C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Just done 300 miles/5 hour trip...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
Just done 300 miles/5 hour trip...

Oh god I don't think this car is a stayer. It's lovely, smooth, and so dull. I'm really annoyed to say it. Cross wind noise was immense, traffic info died, SOS went offline, creaks and ticks from nowhere just appeared, mpg is poor even when nannying it, Bluetooth audio went off. Command is non intuitive and distracting, nowhere near other systems I've used.

I'm really disappointed.
Old 05-16-2015, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300
Originally Posted by ManiacGT
Oh god I don't think this car is a stayer. It's lovely, smooth, and so dull. I'm really annoyed to say it. Cross wind noise was immense, traffic info died, SOS went offline, creaks and ticks from nowhere just appeared, mpg is poor even when nannying it, Bluetooth audio went off. Command is non intuitive and distracting, nowhere near other systems I've used.

I'm really disappointed.
Hey Maniac for me it was the opposite. My trip wasn't has long as yours... But I was very pleased with the car. I went up to 150km/h.. That should be like 95mph and had almost no wind noise.
Some lady cut me off really bad and the collision assist warning. Kicked in. Was very impressed. Navigation and Bluetooth worked flawlessly.

Sounds like your car has a lot of issues. Are you leasing or did you buy it? there's nothing they can do for you under warranty?
Old 05-16-2015, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

All intermittent issues. I'm just not gelling with this car. It's lovely in so many ways and just so benign in every way that could excite me. It's fine, I'm on pcp/flex lease/purchase so I can hand it back when equity is even etc

Really annoyed as I loved everything about it but niggles are wearing me down.
Old 05-16-2015, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300
I hope you can get some of those issue fixed. Even if only intermittent. Might be some recalls down the line
Old 05-16-2015, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ffs just got home to find the BMW has a completely flat tyre while sat for a week on the driveway. The joy of tomorrow will be either a nail, malicious let down or possibly cracked alloy.

No matter the car, there's always stress.
Old 05-16-2015, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 87 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Threads like these about the new C300 make me want to call up my dealership and cancel my pending order.

My current 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee with a rough downshifting transmission is looking better & better everyday...

Old 05-16-2015, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sorry it does sound bad but the car is ok. But just ok for me. I've had plenty of issues with my BMW too but at least that one has driving dynamics to make you enjoy the ride. It's a fine everyday family car but that's as much as I can say about the s205 which is arguably more useful than a w205. The long drive today really showed up some big flaws. My other half was constantly moaning about wind noise, fiddling with the windows and complaining the command system was poor, searching from the beginning of every track rather than just going back to the last search, then the system was moaning about no search available, then Bluetooth didn't work etc just too many niggles for the other half which made things hard work and ultimately crossed words and silence in the car. Something that's never happened in the bmw. Far more intuitive and it just works. I think I should have gone 5 series like I wanted but thought it old tech. Clearly old BMW tech is a notch up on new hard to use Merc tech👿

Last edited by ManiacGT; 05-16-2015 at 03:21 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 05-17-2015, 04:25 PM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
EQC 4matic AMG line Premium Plus replacing S213 220d 4matic with airmatic
Tomorrow we finally collect our s205 ordered in early january. Been a long wait and i have seen the forums change from positive to negative discussions about the car. Most seem US issues but not all and most are irritants but again not all and for a product with the strapline the best or nothing any minor issue repeated on numerous cars is a disppointment. Fingers crossed we will be lucky.

But an observation, we came to mercedes from audi, from vw from ford from a very old car. We bought an eclass estate to bring over to france from the uk disposing of an a4 and a3. My 2007 a3 is my favourite car i have ever owned. I hated the e when we got it, rouched leather on the door panels yuk yuk yuk, audi minimilism was so much better, handling was appalling like driving your sofa but overtime all its practical capabilities and its solidity won me over. I was very sad when we sold it to friends and it is great getting a lift in it from time to time. We sold it to buy a GLK the dreadful snow performance of the rwd e class being the deciding factor to go to an suv. I spent the first yr moaning and missing the e class and its load length capabilities but here i am feeling really sorry to see the glk go tomorrow. So my point is it seems mercedes cars take time to insinuate themselves into your system you start off hating them and grow to love them......stick with it maniac who knows you may grow to love your c class!
Old 05-17-2015, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Don't get me wrong. I don't hate the car, I just expected more from a 40 grand Mercedes Benz. Some of it has been very badly designed, the tech in particular. Other elements are fantastic, like the front seats that move on their own when you put the rear seats down. The system that will route you automatically to a rest area when you're tired or immediately show a list of filling stations when fuel is low.

Then of course you want to do something simple, like go back to your music search results to choose another track from the list, oh no, you have to start the whole search again which can take ages. Use a linguatronic search? Oh yes it will take an artist from you and then ask you which album you want... How am I supposed to remember every album name? Give me a list to choose from for gods sake.

Would you like to go back or forward a track? Not without closing down your navi screen to go to media, or move your entire arm fully back to then look at the controls to swipe up with two fingers or press the box button, all of which is distracting and irritating. Because if you don't get the two fingered swipe just right it will take it as one finger which then shrinks the screen, shows two menus, dims the main part etc which you then need to work out whats happened and sort that out before you can go back to try and move a track back or forth again. By now you've smashed into the back of stationary traffic. Just so badly thought through. There's an old adage, just because you can do something, does not mean you should do that thing.

So many things that need to be done in far too many steps or are confusing to everyone that's tried it. Or simply, like traffic, SOS and information buttons on the top console, they only work when they seemingly want to. MB need to sack their COMAND team and get someone new in that actually drives and can therefore make a system you can use on the go.

No major gripes, just lots of frustrations. The creaky dash buttons, the rough road ticking from an a pillar somewhere, and the pano roof... As you say in time it may grow on me, but right now, I could hand it back tomorrow and go back to my BMW without batting an eye.

I said it before and I'll say it again, the BMW systems are superior and intuitive. Plus they work without any wierdies. So glad I didn't sell the BMW. Really glad.

Last edited by ManiacGT; 05-17-2015 at 04:45 PM.
Old 05-17-2015, 06:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 AMG Auto Saloon-Prem Plus-Privacy Glass
Having no issues with my car. Coming from 3 Audi's I'm really impressed with MB Command and linguatronic i think its a far better system than Audi's. Sure i do think there is some things can be improved but over all I'm very happy with it. Hadn't had problems with my bluetooth.

Hope you will get some of your problems sorted out.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:04 PM

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts
W205 C250BT
Originally Posted by ManiacGT
Would you like to go back or forward a track? Not without closing down your navi screen to go to media,
If you have NAV running on COMMAND screen, just put the media or audio options up in your centre instrument cluster, then use your steering wheel buttons to go fwd/back on tracks.

I partially agree with you though. Media search is pretty woeful. In general a lot of the things have to be learned or looked up. It's not all that intuitive. One such example that irks me is that you can't get back to the reverse camera if you've pressed any of the other buttons.
Old 05-18-2015, 01:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sadly I can't even do that as I've noted the centre Nav display shows different instructions to that in the command screen.

For example when approaching a series of turns the centre display shows the final long road I should take and not the left and rights needed to get to it. The command display shows the turns properly. The Nav is poor and shows different instructions on each screen. In addition it also tells me to do things like turn left when it means take a turning off a roundabout that I've not even entered yet. I asked it to take me to a multi-storey car park which was huge and it took me to the exit rather than the entry road which was on the other side. Poor.