C450 AMG Mud Flaps - MBWorld.org Forums

Notices
C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C450 AMG Mud Flaps

Reply

 
 
Old 11-01-2015, 12:13 PM
  #1
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile C450 AMG Mud Flaps

I found these and they do help keep the sides of the car cleaner, plus they look great. Easy to install. I couldn't find any US suppliers but found a shop in the UK for $211 painted and shipped. Front and Rear








DiveBum is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 10:37 PM
  #2
Super Member
 
tmoneyC450amg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Philly and NYC
Posts: 574
Thanked 26 Times in 24 Posts
I was just looking into mud guards for the c450! I just did my first wash clay and wax on my polar white 450 and I couldnt believe how fast it got dirty again. And the dirt would kick right up and past our door handles. These are great finds! Do you know of any other manufacturer for mud flaps for our car?

Here are some pics, sorry it had gotten dark by the time I was done detailing...
Attached Thumbnails
C450 AMG Mud Flaps-photo490.jpg   C450 AMG Mud Flaps-photo270.jpg   C450 AMG Mud Flaps-photo947.jpg   C450 AMG Mud Flaps-photo441.jpg   C450 AMG Mud Flaps-photo91.jpg  

tmoneyC450amg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 10:43 PM
  #3
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tmoneyC450amg View Post
... These are great finds! Do you know of any other manufacturer for mud flaps for our car?...

None that I could find. All others I could find were for non-AMG Sport models.
DiveBum is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 01:20 AM
  #4
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Germancar1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 3,884
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
OMG that is horrible. Why are people still putting mud flaps on cars in 2015????? Are you guys over 70? Completely geriatric add on, looks terrible.

M
Germancar1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 01:27 AM
  #5
Super Member
 
tmoneyC450amg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Philly and NYC
Posts: 574
Thanked 26 Times in 24 Posts
I want them because I'm sick of mud splatters on the entire sides of my car whenever I drive it.
tmoneyC450amg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 02:28 AM
  #6
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Germancar1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 3,884
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Your car is going to get dirty anyway and where are you driving dirt roads?? LOL.

Guys this is 2015, those things make the car look like a Buick.

M
Germancar1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 04:43 AM
  #7
Super Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: UK (South West)
Posts: 561
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
I fitted them in mine, about a month ago - they really do make a heck of a difference to the amount of road dirt thrown up onto the sides of the doors - and they reduce the likelihood of stone chip damage to the sills/rear bumper that my previous car suffered from. When I cleaned the car, it was filthy in a day, on our roads, where I live now it still looks great the following week.

As for Germancar's point - I respect his views, these sorts of mods will always split opinion - but, for what it's worth, I still think the car looks great, in some ways even better! Taste is not one person's prerogative, I'm afraid.
jolt8631 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 11:15 AM
  #8
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
rbrylaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,462
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
If you like the look and it gives you comfort, that's great!

I have to say that I don't like the look, so I wouldn't want to put them on my car.
rbrylaw is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 02:34 PM
  #9
Super Member
 
tmoneyC450amg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Philly and NYC
Posts: 574
Thanked 26 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by jolt8631
I fitted them in mine, about a month ago - they really do make a heck of a difference to the amount of road dirt thrown up onto the sides of the doors - and they reduce the likelihood of stone chip damage to the sills/rear bumper that my previous car suffered from. When I cleaned the car, it was filthy in a day, on our roads, where I live now it still looks great the following week.

As for Germancar's point - I respect his views, these sorts of mods will always split opinion - but, for what it's worth, I still think the car looks great, in some ways even better! Taste is not one person's prerogative, I'm afraid.
Did you order the same ones that the OP posted?
tmoneyC450amg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 05:25 PM
  #10
Super Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: UK (South West)
Posts: 561
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by tmoneyC450amg View Post
Did you order the same ones that the OP posted?
Yeah, those look exactly the same as mine. I ordered them from UKCarmats and they are 99, painted and delivered (http://www.ukcarmats.co.uk).

They are dead easy to fit (took about 20mins to do the lot). The fit and OEM fitments are top notch. They even supply the longer plastic rivets needed.

