C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

My Blue/Purple Satin metallic W205

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
I think you misunderstand. I meant you reinforced what I was saying. For some it's rather shallow bragging rights, I have an AMG, it costs a lot, it has heritage, how dare you use that plastic badge on another car.. it's those that appear to have an issue with someone using a plastic badge. For others, that care about the car and all it brings, a plastic badge is unimportant. If I owned an M4 and saw a 120d with an M badge I'd smile, knowing I had an M4. It would take nothing away from my M4. I'd have no desire to be enraged by it as some would be on here, yourself included it would seem? There are quite simply more important things and the plastic badge does not define the experience which ultimately is what it's all about. I can't even believe I'm going into this as I find the argument quite pathetic to be honest.

Last edited by ManiacGT; 05-29-2015 at 01:33 PM.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 393 Likes on 272 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
Q: What is the motivation for putting on the AMG badge?

A: Umm, aesthetically I just liked that combination of letters and how they were shaped.

No, its about trying to take some of the cachet of a more expensive model, and add that to your own vehicle, free of charge. To those who don't know what you have - well, congratulations, you have impressed those who know nothing about the subject. To those who do know what you have - well, congratulations, you look like a fool.

Its like the people who say they care nothing about labels, then carry a fake Louis Vuitton bag. The problem is, you could be wearing a great outfit, and those who actually know Louis Vuitton won't even notice cos they are laughing at your fake bag, and if they do actually notice it they will dismiss everything else as likely being fake crap too.

As Ive said before - it's presence detracts from the other good work that has been done here and makes it the focal point. It's a zit in the middle of a supermodels forehead. You can say it shouldn't be the focal point all you want, but it IS.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
Why does it bother you so much? As I said earlier if someone tried to fake up their car as a high performance car I owned it would take nothing from my car. Why does it bother people so if someone fakes up a car? It in no way takes anything away from those that legitimately own that car. I find it quite silly to be honest that people are so worked up about something that simply doesn't affect them in the slightest. (Cue massively random hypothesis why it does)
Old 05-29-2015, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
Originally Posted by ManiacGT
I think you misunderstand. I meant you reinforced what I was saying. For some it's rather shallow bragging rights, I have an AMG, it costs a lot, it has heritage, how dare you use that plastic badge on another car.. it's those that appear to have an issue with someone using a plastic badge. For others, that care about the car and all it brings, a plastic badge is unimportant. If I owned an M4 and saw a 120d with an M badge I'd smile, knowing I had an M4. It would take nothing away from my M4. I'd have no desire to be enraged by it as some would be on here, yourself included it would seem? There are quite simply more important things and the plastic badge does not define the experience which ultimately is what it's all about. I can't even believe I'm going into this as I find the argument quite pathetic to be honest.
But then theres the guy who's going to say "man, I saw this m4 the other day, and I dont know what the big deal is about those cos that thing seemed gutless".

Its misrepresentation, its dishonest, and the more people try to make like its anything but, the more its starting to bug me. Where is the line on this? Really?
Can anyone really stand there with a straight face and tell me that because they have AMG floormats its ok to put an AMG badge on a normal C series? Then I wants me some Black Series floormats.

What amazes me about this isn't how people keep posting up about not being cool with it, its how a couple people seem to think they can put their fingers in their ears and yell "you're crazy! Its fine! you're mean! Its fine! you're snobs! Its fine!" over and over again like thats going to make it cool. The numbers here are obvious. It's not fine. On some level, its dishonest.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
Why does it bother you so much?
Why do you care so much? What is with your need to defend the charade?
Old 05-29-2015, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
For some it's rather shallow bragging rights
But its important to have the premium plus package in your signature, right?

Im sorry, I dont mean to make this personal. Im just saying on some level it is important to let other enthusiast know what you have, and to differentiate your vehicle. Now take the $3000 cost of the premium plus (or whatever it is) and add another 0 and make it $30,000. The fact that you want people to know what you have, accurately, tells me you wouldnt want somebody making false claims about that.

Own an AMG. See the pride that goes in to building that. Feel the difference in the vehicle. THEN you can tell me it doesnt matter. Until then, yours is not an informed position.
Old 05-29-2015, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 399 Likes on 277 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by XPS
Let me compare it to apples to oranges. I am a medical doctor; took 4 years of undergraduate, 4 years of medical school, 3 years of residency, and currently taking a fellowship in cardiology. After all the hard work and countless examinations, I am entitled to be called a doctor, especially within a hospital setting. In reality, there has been a heated debate regarding Nurse Practitioners calling themselves "doctors" in a hospital setting. Indeed, they graduated from a DNP but from a public standpoint, they will confuse the general population and they also did not go through a proper medical school nor do they have anywhere close to the medical science knowledge as a MD.

