C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

2016 C450 Order Guide is Available

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 BMW 328xi
Originally Posted by dsingerUNC
Am I correct that both AIRMATIC and ventilated seats have vanished on the C450 (both were available on the C400)? Seems strange that you can get the ventilated seats on the C300 still but not the C450...

Anyone have any insight?
Yes, it looks that way.

The way I look at it is that C450 is designed to be a far more sport oriented car than the plusher C400 which was essentially a C300 with bigger motor.

C450 is going up against Audi S4, BMW M-sport ... so things like ventilated seats and air suspension (and heated steering wheel) have been jettisoned.

The C450 does have standard an electronic dampening suspension that is probably similar to the BMW M-sport adaptive suspension and that suspension definitely allows a driver to dial between "cruising" mode for soaking up bumps and "thrash" mode for shredding curves.

I'm running out of patience on C450 ordering info and have my broker looking into what he can get for pricing on a 340xi with a few options. I would much prefer the C450 as it hits the sweet spot for me, but with no information on how much the bloody thing costs when it is supposed to be going into production in four weeks is frustrating (to say the least).

Mercedes might be losing a customer since they can't get their act together.
Old 06-19-2015, 05:06 PM

BMW 335i
I actually submitted an order on Tuesday for the C450 AMG (agreed to MSRP) just to have the right to the first one, putting down a $5k dealer NF deposit.

According to the FL MB network, it might be the first one in the state

The Designo seat option (according to the dealer) when selected automatically include the heated/ventilated seats...however with that pricing for the option not locked in i can only hope it's not ludicrous

I'll start a thread when I know more, as I'm taking a leap from my 2012 335i (after an e46 M3 and F10 535i) to MB, so this should be fun
Old 06-19-2015, 06:33 PM

2013 BMW 328xi
Originally Posted by LC450AMG
I actually submitted an order on Tuesday for the C450 AMG (agreed to MSRP) just to have the right to the first one, putting down a $5k dealer NF deposit.

According to the FL MB network, it might be the first one in the state

The Designo seat option (according to the dealer) when selected automatically include the heated/ventilated seats...however with that pricing for the option not locked in i can only hope it's not ludicrous

I'll start a thread when I know more, as I'm taking a leap from my 2012 335i (after an e46 M3 and F10 535i) to MB, so this should be fun
I'd say you're taking a leap not only paying an unknown MSRP but paying full sticker as well.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:03 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 C450
Originally Posted by voip1
I'd say you're taking a leap not only paying an unknown MSRP but paying full sticker as well.
Yeah, I agree. Unless you don't mind paying an extra 3 grand or so, I can't see the wisdom in the rush
Old 06-19-2015, 07:20 PM

BMW 335i
^ Correct for both - i have already decided that i was doing MB from BMW so in putting the $5k on it if MB comes out with ridiculous pricing (over $56k base), i will simply switch to the C63. Typically I have used USAA to buy my cars through, but as i wanted a custom build that option wasn't available.

The C450 AMG represented a 'best of all worlds' between the C300 and C63 as I am replacing my DD, so the shot to have it first or be at the head of the line for the next available C63 was worth it.

Same dealer has a black on black C63 AMG S on the lot, but switching brands was enough for me much less going to a $90k C-Class - Although admittedly, that car is an absolute monster so if you have the chance I highly recommend it!!!

Last edited by LC450AMG; 06-19-2015 at 07:23 PM.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:40 PM

2016 C450
Originally Posted by LC450AMG
^ Correct for both - i have already decided that i was doing MB from BMW so in putting the $5k on it if MB comes out with ridiculous pricing (over $56k base), i will simply switch to the C63. Typically I have used USAA to buy my cars through, but as i wanted a custom build that option wasn't available.

The C450 AMG represented a 'best of all worlds' between the C300 and C63 as I am replacing my DD, so the shot to have it first or be at the head of the line for the next available C63 was worth it.

