C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

So what do you hate about your W205?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 87 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by Johnathanswift

At my late stage in life, the 450 is the best balance of luxury and performance for me. If the bmw does it for you, great, but the rest of us aren't wrong, either.

I don't remember saying anyone was "wrong" about this subject...

What I do need to remember is the W205 C300 is still close to an entry level car. I still think the W205 C300 is the superior vehicle compared to the 2015 328i...and that's why I went with Mercedes at the time.

Compared to the C450, the less expensive & improved 2016 340i (which has some of the features I want that the Mercedes lacks) just might make me switch to BMW next time around.

All I'm saying...

Last edited by MASSC450; 12-08-2015 at 11:14 AM.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:36 PM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
2015 C300 Sport 4MATIC
really pissed i got my car 6 months ago and I cant get mbrace connect. ridiculous
Old 12-08-2015, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by topsider

really pissed i got my car 6 months ago and I cant get mbrace connect. ridiculous

That would **** me off as well.

IMO mbrace without the option of remote start isn't worth paying for anyway (for us 2015 owners).
Old 12-08-2015, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C450
Originally Posted by MASSC300
I don't remember saying anyone was "wrong" about this subject...

What I do need to remember is the W205 C300 is still close to an entry level car. I still think the W205 C300 is the superior vehicle compared to the 2015 328i...and that's why I went with Mercedes at the time.

Compared to the C450, the less expensive & improved 2016 340i (which has some of the features I want that the Mercedes lacks) just might make me switch to BMW next time around.

All I'm saying...
I say do it!
Old 12-08-2015, 02:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Too many to list
Originally Posted by topsider

Remote start works about 1/3 of the time anyways......
Old 12-08-2015, 06:09 PM
mvw

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 C450 AMG; 2015 Infiniti QX60
Not a big fan of my key fob randomly not letting me lock/unlock the doors or open the trunk using my hands and forcing me to dig around for the key in my pocket in the rain...
Old 12-08-2015, 07:25 PM

C450
I hate that I haven't gotten through the break in on my C450.
Old 12-08-2015, 07:51 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 E400W4 Sedan Luxury Trim
Originally Posted by MASSC300
I wasn't comparing the two, I simply stated that I was expecting more from the Sport version of the C300 when it comes to turbo lag and handling...never said it was too slow for me.
It's really a sport appearance package, sportier looking wheels, brakes, black headliner and trunk deck and floormats, pedals, etc. The only performance change is the suspension. I don't think that by looking at the specs of the sport package one would really think it turns the car into a sports sedan, that's really where the C450 comes into play. Perhaps BMW has more sport options for their 3 series. I still don't think it's a fair criticism to expect the engine and transmission to perform any differently than a base C300 just because you have a sport appearance package. A lot of people are very happy with a car that looks sharp and sporty but still drives like a small benz with an I4.
Old 12-09-2015, 11:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 C300 Sport 4matic
Originally Posted by Arthrodesis
Remote start works about 1/3 of the time anyways......
Same here, and if you park in a parking garage at work there no chance the signal will reach your car.

Another annoying feature is that your car will turn off once you unlock the doors and you have to restart the car.

Don't really see a point in using it since it doesn't remember the heated or cooled seat setting or the rear defrost.
Old 12-10-2015, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by dmeng

Same here, and if you park in a parking garage at work there no chance the signal will reach your car.

Another annoying feature is that your car will turn off once you unlock the doors and you have to restart the car.

Don't really see a point in using it since it doesn't remember the heated or cooled seat setting or the rear defrost.

I'm convinced The Germans are just plain retarded when it comes to the concept of remote start. To think they've put more effort into designing a cabin air fresher system rather than an actual helpful & convenient option many Americans want (remote start) is outright laughable.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:23 AM

W205
HUGE issues with my GPS system. Sometimes it doesn't find streets, or house numbers, or business addresses. Points of Interests thing is useless, since it shows locations that are usually tens of kilometers away (although there are locations nearer). It sends you to closed roads, private roads, un-passable roads, etc. Just absolutely horrendous system.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:27 AM

C450
Which do you have? The one in my multi media package is great.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:31 AM

W205
I ordered no packages - just a navi system - I think its Garmin. and I paid a lot for it.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:33 AM

C450
That stinks.
Old 12-12-2015, 09:59 PM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts
2021 E450, 2020 C43, 2015 C300, 2007 C280
Angry Time to drop "The Big One" (on MBUSA)

Okay, everyone hit the deck! Here's something to REALLY hate! I don't criticize the minor annoyances others describe here. I've got some of my own. Almost all of these complaints are design annoyances (including features that are lacking). But nothing in the initial post that established this thread prohibited complaints about things that break that shouldn't break in a new car. I realize that other threads exist that are more suited to complain about things that have gone wrong, and I will be posting my full story in one or more of them. So don't reply to me here. But I think it would a service to readers if owners who have had really major breakdowns merely reported their distress here (while discouraging replies). (On the other hand, I hesitate to open the flood gates to all the owners who have had major problems with their COMAND systems!)

It will be hard to find problems more severe than this one. My C300 has had to have the PISTONS replaced! This car was delivered in early Feb. 2015. It has a little over 5000 miles. I lost the use of it from Nov. 12 until Dec. 8. (almost a month).

To the immense credit of the dealer, when I took my C300 4MATIC to see about several small items, the service foreman heard a faint rattle in the engine. I had heard it only when starting cold. (We had taken the car out on the local expressway to check on wind noise.) The problem is actually a manufacturing defect in the wrist pins. If left unrepaired, it will cause premature wear in the cylinder walls. The foreman told me that they are seeing many cases of this problem. They had to wait ten days for parts, because they have to compete with cars on the assembly line for parts. MB suppliers cannot make them quickly enough! As of Nov. 12, I found two other owners reporting this in MBWorld. (They identified their problem as "wrist pins.")

I not only "hate" the loss of use of my car, I "hate" being no longer able to brag about my great new Mercedes. How can I recommend this car after a repair like this in the heart of the engine? (My previous 2007 C280 was in the engine serial number range for the The Dreaded Engine Balance Shaft Gear defect. However, I didn't find out about this until after I ordered my C300. The dealer certainly knew when they priced my trade-in.)

Last edited by gfmohn; 12-16-2015 at 06:55 PM. Reason: to correct the mileage
Old 12-12-2015, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 328 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by gfmohn
Okay, everyone hit the deck! Here's something to REALLY hate! I don't criticize the minor annoyances others describe here. I've got some of my own. Almost all of these complaints are design annoyances (including features that are lacking). But nothing in the initial post that established this thread prohibited complaints about things that break that shouldn't break in a new car. I realize that other threads exist that are more suited to complain about things that have gone wrong, and I will be posting my full story in one or more of them. So don't reply to me here. But I think it would a service to readers if owners who have had really major breakdowns merely reported their distress here (while discouraging replies). (On the other hand, I hesitate to open the flood gates to all the owners who have had major problems with their COMAND systems!)

It will be hard to find problems more severe than this one. My C300 has had to have the PISTONS replaced! This car was delivered in early Feb. 2015. It has appr. 6400 miles. I lost the use of it from Nov. 12 until Dec. 8. (almost a month).

To the immense credit of the dealer, when I took my C300 4MATIC to see about several small items, the service foreman heard a faint rattle in the engine. I had heard it only when starting cold. (We had taken the car out on the local expressway to check on wind noise.) The problem is actually a manufacturing defect in the wrist pins. If left unrepaired, it will cause premature wear in the cylinder walls. The foreman told me that they are seeing many cases of this problem. They had to wait ten days for parts, because they have to compete with cars on the assembly line for parts. MB suppliers cannot make them quickly enough! As of Nov. 12, I found two other owners reporting this in MBWorld. (They identified their problem as "wrist pins.")

I not only "hate" the loss of use of my car, I "hate" being no longer able to brag about my great new Mercedes. How can I recommend this car after a repair like this in the heart of the engine? (My previous 2007 C280 was in the engine serial number range for the The Dreaded Engine Balance Shaft Gear defect. However, I didn't find out about this until after I ordered my C300. The dealer certainly knew when they priced my trade-in.)
I'd say you have an amazing service tech. And he alerted you to a problem that down the road could have turned into something not good. But the fact he took it on his own to let you know and fix your car, should have been a post of praise. It doesn't devalue your car in any way, so why you think you can't be proud to brag about your car which was fixed without you even being aware there was a problem is what I think is wrong about your post.
Old 12-13-2015, 12:31 AM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts
2021 E450, 2020 C43, 2015 C300, 2007 C280
Originally Posted by rbrylaw
I'd say you have an amazing service tech. And he alerted you to a problem that down the road could have turned into something not good. But the fact he took it on his own to let you know and fix your car, should have been a post of praise. It doesn't devalue your car in any way, so why you think you can't be proud to brag about your car which was fixed without you even being aware there was a problem is what I think is wrong about your post.
I could not be more grateful to my dealer, and I said so. I wrote, "To the immense credit of the dealer, when I took my C300 4MATIC to see about several small items, the service foreman heard a faint rattle in the engine." But having the car repaired without charge does not return me to square one. If this defect is as frequent as the foreman said it was, it will affect resale value. After I traded my 2007 C280, I was notified that I was a member of the class action lawsuit concerning The Dreaded Engine Balance Shaft Gear defect in that model. ("The Dreaded Engine Balance Shaft Gear" is the title of a thread in this forum.)
Old 12-13-2015, 08:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by gfmohn

It will be hard to find problems more severe than this one. My C300 has had to have the PISTONS replaced! This car was delivered in early Feb. 2015. It has appr. 6400 miles. I lost the use of it from Nov. 12 until Dec. 8. (almost a month).

