C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

How to turn on FM HD2?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 11:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C300
How to turn on FM HD2?

One of my favorite station moved out of FM to HD2 FM, seeing the compatible cars with HD2 the C300 is on the list as a standard feature. I've sat in the car for over 30 minutes and I can't find this. I even looked online but I'm just finding things on the older MB's.... HELP!
Old 08-26-2015, 12:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,067 Likes on 703 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
It will find the station automatically. Switch to fm station and scroll through the available stations, it should show up. Our local NPR has 3 stations all in the same frequency. When you tune into the frequency (which the system finds automatically) the substations show up and you can select them. Make sure you put it in your favorites, since as you have figured out tuning the radio takes a phD. I miss a knob every time I have to screw around with anything that has is not in memory. One good thing, even if you disconnect the battery, it remembers your settings.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2015 C300
Maks sure HD stations are enabled, it could be disabled? On my 2013 C250, if the signal is not strong, it won't show HD2 FM either, it will skip those. Haven't had a problem on the 2015s.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:59 AM

2015 C300
HD is enabled but that said before it was enabled I was getting HD and now that I enabled it I'm still getting HD nothing changed, and I realize it will pick up HD automatically after some time on the frequency but that isn't my question. How do I get it on HD2 not regular HD.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
As far as I know if it is like our NPR you simply tune to the assigned frequency it will then show the other streams as HD1,HD2 and HD3. You simply select from the substations (AKA digital streams) assigned to that frequency. If the streams don't show up you are simply not receiving it with enough power. In my case I can get the "normal" NPR station everywhere I go but not the streams. There is no assigned frequency to the various digital streams assigned to a radio station. So for example, if your are looking for HDx at 105.7, you simply tune to 105.7 a submenu will pop up that shows you the HD streams. From there you can select the one you want. I suspect your favorite station just added another stream to its menu so all you have to do is go to your regular frequency and the HD subs will show up. If they don't, you are not receiving the signal, or your FM tuner is FUBAR and need a reprogram.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:56 AM

2015 C300
Yeah that's it, I'm not getting the sub menu. Do you have the 2015 C300 because I see the instructions indicating just as you said on the older cars but nothing on the interface "command system" we have. I wanted to make sure before I go to the dealer.

Originally Posted by c4004matic
As far as I know if it is like our NPR you simply tune to the assigned frequency it will then show the other streams as HD1,HD2 and HD3. You simply select from the substations (AKA digital streams) assigned to that frequency. If the streams don't show up you are simply not receiving it with enough power. In my case I can get the "normal" NPR station everywhere I go but not the streams. There is no assigned frequency to the various digital streams assigned to a radio station. So for example, if your are looking for HDx at 105.7, you simply tune to 105.7 a submenu will pop up that shows you the HD streams. From there you can select the one you want. I suspect your favorite station just added another stream to its menu so all you have to do is go to your regular frequency and the HD subs will show up. If they don't, you are not receiving the signal, or your FM tuner is FUBAR and need a reprogram.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by e92miami
Yeah that's it, I'm not getting the sub menu. Do you have the 2015 C300 because I see the instructions indicating just as you said on the older cars but nothing on the interface "command system" we have. I wanted to make sure before I go to the dealer.
I have the Burmester system, I believe that's the command but to tell you the truth the manuals are so obtuse its hard to know what version of the system it is. The MB manuals are probably some of the worst I have ever used since they have to cover so many different versions of the stuff that are sold all over the world.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
I checked my tuner into an HD station since I barely listen to FM any more. The HD stations simply appear as another station, thus if the station has three streams, there as simply three stations one after the other. As expected they appear automatically.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ferrari, Lexus, Toyota
I have the Burmester system, I believe that's the command but to tell you the truth the manuals are so obtuse its hard to know what version of the system it is. The MB manuals are probably some of the worst I have ever used since they have to cover so many different versions of the stuff that are sold all over the world.

...which is pretty negative and has to do with your reading ability and NOTHING helpful or to do with the guys question.

With HD enabled, scroll through stations (ensure you're not in your list of presets/favorites, but showing all stations), it will show up any signal in HD that it can receive at the time and show them in order if for the same frequency...if it's working properly. I've found some secondary HD FM stations aren't broadcast continuously. It's not in an additional submenu in the 2015 C Comand nor Audio 20.

Last edited by HelenR; 08-27-2015 at 11:20 PM.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by HelenR
...which is pretty negative and has to do with your reading ability and NOTHING helpful or to do with the guys question.

With HD enabled, scroll through stations (ensure you're not in your list of presets/favorites, but showing all stations), it will show up any signal in HD that it can receive at the time and show them in order if for the same frequency...if it's working properly. I've found some secondary HD FM stations aren't broadcast continuously. It's not in an additional submenu in the 2015 C Comand nor Audio 20.
I wrote exactly this right above thanks for the confirmation!

It just happens I have 4 cars with HD radios and they all do it a little different (1 Acura, 1 Honda, 1 F150 (now gone) and the C400).
Now please fell free to inform us what exactly is the difference between command and audio 20 what subsystems it applies to what and so on. I got bored reading about it 5 minutes into it. When my system broke The hands free telephony system was distorted, I could only listen to satellite radio and all other audio goodies were distortion including the nav system. So was it command, was it audio 20 or was it Burmester? It took the dealership a week and a Mercedes Benz master technician to drive in from Chicago to figure it out. So feel free to enlighten us with your knowledge about it!

Last edited by c4004matic; 08-28-2015 at 11:43 AM.
Old 08-28-2015, 02:35 PM

Ferrari, Lexus, Toyota
I wrote exactly this right above thanks for the confirmation!

It just happens I have 4 cars with HD radios and they all do it a little different (1 Acura, 1 Honda, 1 F150 (now gone) and the C400).
Now please fell free to inform us what exactly is the difference between command and audio 20 what subsystems it applies to what and so on. I got bored reading about it 5 minutes into it. When my system broke The hands free telephony system was distorted, I could only listen to satellite radio and all other audio goodies were distortion including the nav system. So was it command, was it audio 20 or was it Burmester? It took the dealership a week and a Mercedes Benz master technician to drive in from Chicago to figure it out. So feel free to enlighten us with your knowledge about it!

Suuuuuure.
Old 08-28-2015, 04:20 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2018 E300 Lux, 2006 Corvette Z51, 2015 Mercedes ML350 (wife's)
Originally Posted by HelenR

Kinda funny to see you calling someone else negative...
Old 08-28-2015, 10:48 PM

Ferrari, Lexus, Toyota
Originally Posted by BlackjackM
Kinda funny to see you calling someone else negative...
I know, right? But he makes me look like a SAINT!