Same dealer has a black on black C63 AMG S on the lot, but switching brands was enough for me much less going to a $90k C-Class - Although admittedly, that car is an absolute monster so if you have the chance I highly recommend it!!!
I see. I am kind of on the fence. I am changing my 09 335i M sport this year as well. I was sold on the C450, now I am really undecided! The upcoming BMW 340 has me thinking. I absolutely love the interior of the C450, it is miles better than the BMW's, but on the other hand, I prefer the exterior look of the BMW, and the straight six and 8 speed transmission! Man. On paper, it would seems as if the C450 is more powerful, but in real life, it may be a tie. BMW is advertising 0-60 in 4.6 seconds for the 340xi, so power difference is a non issue. Decisions!
Old 06-19-2015, 08:09 PM

BMW 335i
Originally Posted by autopal
I see. I am kind of on the fence. I am changing my 09 335i M sport this year as well. I was sold on the C450, now I am really undecided! The upcoming BMW 340 has me thinking. I absolutely love the interior of the C450, it is miles better than the BMW's, but on the other hand, I prefer the exterior look of the BMW, and the straight six and 8 speed transmission! Man. On paper, it would seems as if the C450 is more powerful, but in real life, it may be a tie. BMW is advertising 0-60 in 4.6 seconds for the 340xi, so power difference is a non issue. Decisions!
Haha I know!!!!

I agonized for awhile between the 340i, F80 M3,c63, and c450 but after 3 BMWs I decided it was time to try something else that was supposed to 'feel' better as a DD. loved the C63 S, but as a DD I felt like i wasn't going to do the car justice.

Ultimately, I spend about 4-5hrs in the car daily, and wanted to see if MB was really over time that much better than BMW, and I caught the bug!
Old 06-19-2015, 08:25 PM

2013 BMW 328xi
If base pricing on C450 comes in much over about $53,000 I will likely be leasing a 340xi instead. I can get a 340xi with m-sport for about $51K and will pass on most of the other features this time around... and I actually prefer the interior and exterior styling on the C450 to the BMW F30 but if they over price it I will get the better driving 3-series and stick with the spartan interior and inferior audio setup.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:39 PM

BMW 335i
If base pricing on C450 comes in much over about $53,000 I will likely be leasing a 340xi instead. I can get a 340xi with m-sport for about $51K and will pass on most of the other features this time around... and I actually prefer the interior and exterior styling on the C450 to the BMW F30 but if they over price it I will get the better driving 3-series and stick with the spartan interior and inferior audio setup.
Yeah....like I said if it comes in ridiculously high then I'm just moving up to C63 - I actually love the 335i and i've been very lucky with my car (well maintained, etc) and I want to keep it for the wife

Overall i'm sure i'm also slightly crazy....but I bought my Ducati 848 in Dec 07 without sitting on it and loved it, so why not go again ?!?! lol
Old 06-25-2015, 09:48 AM

2013 BMW 328xi
So I contacted MB on their FB page pointing out I needed to make a car purchase decision soon and that I might not be able to order a new C450 if they can't release pricing information.

I was told that C450 is a "Fall" model and even if dealers are taking deposits the car will not be available for purchase till Fall 2015 and not to expect any new information until much closer to the cars retail availability.

So, that probably means no pricing information until late July or August.

Unfortunately that scratches C450 from my list... my current lease is up in August and I can't be car-less for 2-3 months while they figure it out.
Old 06-25-2015, 09:58 AM

2016 C450
So I contacted MB on their FB page pointing out I needed to make a car purchase decision soon and that I might not be able to order a new C450 if they can't release pricing information.

I was told that C450 is a "Fall" model and even if dealers are taking deposits the car will not be available for purchase till Fall 2015 and not to expect any new information until much closer to the cars retail availability.

So, that probably means no pricing information until late July or August.

Unfortunately that scratches C450 from my list... my current lease is up in August and I can't be car-less for 2-3 months while they figure it out.
I am in the same position, as I just sold my 09 BMW 335i (i couldn't refuse the offer i got!) Fall seems like a long wait for the C450, but my only other alternative is the BMW 340xi, and I don't think that car will be available any sooner! I guess we'll have to wait it out
Old 06-25-2015, 10:05 AM

2013 BMW 328xi
I am in the same position, as I just sold my 09 BMW 335i (i couldn't refuse the offer i got!) Fall seems like a long wait for the C450, but my only other alternative is the BMW 340xi, and I don't think that car will be available any sooner! I guess we'll have to wait it out
They will start building 340xi at the German plant next month, there won't be many allocation slots but models will start arriving in the US in September.