The problem is actually a manufacturing defect in the wrist pins.
I found the TSB for this, but I cannot find a date/VIN range for the W205 wrist pin issue...

TSB #LI03-10P060916
NHTSA ID #10058545
Date Announced: JULY 01 2015

Summary: XENTRY (DAIMLER): DUE TO UNFAVORABLE TOLERANCE OF PISTON WRIST PIN, RESULTING IN KNOCKING, CLATTERING/RATTLING NOISES, CAUSING AN ENLARGE END FLOAT CONNECTING ROD IN PISTON, FROM CRANK ASSEMBLY OF ENGINE WHEN COLD.
Old 12-14-2015, 04:07 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
benzw205
Originally Posted by Gungaslow
Seatbelt chime !!!! I hate seatbelt alarm when I drive around my driveway to get mail ..No need to put my seatbelt on for that.. Anyone know how to shut that off?

Just drive slowly and no bell, it's also a great idea to avoid killing anyone..
Old 12-14-2015, 04:09 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
benzw205
The most ridiculous thing is the over slow computer system....

Like a Mac 20 years ago...
Old 12-14-2015, 09:12 PM

c200AV
Installation of tweeters will help a little bit

Originally Posted by Luton Driver
For me without doubt it is the sound quality of the audio 20 radio and media as it is shocking beyond words. I hate it and as someone who lives with the music on it is really spoiling the whole C Class experience for me with its cheap and nasty sound that sounds no better than my £20 bedside radio.
There is no tweeter in W205's unless you chose Burmester Audio option.

Fortunately there are fixtures and grills for tweeters in the position where exterior mirrors are located. If tweeters with small diameters are used, the tweeters can be just snapped into the fixture.

Be sure to use network (or filter) so that frequency for tweeters are split.
Otherwise, tweeters can be damaged by lower frequency.
Old 12-14-2015, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 474 Posts
2016 C300
Originally Posted by hunim
There is no tweeter in W205's unless you chose Burmester Audio option.

Fortunately there are fixtures and grills for tweeters in the position where exterior mirrors are located. If tweeters with small diameters are used, the tweeters can be just snapped into the fixture.

Be sure to use network (or filter) so that frequency for tweeters are split.
Otherwise, tweeters can be damaged by lower frequency.
There are definitely no rear door tweeters without Burmester. Are you sure there are no tweeters behind the mirror sail panels in the front doors?
Old 12-15-2015, 01:26 AM

c200AV
Only fixtures for tweeter in the front door of W205

Originally Posted by Mike5215
There are definitely no rear door tweeters without Burmester. Are you sure there are no tweeters behind the mirror sail panels in the front doors?
May be we can put one of ears close to the tweeter grill.
If you don't hear any high frequency, you can suspect the absence of the
tweeter.

At least there is no tweeter in the front doors in Korea unless you order
Burmester Option.
Attached Images  

Last edited by hunim; 12-15-2015 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Inserting a Picture
Old 12-15-2015, 11:01 AM

W205
I sort of regret reading this thread... I ordered the C200 AMG, fully specked with all the bells and whistles and it arrives next year March. it will be my first car and it surely was love at first sight. Reading this thread with all of the regrets that are coming out though, i wonder if i made the right choice. In Namibia, driving a merc is seen as a prestige, but it would suck having to drive prestige while i know it can break down anytime as some of the members are stating here. You know what, i will let it slide... Surely the wrongs cant be that extreme..Dammit i am getting a merc and i am hoping i wont regret cos i cant think of any other brand right now. My point is, is the Benz really that bad
Old 12-15-2015, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
Originally Posted by Namibian Guy
I sort of regret reading this thread... My point is, is the Benz really that bad
No, it's not. Any thread that starts out asking about things you "hate" about your car can't turn out well. There have been issues with the new W205 series, most of them showing up in early 2015 model year cars. There have also been a few serious issues, affecting either the engine or transmission, but that's not the norm.

The majority of complaints concern relatively minor issues, including dealing with the electronic interfaces and menu/file structures. Few issues are ever serious enough to invoke roadside assistance, although that has certainly happened in a few cases.

The W205 is a solid design with some excellent features. The cars drive well, are generally quite comfortable, economical, and look great. As production has progressed, reliability has also improved and I expect the 2016 numbers to be considerably improved compared to 2015. Minor service issues along the way may happen, but the warranty is solid and most dealers can handle those efficiently.

The new C-Class is an exceptional vehicle. The odds of you having any serious issues with your new car are slight. Personally, I'm enjoying my C300 Sport and there's nothing I "hate" about it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So what do you hate about your W205?