C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

UK Alloy Thieves !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 03:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Merc GLC Coupe 250d AMG Line Prem Plus
UK Alloy Thieves !

Hi Guys & Girls !

Sorry to bring a downer on your day, recently here in South London (UK) there has been a gang going round and targeting the new A Class, C Class & S Class for the alloys, its a very big problem and a lot of people are waking up to their cars on bricks. So its just a careful reminder to everyone not only in S.London but wherever you are to keep an eye out for these punks with good taste !I really hope they are caught before they come for my 19's or 18's lol
Old 10-28-2015, 07:07 AM

C220d Avantgarde
Stil prefer this compared to what happened tot my dealer half a year ago. They stole the ILS headlights of several C's on the lot. Most probably tot use for growing weed. BTW does anyone have lock's on there wheels?
Attached Thumbnails UK Alloy Thieves !-mercedes-koplampgate-2014.jpg  
Old 10-28-2015, 07:21 AM

Merc GLC Coupe 250d AMG Line Prem Plus
Wow, these people are reckless. Apparently a certified garage has sold the full nuts to the gang and they are going round doing this, I dnt think anyone has extra locking system ontop. I do not.... yet...
Old 10-28-2015, 07:35 AM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
EQC 4matic AMG line Premium Plus replacing S213 220d 4matic with airmatic
Originally Posted by Dr_xavz
Wow, these people are reckless. Apparently a certified garage has sold the full nuts to the gang and they are going round doing this, I dnt think anyone has extra locking system ontop. I do not.... yet...
I do not think they necessarily need the locking nut sets it is actually possible to remove without them am sure someone has devised a way bet you can make masters up easily anyway by taking an impression as with keys.......thieves and toerags (uk slang) will always be with us sadly.

Doubt there is any foolproof way of securing wheels but if one set are harder than another to take they will always go for the easy option. I once had a car stolen from my drive all they did was lifted it off its rear wheels (it had been driven forward onto the drive)and towed it away! Amazingly in never heard a thing in my house just a few feet away and nor did any of my neighbours and in the uk will live cheek by jowl.

Am visiting the uk next week staying in canterbury hope they are not travelling outside the m25!
Old 10-28-2015, 08:43 AM

Received 183 Likes on 115 Posts
2015 E400 and 2015 GLK350
I guess it could be worse, though. My daughter recently had the entire front bumper and grille stolen from her Honda while it was parked in a parking lot. The thieves actually took the time to jam her front license plate into the air conditioning condenser so that it would show (and look like the owner did the removal him/herself). These guys knew their trade so well that they did no additional damage in removing the assembly, even though the hood (bonnet to the UK gents) was locked from inside the car.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:13 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
C Class 200 sport petrol auto
When the dealer told me that they did not need my locking nut key to service the car alarm bells rang as the wheels were now at risk.

Have all the garage staff at all the MB dealers been police checked? I guess that each dealership has many sets of these universal keys just waiting to be lifted.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
'15 T&C & '14 SL63
I never understood why bait cars don't just have cyanide gas grenades built right in.

Sure would save a lot of hassle.

Remove corpse, reset grenade, resume cup of coffee while waiting for next cretin.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C300 4Matic
It can happen anywhere anytime any place. even with so called wheel locks - youtube wheel lock removal and watch how fast they can be removed. It surprised me!
How do I know? Sadly I know.
Luckily insurance covered the $8k total cost (tires and wheels, body molding, towing) minus my $500 deductible. With all the other little issues the car had (wrong suspension misaligned rear bumper misaligned front bumper non operative parking sensors to name a few) I opted to sell the car shortly there after getting it back. The dealer gave me a great buy back price actually - and I am now waiting for my 2016 C Class with a Dec delivery date.

Was going to wait to post -

but this but the thread fits.

Word of advice get your wheels etched with your VIN because even if you find your wheels (which I did) proving that they are from your specific car proved to be nearly impossible and a huge hassle where I gave up and sucked it up. Its why we carry Insurance after all right??

Old 10-28-2015, 11:18 PM

Received 106 Likes on 62 Posts
W205 C250BT
Holy Cow! What mongrels .. truly amazing. The should make a few of the old JB specials