The very earliest I am told that C450s will be showing up that are built in the stateside plant in Alabama is late October.

In the case of another 3 series BMW will gladly extend my current lease as another BMW would be on order. My only option if I really want the C450 is to buy my car at lease end and trade it for a slight loss when the 450 arrives... not sure I'm willing to do that as it will likely cost me at least $2,000 or more in depreciation and taxes.

I would consider it though if I knew what the 450 is going to cost.
Old 06-25-2015, 11:12 AM

2016 C450
My problem is, whilst i'm leaning heavily towards the C450, I would love to test drive both, back to back, before I decide. I absolutely love the C450 interior, it puts the BMW interior to shame. On the other hand, I am a sucker for BMW's straight 6, and also. their 8 speed transmission is pretty damn good. I also hear that the 340 new engine have a better sound, so, this is just a hunch, but I would probably give BMW's powertrain the edge. On the other hand, my car will just be a daily driver, and I won't be trying to explore the car to its limits, so which one is faster is of no concern to me, they are both pretty rapid sedans, but man, BMWs interior just look dated!
Old 06-25-2015, 11:21 AM

2013 BMW 328xi
My problem is, whilst i'm leaning heavily towards the C450, I would love to test drive both, back to back, before I decide. I absolutely love the C450 interior, it puts the BMW interior to shame. On the other hand, I am a sucker for BMW's straight 6, and also. their 8 speed transmission is pretty damn good. I also hear that the 340 new engine have a better sound, so, this is just a hunch, but I would probably give BMW's powertrain the edge. On the other hand, my car will just be a daily driver, and I won't be trying to explore the car to its limits, so which one is faster is of no concern to me, they are both pretty rapid sedans, but man, BMWs interior just look dated!
Yes, in the best of both worlds I would do the same. Unfortunately I started my current lease on a whim and it was a really bad time of year to lease a car since all of the new models are just around the corner when the lease ends.

All of the reviewers who drove the C450 mentioned that it has a satisfying burble and pop reminiscent of full AMG setups. Suspension is supposed to be good but there's little doubt that after tweaking the new 340xi with m-sport and adaptive suspension will probably be better. My one criticism of the W205 is that it feels a bit "floaty" during braking and cornering, totally unlike my 328xi with adaptive suspension.

The #1 reason though that I am considering a C450 W205 is that from an interior perspective it destroys the F30;
  1. Better seats (subjective but that's my opinion)
  2. Far better overall interior execution (other than stupid iPad on the dash thing).
  3. Way better stereo.
  4. slightly better backseat room (I have to get a car seat back there and it's tight in my F30)
  5. Did I mention the interior kicks the crap out of what BMW is shipping? W205 makes my current BMW with expensive leather interior look like a truck it's so spartan.

Other advantages are subjective... BMW comes with moonroof standard on 340 but it's a $1500 option on the C450... in a way this comes out in Mercedes favor as I rarely use the moonroof on my ride, it mostly seems good at making the car super hot when I forgot to close the sunshade....

BMW does not let you order blind spot detection standalone but on the C450 it is standard.... sport transmission and adaptive suspension also standard.

BMW has the upgraded HK sound system standard but the $1500 Burmeister option for the W205 absolutely incinerates it.

Neither has carplay although there's a tiny chance that Mercedes could still ship with it by way of a FW update.

Mercedes has god-awful-whatthehellweretheythinking stalk transmission lever and counterintuitive parking brake. BMW has "traditional" sports sedan setup with center console transmission control and brake.

I'm torn right now. If I'm willing to get kicked in the nuts I can just purchase my current car at lease-end and drive it for a few extra months (at great cost) so that I can do what you are proposing... drive both cars back to back.
Old 06-25-2015, 11:43 AM

2016 C450
Yes, in the best of both worlds I would do the same. Unfortunately I started my current lease on a whim and it was a really bad time of year to lease a car since all of the new models are just around the corner when the lease ends.

All of the reviewers who drove the C450 mentioned that it has a satisfying burble and pop reminiscent of full AMG setups. Suspension is supposed to be good but there's little doubt that after tweaking the new 340xi with m-sport and adaptive suspension will probably be better. My one criticism of the W205 is that it feels a bit "floaty" during braking and cornering, totally unlike my 328xi with adaptive suspension.