Great value.
jolt8631 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 06:44 PM
  #11
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jolt8631 View Post
Yeah, those look exactly the same as mine. I ordered them from UKCarmats and they are 99, painted and delivered (http://www.ukcarmats.co.uk).

They are dead easy to fit (took about 20mins to do the lot). The fit and OEM fitments are top notch. They even supply the longer plastic rivets needed.

Great value.
Yep, that's where I got them and have links in the OP. Great customer service also.
DiveBum is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 06:41 PM
  #12
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
DaveBum I sent you a private message with a couple of questions if you have some time. Thanks, Jon!
surge50 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 07:33 AM
  #13
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 193
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by DiveBum View Post
I found these and they do help keep the sides of the car cleaner, plus they look great. Easy to install. I couldn't find any US suppliers but found a shop in the UK for $211 painted and shipped.
Good job, DiveBum! And thank you for sharing the pics / links.

Originally Posted by Germancar1 View Post
Your car is going to get dirty anyway and where are you driving dirt roads?? LOL.

Guys this is 2015, those things make the car look like a Buick.

M
Originally Posted by Germancar1 View Post
OMG that is horrible. Why are people still putting mud flaps on cars in 2015????? Are you guys over 70? Completely geriatric add on, looks terrible.

M
You? Shut up. See, people, this so and so here why they say 'opinions are like _____ (you know whats).........everybody's got one.'

And some always stink; really bad. (My words. )

What a troll of a jerk.
BRBM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 09:09 AM
  #14
Super Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 817
Thanked 78 Times in 74 Posts
They'd honestly look better not color matched.

Looks gawdy and cheap IMO.

Plus, kinda defeats the purpose of having them when they are painted.
alexasa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 11:08 AM
  #15
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
It is like comparing to a person that needs to wear glasses...makes some ugly, but helps them in the long run. You realize the rewards when you do not have the paint chips from loose gravel, blacktop. To each his own, but I would use them if I had gravel or loose debris on my road.
surferboy92921 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 06:20 PM
  #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Orange County
Posts: 316
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
I totally agree with wanting the functionality. My 450 flings so much crap onto the side of my car in a day. Nothing worse than getting the free car wash at the dealer and then the next time I get out of the car there's tire dressing and brake dust sprayed on the side of my car like I just finished a rally race. I imagine it will only get worse with a more aggressive wheel set that pushes the tires out further.

However, I think I'd prefer a less stylized, less integrated flap. Just a 2-D cutout like you see in the WRX/STI market. Not color matched as alexasa suggests.

lbowroom is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 01:22 PM
  #17
Junior Member
 
david.kazman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 72
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by alexasa View Post
They'd honestly look better not color matched.

Looks gawdy and cheap IMO.

Plus, kinda defeats the purpose of having them when they are painted.
You are very good in giving opinions
david.kazman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 11:35 PM
  #18
Super Member
 
inhartwetrust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 980
Thanked 66 Times in 57 Posts
Originally Posted by david.kazman View Post
You are very good in giving opinions
At least he's accurate, they do look like ****.

But I guess it's subjective, so maybe we just have similar taste.
inhartwetrust is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 09:00 AM
  #19
Bil
Member
 
Bil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Posts: 134
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Guys who are living in the south maybe do not understand the need of having mud-flap. However, if you live in a country that has 3-4 month winter long, might be useful if you do not want to get side lower skirt and doors heavily damage after 2 years . Here during the winter time there is so much gravel + salt + sand on the road.
,
I have installed ukcarmats mud flap on my W204 and very happy
Bil is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
davesc
C-Class Coupe (C204)
20
03-24-2013 10:26 PM
davesc
SLK-Class (R171)
0
12-01-2012 02:35 PM
davesc
W218
6
12-01-2012 12:25 AM
Dean Phillips
M-Class (W164)
1
04-11-2008 09:56 PM
Rave E55
W211 AMG
21
09-07-2004 09:02 AM


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:35 PM.


Copyright 2001-2012 InternetBrands, Inc. / MBWorld.org. All Rights Reserved.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: