C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

360 camera retrofit - possible?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C220 d Estate AMG line (Distronic Plus)
360 camera retrofit - possible?

Hi,

I just got my new 2015 C 220 d estate delivered the other day. When I went through the list of accessories with the sales guy the we noticed that the factory had missed the 360 camera that I wanted.

The sales guy says it is impossible to retrofit the 360? Is that really true?

Instead they want to compensate me with some paint sealant or something else to keep me a happy customer, but I want the 360, not paint sealant.
Sure, paint sealant is good but in my world it doesn't not even come close to compensate for the 360.

What are the possibilities of retrofitting the 360 system? Is it impossible as the sales guy says or maybe just to expensive so they choose to say it is impossible? I have the parking assist with rear view camera and also Distronic Plus installed.
Old 11-06-2015, 03:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C220 AMG Line Bluetech.
Anything is "possible" - practical, probably not.

There has already been a thread on the possibility to retrofit and it will be massively expensive.

If you REALLY want the 360 Camera - and you can prove that you ordered it, then the dealer should get you a properly specced car, to overcome their mid-build. They should either, let you keep that one 'til it gets here, or put you in a long-term loaner. If, on the other hand, it is unclear where the fault lies (because it isn't documented, then you'll probably have to live without it.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by jolt8631
Anything is "possible" - practical, probably not.

There has already been a thread on the possibility to retrofit and it will be massively expensive.

If you REALLY want the 360 Camera - and you can prove that you ordered it, then the dealer should get you a properly specced car, to overcome their mid-build. They should either, let you keep that one 'til it gets here, or put you in a long-term loaner. If, on the other hand, it is unclear where the fault lies (because it isn't documented, then you'll probably have to live without it.
There is no question about that it was on the order. The factory just missed it. The sales guy confirmed it and I have it on paper. I just wanted a second opinion cause I just don't trust the dealer on this. I'm not really shure how much I can push them. I'm driving the car today, had it for a week, and I'm very happy with it except for the 360. I've seen the thread you mentioned but I would not even think about doing this on an older car, but I'm in a different situation where it's the dealers headache since they screwed up.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 C450
You probably ordered it with the camera, and one of 2 things happened. When the sales guy gave the build to the manager they forgot to add it to the build that they did on Netstar (that goes to the factory) or 2, sometimes the factory does changes and deletes some mods and doesn't tell us the dealers. For example I had a client order heated and ventilated seats. Deposit on order all correct and a notice week of build *update* ventilated seats removed.
As far as adding the camera, it wont happen. There are way to many components needed and probably will cost thousands to do. Better off re-ordering.
Old 11-07-2015, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by ua6-spec
You probably ordered it with the camera, and one of 2 things happened. When the sales guy gave the build to the manager they forgot to add it to the build that they did on Netstar (that goes to the factory) or 2, sometimes the factory does changes and deletes some mods and doesn't tell us the dealers. For example I had a client order heated and ventilated seats. Deposit on order all correct and a notice week of build *update* ventilated seats removed.
As far as adding the camera, it wont happen. There are way to many components needed and probably will cost thousands to do. Better off re-ordering.
Yep, it could probably something like as you describe, most likely. Since I'm already driving the car (had no possibility to wait 4 moths for a new one) I'm waiting for compensation in some form. I told them that I want something that only Mercedes can deliver. Not something that I can go get anywhere myself. We'll see what they come up with...

Thanks´ to you guys I now know that I probably can't expect a 360...good to know even if I don't like it
Old 11-29-2015, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 107 Likes on 75 Posts
2018 AMG GTR, 2017 GLS63, 2019 C63s
There was a glitch in the ordering system. They introduced the rear camera as a chargeable option and if I remember correctly the 360 was unavailable for a short while. It came back as part of parktonic and not stand alone. Your order may have been affected but your dealer didn't bother to inform you. How easy is it to just Blame the factory? Those dummies made a mistake. I don't buy that. Do you not have your printed order sheet. I got one at the time of order and again at delivery. If you don't, dealer may be keeping info from you.
My info is us spec btw.
Old 11-29-2015, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 267 Likes on 163 Posts
S213
Everything is possible, I have looked into it but it is way too expensive.
Old 11-29-2015, 04:51 PM

The problem was at the dealers. I have it on my order but the sales guy forgot to add it in the production system. I've got that verified.

Now they want to compensate me with something but there isn't much that can add equal value that you can retrofit from what I can find. I don't want money.

I asked if there was a possibility to get 'Connect Me' but that doesn't seem possible at least not with remote start. This is only on cars with are produced on the 28:th of November 2015 and after.
They're offering me "Connect Me" via Bluetooth?! But to wait use? Seems worthless if you ask me...

Any one that can come up with a good suggestion that can offer equal value to the 360 that can be retrofitted?
Old 11-29-2015, 05:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,885 Likes on 1,322 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
I love the 360.... I can't believe it's not in every car standard

Like playing a video game where I park perfectly everytime
Old 11-30-2015, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 267 Likes on 163 Posts
S213
Force them to do the retrofit or make them order a new car, their mistake, their problem.
Old 12-02-2017, 08:21 AM

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts
'17 AMG C63S Edition 1 Coupe, '18 AMG C63S Convertible, '19 AMG GLS63
In case anyone else is searching for this...

It's VERY expensive to do. Figure about $3K in parts, much of which you have to buy new, unless you have an excellent condition car to pull parts from - and I mean including harnesses, ribbons, controllers, the whole 9. And about another $3K on installation. The entire car gets gutted. Dash, pillars, center console/trans tunnel, trunk, etc. It's a HUGE job. I know; I retrofitted the OEM 360 camera on my C63 Edition One Coupe cuz the US market only receives pre-speced Edition Ones with the P2 package; no opportunity to upgrade to the P3 package.

Oh, and the car MUST be taken to Mercedes for the final programming. They have to update the vehicle coding information with Germany (Netstar I think?) to enable the menus, calibrate the cameras, and adjust the lighting (at least on the W205 C63, the exterior courtesy lights are used to light up your surroundings at night while the camera is on, providing AMAZING night visibility).

I did a LOT of research on the retrofitters out there, and ended up going with http://www.comand.co.uk/index.php/home. By far THE BEST to go with. In addition to the info on why to go with them found here: http://www.comand.co.uk/index.php/why-use-us--faq, I can tell you based on the VIN, they provided a COMPLETE plug 'n play kit with FACTORY service manual instructions on the installation (not some handmade PDF instruction manual). Basically the tech had factory info to follow, and everything went without a hitch.

It was a TON of money to spend, but I use it EVERY day, especially to help protect my wheels (which have factory yellow vinyl on them), and because the US Edition One doesn't come with parking senors either (yea...sucks).
Old 12-07-2017, 08:21 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
W204
Yes, it is ok, just the installation takes sometime and may be you need to ask a professional guy to do this, you can check this link for reference:
http://www.gzcarphone.com/360-degree...class_p28.html