The #1 reason though that I am considering a C450 W205 is that from an interior perspective it destroys the F30;
  1. Better seats (subjective but that's my opinion)
  2. Far better overall interior execution (other than stupid iPad on the dash thing).
  3. Way better stereo.
  4. slightly better backseat room (I have to get a car seat back there and it's tight in my F30)
  5. Did I mention the interior kicks the crap out of what BMW is shipping? W205 makes my current BMW with expensive leather interior look like a truck it's so spartan.

Other advantages are subjective... BMW comes with moonroof standard on 340 but it's a $1500 option on the C450... in a way this comes out in Mercedes favor as I rarely use the moonroof on my ride, it mostly seems good at making the car super hot when I forgot to close the sunshade....

BMW does not let you order blind spot detection standalone but on the C450 it is standard.... sport transmission and adaptive suspension also standard.

BMW has the upgraded HK sound system standard but the $1500 Burmeister option for the W205 absolutely incinerates it.

Neither has carplay although there's a tiny chance that Mercedes could still ship with it by way of a FW update.

Mercedes has god-awful-whatthehellweretheythinking stalk transmission lever and counterintuitive parking brake. BMW has "traditional" sports sedan setup with center console transmission control and brake.

I'm torn right now. If I'm willing to get kicked in the nuts I can just purchase my current car at lease-end and drive it for a few extra months (at great cost) so that I can do what you are proposing... drive both cars back to back.
Man, I think we are in the same boat, I've been mulling over this decision for the last few months. The C450 interior is probably the deal breaker for me, as, after sitting in the car, I just can't stand BMWs interior anymore, and I really don't mind the iPad thingy stuck on the dash. Yeah, the stalk shifter kinda sucks, but I can get over that. My biggest gripe, is that I can't get a heated steering wheel on the C450. I think I will wait on the C450, though, and I'm pretty sure akrapovic is currently working on a catback exhaust and rear diffuser that will make it sound and look even more sporty. Update us when you decide, it would be interesting to know how many of us BMW people are switching to MB. Cheers man!
order/pricing guide here https://infotomb.com/vl5xl
Old 06-25-2015, 11:46 AM

2016 C450
Man, I think we are in the same boat, I've been mulling over this decision for the last few months. The C450 interior is probably the deal breaker for me, as, after sitting in the car, I just can't stand BMWs interior anymore, and I really don't mind the iPad thingy stuck on the dash. Yeah, the stalk shifter kinda sucks, but I can get over that. My biggest gripe, is that I can't get a heated steering wheel on the C450. I think I will wait on the C450, though, and I'm pretty sure akrapovic is currently working on a catback exhaust and rear diffuser that will make it sound and look even more sporty. Update us when you decide, it would be interesting to know how many of us BMW people are switching to MB. Cheers man!
Another thing, if you go for the C450, maybe a 2 year lease makes the best sense, as there's rumour that the W205 LCI, due in 2017, will get a straight 6 and 9 speed transmission!
Old 06-25-2015, 01:37 PM

2013 BMW 328xi
Another thing, if you go for the C450, maybe a 2 year lease makes the best sense, as there's rumour that the W205 LCI, due in 2017, will get a straight 6 and 9 speed transmission!
Two year leases are quite a bit more expensive since depreciation is not much less than on a three year lease.

Another option is just go with the "safe" 340xi and then get the C450 LCI version in another 3 years.
Old 06-25-2015, 01:38 PM

2013 BMW 328xi
Very similar situations for sure. I guess the question is, would give/take $5,000 in MSRP base price of C450 sway your decision one way or the other?

