likes on 145 Posts
me: 2015 SL400 & 2015 ML400; wife: 2022 GLC Coupe kid: 2017 GLC SUV
I bought my first six MB's at the Adesa auction and got warranty service at MB of Westwood, never a problem. Bought #7 at Herb in Somerville and the Mrs. says that's a more convenient trip from her Seaport office. My sense is that every dealer wants that perfect feedback score after a service visit so it shouldn't matter, but for any non-warranty service we're all aware that prices vary widely. Herb quoted over $600 for a KeylessGo key for example and I paid $243 for one in 2013 at Smith in Haverhill.....
Old 05-16-2015, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
All dealers have to provide warranty service. What you may lose however, is the use of a loaner vehicle or shuttle service, since that's up to the discretion of the dealer and may be reserved for their own customers.
Old 05-18-2015, 07:12 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C300 RWD
I wouldn't sweat it. I'd find the one who provides best service/value over some personal inconvenience though, but if all the same, go where suits you.

Once service advisor knows you, and if you're loyal and not a PITA, they usually will give you all the perks as if you bought there. And if it's a great service experience, on your 'next' car, it may weigh into your buying location decision.