C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Big Surprise - Look What Just Arrived at My Dealer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 05:35 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 C43 Sedan and 2020 Volvo V60 CC
Originally Posted by rbrylaw
LOL......Turns out it was my partner who took the pictures. I thought it was my salesman who took the pictures. My partner just happened to be at the dealership returning a GLA250 they'd given him for an extended test drive. Good thing he really liked it, or I'd have to buy another C300. LOL
Whoops, sorry, didn't intend to offend you or your partner!

Just thought it was an interesting outfit for a salesperson on the job.
Old 09-29-2015, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by Capt Slo
Whoops, sorry, didn't intend to offend you or your partner!

Just thought it was an interesting outfit for a salesperson on the job.
No offense whatsoever. It would have been an unusual outfit for a salesman and my salesman always wears a tie, even though most of the others don't.
Old 09-29-2015, 06:15 PM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
EQC 4matic AMG line Premium Plus replacing S213 220d 4matic with airmatic
Originally Posted by StanNH
From a totally biased point of view, Palladium is THE color to get. Very rich looking and it really accents the lines of the car.

My only advice would be to put all the complaints you've read here out of your mind and just enjoy this beautifully designed car. Pack away the microscope, the stethoscope, and the magnifying glass ... and just drive it.

Congratulations!
Stan is right of course palladium is the colour! Well i like it also have the same ash trim on the console but artico seats with a fabric insert and faux suede edges, sounds bad but is ok in reality, black with black carpets cleans up a treat. The trim is tactile but also very practical being easy to keep clean.

He is also right about forgetting the forum just enjoy your car made for you, mercedes have tried very hard with this car and in my opinion have made a pretty good job. What will be interesting is how the gla 4matic and the c 4matic compare given they are different systems. Are both petrol?
Old 09-29-2015, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by parkwood
Stan is right of course palladium is the colour! Well i like it also have the same ash trim on the console but artico seats with a fabric insert and faux suede edges, sounds bad but is ok in reality, black with black carpets cleans up a treat. The trim is tactile but also very practical being easy to keep clean.

He is also right about forgetting the forum just enjoy your car made for you, mercedes have tried very hard with this car and in my opinion have made a pretty good job. What will be interesting is how the gla 4matic and the c 4matic compare given they are different systems. Are both petrol?
The Artico Seats with Fabric Insert and Faux Suede is not an option available in the US. But I've see it and thought it was great looking.

Both the C300 and GLA250 are gas (petrol in your neck of the woods!). Gas is much more common in the US. And with what VW recently did, I don't see Diesel gaining much more favor over here. We're lucky to have low gas prices. Premium fuel in my area is averaging about $2.30/gallon currently.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:02 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2015 C300 Sport
If you don't mind me asking, what kinda deal did they give you on it?
Old 09-29-2015, 08:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ItchyTasty
If you don't mind me asking, what kinda deal did they give you on it?
We haven't negotiated yet. Sticker is $54,155. My dealer will give me a good deal. I've bought more cars from them than I have toes and fingers. When I do negotiate the final price, I'll let you know.

I will say that I expect no less than 10% off sticker, with ceramic nano film and all season mats thrown in for good measure.
Old 09-29-2015, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C300 4Matic Luxury
Looking awesome! Enjoy the new ride. You are going to love it.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Zenyatta
Looking awesome! Enjoy the new ride. You are going to love it.
Thanks!
Old 09-30-2015, 10:39 AM

Acura TL
Beautiful car! Can't wait to see more pics when you take delivery. It's great that the car arrived so early. I placed my order on 8/7, it went red in the system on Saturday and my dealer told me not to expect delivery until mid-December.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jad71
Beautiful car! Can't wait to see more pics when you take delivery. It's great that the car arrived so early. I placed my order on 8/7, it went red in the system on Saturday and my dealer told me not to expect delivery until mid-December.
Did you order a C300? If you did, I ordered mine after you did and mine is here already. I can't imagine why it will take till mid-December to get your car?
Old 09-30-2015, 11:24 AM

Acura TL
Yes. I ordered a 2016 C300 sport. I imagine we have the same options, my price was the same as yours. I have no idea why it will take so long either! All the dealer will say is that "going red" in the system means it's ready for production and that it usually takes two months to get the car after that. I was really hoping to have it by the end of October.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes. I ordered a 2016 C300 sport. I imagine we have the same options, my price was the same as yours. I have no idea why it will take so long either! All the dealer will say is that "going red" in the system means it's ready for production and that it usually takes two months to get the car after that. I was really hoping to have it by the end of October.
Something doesn't add up there, unless your dealer is a lower volume dealer and doesn't have many allocations available to them. Once the car is built, it shouldn't take longer than a week to make it across the country from Alabama to California.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:50 AM

Acura TL
I agree. Maybe I will give them a call today and see if they have a better explanation. In my area (Sacramento) there are three dealerships, all owned by the same people. I would think that would at least make them a mid-range volume dealer.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I agree. Maybe I will give them a call today and see if they have a better explanation. In my area (Sacramento) there are three dealerships, all owned by the same people. I would think that would at least make them a mid-range volume dealer.
My car was ordered on 8/14, with a projected build date of Third Decade of September. My dealer later confirmed it was to be built on September 25th (last Friday), yet it was delivered to the dealer on Monday 9/28. I could be wrong, but I don't think there's any way it could have been built on Friday and shipped to Tampa over the weekend to arrive at the dealer on Monday.

You ordered your car a week before I ordered mine. It does not seem possible it could take until the middle of December to get it. Perhaps your dealer give out worst case scenarios and then likes to surprise you when it comes in early? I would most definitely push them on a better defined answer on why it could take so much more time.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 87 Posts
2016 C450 AMG

Did you order a C300? If you did, I ordered mine after you did and mine is here already. I can't imagine why it will take till mid-December to get your car?
Maybe someone with a simular order to yours cancelled recently...

Regardless...who cares...you got your car early!

Old 09-30-2015, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MASSC300
Maybe someone with a simular order to yours cancelled recently...

Regardless...who cares...you got your car early!

Well, I feel bad for the guy in CA, who is being told his car won't be in until Mid-December, when he ordered in early August. I know no one cancelled a similar order for mine to come in early. But yes, it is nice mine has come in.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W219-CLS
Very nice! Enjoy it
Old 09-30-2015, 12:36 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 C43 Sedan and 2020 Volvo V60 CC
I know it sucks to have to wait (been there, done that) but I think you're wasting your time trying to get an explanation. Either they didn't order the car when they said they did (and won't admit it) or they'll tell you they don't know why it's taking so long...either way you're just going to have to wait. This is one of those times when browsing internet forums can lead to frustration.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BrianF@Isringhausen
Very nice! Enjoy it
Thanks! I hope to be enjoying it in about a week or so. Until then, all I can do is go visit her, or look at pictures of her!
Old 09-30-2015, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Capt Slo
I know it sucks to have to wait (been there, done that) but I think you're wasting your time trying to get an explanation. Either they didn't order the car when they said they did (and won't admit it) or they'll tell you they don't know why it's taking so long...either way you're just going to have to wait. This is one of those times when browsing internet forums can lead to frustration.
Yes, waiting is frustrating, but he has nothing lose by asking........
Old 10-30-2015, 09:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

So, I'm finally picking up my C300 Sport tomorrow. And we are likely NOT getting the GLA we ordered. This afternoon, my the manager of the dealership called me and asked if I'd pick up my car. I wanted to pick it up weeks ago, but they wanted us to wait for the GLA we ordered. But, other salespeople keep trying to show my car and customers keep trying to buy it, so I agree to go ahead and pick it up.

We had also ordered a fully loaded GLA, which just finally made it to port here in the US. But they're not going to be offering any incentives to take our other leased car back early and that makes it a not good deal. That said, they will have incentives on the GLC, so we tentatively put a hold on a GLC that is sitting at the VPC, waiting for MBUSA to release them. In fact, my dealer has about 100 GLC sitting at the VPC waiting for them to be released.

So, I'm getting my car tomorrow and we'll just see what we'll do about the other one when the GLC's come in.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C300 4Matic
Congrats can't wait to see pics. and a C Class and GLC in the driveway would look quite nice!

Ordered mine about a week after yours but has a Nov 20 build date and is expected to be at the dealer mid Dec. Dealer did say they are running ahead of schedule though so it could be sooner. fingers crossed!
Old 10-31-2015, 06:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts
2018 GLC63
So, I'm finally picking up my C300 Sport tomorrow. And we are likely NOT getting the GLA we ordered. This afternoon, my the manager of the dealership called me and asked if I'd pick up my car. I wanted to pick it up weeks ago, but they wanted us to wait for the GLA we ordered. But, other salespeople keep trying to show my car and customers keep trying to buy it, so I agree to go ahead and pick it up.

We had also ordered a fully loaded GLA, which just finally made it to port here in the US. But they're not going to be offering any incentives to take our other leased car back early and that makes it a not good deal. That said, they will have incentives on the GLC, so we tentatively put a hold on a GLC that is sitting at the VPC, waiting for MBUSA to release them. In fact, my dealer has about 100 GLC sitting at the VPC waiting for them to be released.

So, I'm getting my car tomorrow and we'll just see what we'll do about the other one when the GLC's come in.
Okay, lets stick to the positives...

That is huge about the 300, I am exited to see your pictures (and I know you will be using the big boy camera so they should be amazing).

When we looked at SUVs, we went through the while line and (believe it or not) my wife actual ruled out the GLA as being too small. She wanted to "sit up higher," so every one that she sat in, she jacked the seat up about as high as it could go, and doing this with the GLA left no way for me to even get in. (Yeah, I couldn't figure that out either, but the SUV was more for her than me). Looking at the GLC compared to the GLK, I think the GLC looks fantastic. If it drives like it looks (which I bet it does), I think this my ultimately be a brilliant move.

If they have 100 lined up, it shouldn't be too hard to get something that you like. Hopefully they will take care of you after this long wait.
Old 10-31-2015, 06:05 PM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
EQC 4matic AMG line Premium Plus replacing S213 220d 4matic with airmatic

Very interesting from my viewpoint i think a c class plus glc is more desirous than c + gla. The glc is really the c pumped up to an suv so it started life as a rwd whereas the gla is fwd. Here in europe fwd is the norm and only mercedes and bmw sell rwd. I prefer rwd. The gla being fwd architecture has a dsg auto box and the 4 matic is different as a result. I had a glk and i loved it other half was ok with it but feels suv are inherently less civilised but he is very happy with the c estate. I thought the original design of the glk was spot on i liked its boxy agricultural form follows function and nod to the g class itself a copy of the landrover defender son of the jeep design and it drove well too! Have sat in a glc and it seems bigger than the c but otherwise has the same luxurious feel. It looks too much like a vw tiguan for my taste and i think the plastic wheel arch covers are horrid.

But i am quite jealous as i wish i could own both! Enjoy your new c they are nice cars.
Old 10-31-2015, 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks everyone. I started a new thread with pics, but they're not that great. I was a bit too anxious to get great shots........