For me, with a new baby and college fund to pay into monthly, it would.
Old 06-25-2015, 02:38 PM

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts
BMW M4 Conv
One more in the 340xi vs 450 AMG camp. I'm lucky in that it's not a money issue for me. The main things that I'm looking for is sporty handling and luxury appointment. Obviously, the 450 wins on the luxury side (although a 3 series Individual would go a long way to fix that), but I'm surprised to hear you guys think that the BMW will likely be a hands down winner on the handling side. I'm coming from an S4, and against it, the 3 series xi's are an easy second place. I was hoping that the 450 would be closer to the S4's sporty ride than the 3 series' ride.
Old 06-25-2015, 02:59 PM

2013 BMW 328xi
Originally Posted by hinckley
One more in the 340xi vs 450 AMG camp. I'm lucky in that it's not a money issue for me. The main things that I'm looking for is sporty handling and luxury appointment. Obviously, the 450 wins on the luxury side (although a 3 series Individual would go a long way to fix that), but I'm surprised to hear you guys think that the BMW will likely be a hands down winner on the handling side. I'm coming from an S4, and against it, the 3 series xi's are an easy second place. I was hoping that the 450 would be closer to the S4's sporty ride than the 3 series' ride.
Have you driven the x-drive model with adaptive-m suspension? That's the sweet spot in the F30 lineup if you want all wheel drive.

Without adaptive-m suspension the x-drive has very soft and pliant suspension and light handling similar to the stock W205.

BMW is making a lot of changes to the handling for the 2016 model year, probably because of some of the criticism they have gotten from big publications like C&D who dropped them from their 10 best list for the first time in something like 15 years.

I personally expect that the adaptive-m equipped 340xi will handle just a bit sharper than the C450 but they will probably both be good enough that no one would cry about having either as a daily driver.

Real question for me personally is how good the "stock" non-sport suspension on the BMW 2016 x-drive cars will be, it has always been the weak spot in the BMW lineup and BMW is possibly putting more emphasis on improving the handling of those models as they are competing increasingly with Audi and Mercedes for AWD customers in North America.
Old 06-25-2015, 05:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
F10, F15
it would be interesting to know how many of us BMW people are switching to MB. Cheers man!
Here is one BMW owner that is leaning in the direction of the C450. I've compared the C400 with air suspension to the 435ix M-Sport. Handling wise they are very close. I'd even give a slight advantage to the C400 for its better steering response. I expect the C450 will be even better.

The straight six in the BMW is sweet and the 8-speed tranny is a home run. I currently own two cars with both and I'm happy. From a practical point of view the C450 setup is adequate, though. I think very few could tell the difference while driving either one except for the superior gas mileage with the 8-speed.

The interior luxury feel, the seats and the extra cockpit room make the C450 the winner IMHO.

BTW, I do like the 435 hatch and I will miss the heated steering wheel if I buy the C450. Decisions, decisions, decisions!
Old 06-25-2015, 05:46 PM

2013 BMW 328xi
Originally Posted by radarguy
Here is one BMW owner that is leaning in the direction of the C450. I've compared the C400 with air suspension to the 435ix M-Sport. Handling wise they are very close. I'd even give a slight advantage to the C400 for its better steering response. I expect the C450 will be even better.

The straight six in the BMW is sweet and the 8-speed tranny is a home run. I currently own two cars with both and I'm happy. From a practical point of view the C450 setup is adequate, though. I think very few could tell the difference while driving either one except for the superior gas mileage with the 8-speed.

The interior luxury feel, the seats and the extra cockpit room make the C450 the winner IMHO.

BTW, I do like the 435 hatch and I will miss the heated steering wheel if I buy the C450. Decisions, decisions, decisions!
The 435i is a great car! I like the utility of the hatch as well, unfortunately I thought the rear seat room was noticeably tighter than with my F30 and definitely makes loading/unloading small kiddos harder.
Old 06-25-2015, 05:50 PM

2016 C450
Originally Posted by radarguy

Same here. I don't normally lease, but I'm thinking it might be a great idea to lease the C450. The straight 6 and 9 speed 2 years away!
Old 06-25-2015, 06:01 PM

2013 BMW 328xi
Same here. I don't normally lease, but I'm thinking it might be a great idea to lease the C450. The straight 6 and 9 speed 2 years away!
You might also consider doing a 3 year lease and then if the car comes out with the engine and transmission you want (big if) you would typically be able to find someone to adopt the lease.

Then if in fact it takes them longer than 2 years to come out with this combination you are also covered.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:41 PM

BMW 335i
Dealer said that with the Leather interiors, the interior package is a mandatory order add-on, and it comes with heated/ventilated seats.

Double Check w/ the Dealers, as that didn't show up on the ordering guide but did show up when the dealers order the car, so just an FYI

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2016 C450 Order Guide is Available