Because "doctor" is not simply just a title; it means much more to the people who have earned it.
That was a really great example actually. r2d2srt, great photos and look though.
Originally Posted by r2d2srt

Old 05-29-2015, 02:36 PM

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts
C300 4Matic Tenorite Grey
I don't own an AMG but I also feel it's dishonest to use improper badges in your quest to be a poseur.
Old 05-29-2015, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C300 4matic Sport-AMG Line
LOL
Old 05-29-2015, 05:17 PM

2015 C300 4matic Sport-AMG Line
i just spent the last 1/2 hour trying to figure out if those brakes are the stock brakes / a sticker on the new W205, but all i have come to find out is that I had better not put an AMG badge on a non-AMG car.

im getting my car in a month, and want to simply change the color of the calipers. I may however have a sticker made that reads LESTER.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:01 PM

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts
C300 4Matic Tenorite Grey
Originally Posted by lesteratlas
i just spent the last 1/2 hour trying to figure out if those brakes are the stock brakes / a sticker on the new W205, but all i have come to find out is that I had better not put an AMG badge on a non-AMG car.

im getting my car in a month, and want to simply change the color of the calipers. I may however have a sticker made that reads LESTER.
And in one month there will many Google searches by people who want those LESTER calipers
Old 05-29-2015, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
Originally Posted by cidtek
And in one month there will many Google searches by people who want those LESTER calipers
I just copyrighted that, Lester, so you should contact me re a licensing fee
Old 05-29-2015, 09:42 PM
XPS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Golf

Don't worry, I understood you quite well. I have taken my time to explain myself. To you it may seem like pointless bragging rights, and this is something you simply do not comprehend.

It isn't an argument as pathetic you think it is. In such a debate like this, be open to at least question your own believe rather than accusing us as being pathetic, overreacting, and defensive in our stance. I honestly think our reasons are founded, and this does not require a hypothesis as you stated.

@lesteratlas: My friends at the hospital have a neat little technology they named LESTER. I'll sell you a badge!!!
Old 05-30-2015, 09:21 AM

W205 UK C300 hybrid
Lovely colour .... Shame about the badge!

First let me say - 'love the colour and the styling'
Secondly 'thanks for providing such a strong talking point' however I'm in the camp which says it doesn't need and shouldn't have the 3 letter badge!
Finally, can I suggest that wrapping over the bonnet badge is a mistake in my opinion ....and highlights the fact it is a wrap.... I'd reinstate the bonnet badge if it was mine!

Whatever, anyone says enjoy the car and the fantastic looks ...
Old 05-30-2015, 04:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cars
Most people actually don't know what an AMG is.
Old 05-30-2015, 05:46 PM

W205 UK C300 hybrid
Originally Posted by white210
Most people actually don't know what an AMG is.
Hmmm - I'd agree.

I have a BMW m sport at the moment and due to all the BMW badging (not added by me - but by BMW I hasten to add!)
Some people don't know or care about the difference... Between an m sport and an 'm' model.

It would appear all manufacturers are going the same way - allowing the opportunity to have the top of the range looks without spending top of the range money!

At my stage of life ... I can't afford an AMG, RS, or 'm' so it suits me NOW, but in 10 - 15 years when I'm buying a real one, I think I'll feel cheated that someone spending half the money can have the same looking car.

On reflection I think ..... That unless BMW, Audi, Mercedes etc want all cars to look the same, they risk losing 'in the know' top end buyers to more exclusive brands.

As you suggest a large proportion of people neither know or care about the difference.
Old 06-02-2015, 12:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Prior-C400 Current-Tesla Model S
Um at any point was the cost of the wrap job actually mentioned????? How much does a vinyl wrap cost????????????
Old 06-02-2015, 01:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 BMW 135i DCT
Originally Posted by Waynezworld
Um at any point was the cost of the wrap job actually mentioned????? How much does a vinyl wrap cost????????????
I'd imagine a lot, I had my BMW hood wrapped (basic not many cuts required for a hood) and that was $300 and some dollars.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
Gallado Spyder / AMG C63S / Cayenne
Originally Posted by hyperion667
oh no! the g37 stone has been thrown! lol

hahahahahhahah

Originally Posted by synaptik
every time someone puts on the badge an entire legion of amg owners show up with snide remarks. ridiculous. just go back to your own forums.

you go back to your forum. bmw x5... you are not even on the right website.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:16 AM

audi s4
read the post, I have c300 but my carpet mats say amg on them from factory, who cares if there is a badge on the car, it looks good, I traded in an S4 for a c300 I could have gotten the amg 63 but found the 300 to be a more fun car to drive, I have an m4 on order and liked the 335 better to drive, but just loved the look of the m4 and got it, it all about what you like I am sure the op could have gotten the amg judging by the amount already spent on the car, amazing car
Old 08-20-2015, 05:47 PM

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
w205 c400 c63s
Originally Posted by r2d2srt
The H&R springs ride is very good ride quality,not stiff and not bouncy ,your turning ratios gets more sharp
Soo much for the badges! the car looks great! PERIOD!!!! btw, i love your 20s too.. can i ask the offset and the exact tire size you got front and rear? how much inch drop h&r springs did you get. Thank you
Old 08-20-2015, 07:07 PM

Received 27 Likes on 7 Posts
C63P
Dude your car AWESOME. F*** the haters. Let people say/think whatever. I stopped reading after the first couple of disses (really? ****ting on G37's? I used to own one and we made fun of you guys too!).

I just looked at all the pictures... your car is is HOT!

I had a dream about 4 years back to get a W204 and have it look like this:

The W204 didn't work out so I got a W205 and and you gave me a sneak-peek of what my car would look like if I ever decide to do the wrap...

THANK YOU!