C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

I am starting to hate this car!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
Originally Posted by kellens
WOW! Nothing like that where I live. Mercedes makes you long to take it to a Lexus dealer. Or even a Chevy dealer.
My dealer is the only reason I stayed with MB after my first C300 adventure. They have been fantastic and done everything to keep me as a customer. If not for their exceptional service and help in getting me a new car, I would been in another brand by now.

There are some really good MB dealers out there but, unfortunately, there are also plenty of bad ones.
Old 08-02-2015, 01:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C300 RWD
Originally Posted by StanNH
My dealer is the only reason I stayed with MB after my first C300 adventure. They have been fantastic and done everything to keep me as a customer. If not for their exceptional service and help in getting me a new car, I would been in another brand by now.

There are some really good MB dealers out there but, unfortunately, there are also plenty of bad ones.
Very true. You both seem to have exceptional dealers.

Stan, when they updated your software/firmware for your door lock/key fob, if they mentioned, is that the same overall software for the car's ecm, such as for steering, etc, or is each little patch only address a specific issue? I'm guessing the transmission and Comand have their own software update mechanisms, and sounds like your 2nd car had updated Comand firmware.
Old 08-03-2015, 05:34 PM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
2015 C300 Sport 4MATIC
I just talked to my dealer, and after he did some research, he found that at the time of my build, c300 sport's with 4matic were being built with the comfort suspension.

He confirmed that I do have the comfort suspension on my car. Similar practice to what bmw did with m-sport 3 series' that had xdrive i suppose
Old 08-03-2015, 07:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2021 MB GLA 250 4Matic
Originally Posted by topsider
I just talked to my dealer, and after he did some research, he found that at the time of my build, c300 sport's with 4matic were being built with the comfort suspension.

He confirmed that I do have the comfort suspension on my car. Similar practice to what bmw did with m-sport 3 series' that had xdrive i suppose

So no reason for me to ask since we are in the same boat, I guess theres nothing we can do about this either.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by floridadriver
Very true. You both seem to have exceptional dealers.

Stan, when they updated your software/firmware for your door lock/key fob, if they mentioned, is that the same overall software for the car's ecm, such as for steering, etc, or is each little patch only address a specific issue? I'm guessing the transmission and Comand have their own software update mechanisms, and sounds like your 2nd car had updated Comand firmware.
Two updates were performed. One was Keyless Go specific, and the other was an engine module (?) update. I still don't have the printout, so I can't be more specific. I'm just finishing up a 1,000+ mile trip and have so far had zero issues with the Keyless Go system. I have also noted smoother shifts, with none of those sharp jolts ... plus the car now starts in first gear when in Comfort mode. They also replaced the fuel shutoff valve, and I have had no more issues getting full fills at any stations. The car has been perfect on the highway and in heavy traffic.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:16 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2015 W205
Originally Posted by topsider

I think he is BSing you. There are a ton of C300s with Sport package that were built correctly, from August last year onward. The ones that have the comfort suspension were ordered incorrectly. The dealership that placed the order had to make a choice in the system for the suspension, no matter if the car was base, luxury, or sport model. All of them could be configured with comfort, sport, or airmatic suspension. A number of cars were incorrectly configured, by the various dealerships. One would think the system would default the Sport model to sport suspension, but it doesn't.

Call MBUSA if you want to get this dealt with correctly. Your dealership is trying to avoid responsibility.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:21 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2015 W205
Originally Posted by benzboy429
my build shows 485 (COMFORT RUNNING GEAR) and I have the sports package

Rusty what is your build date mine is 1/8/2014. I'm wondering if ours is close since we have similar problems and some of your previously problems have happened to me already and been fixed.
My car is a 10/2014 build. I am starting to think it was built at 9AM on Monday when the workers were still half asleep from the weekend, or 4PM on a Friday, when they were trying to get done so they could knock off work and go grab a beer and watch the Crimson Tide play.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by rustycruiser
I think he is BSing you. There are a ton of C300s with Sport package that were built correctly, from August last year onward. The ones that have the comfort suspension were ordered incorrectly. The dealership that placed the order had to make a choice in the system for the suspension, no matter if the car was base, luxury, or sport model. All of them could be configured with comfort, sport, or airmatic suspension. A number of cars were incorrectly configured, by the various dealerships. One would think the system would default the Sport model to sport suspension, but it doesn't.

Call MBUSA if you want to get this dealt with correctly. Your dealership is trying to avoid responsibility.
It was my understanding that in the U.S. the Sport could only be built with the 486 suspension or Airmatic. The 485 was only an option for the base and Luxury, neither of which could be ordered with the 486 suspension. If a dealer ordered a Sport, the factory was supposed to build it with the 486 by default. The salesman would not normally check simply because there were not supposed to be order options other than Airmatic.

I believe these errors were made at the factory and were not made during the ordering process.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:44 PM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
2015 C300 Sport 4MATIC
Originally Posted by rustycruiser

he compared it to multiple vin's that the dealer had on file, he sent me pics and they all said the same thing. plus, its a lease, so i simply don't care enough
Old 08-04-2015, 04:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 MB C300 (W205) 1969 MB 280SL (W113)
My rear drive base 300 has the "Avantguarde/standard, comfort" suspension with a code 677. I am assuming that code 485 is for 4Matics only?