C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

How to protect car floors (Revolutionary Solutions)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 12:51 PM

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts
2018 E63S: Former cars 2016 C450, 2013 C350, 2009 C300
Originally Posted by ScubaKing
DrC450 - I have the cranberry red leather as well...if you get sample, please report back on looks with the red leather. Thanks.
I have reached out to them again hopefully I hear something back.
Old 12-17-2015, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C450
They emailed me and said they don't give swatches. I was a bit surprised. Upstart company that's trying to make a splash ought to do what it can to sell its product.

Sounds like they haven't gotten back to Cajun1689 either. Hmmm.
Old 12-17-2015, 04:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 C300, 2012 Odyssey Touring Elite
I am looking for weather tech mats. Would be helpful if I see some pictures from the actual c300 owners.
Old 12-17-2015, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by NewMBC300
I am looking for weather tech mats. Would be helpful if I see some pictures from the actual c300 owners.
I have the MB Logo All Season Mats, which TBH are as nice as the WeatherTechs (my opinion of course):

Old 12-17-2015, 06:08 PM

MB C450 (soon)
Originally Posted by DrC450
They emailed me and said they don't give swatches. I was a bit surprised. Upstart company that's trying to make a splash ought to do what it can to sell its product.

Sounds like they haven't gotten back to Cajun1689 either. Hmmm.

You would think providing samples would be an appropriate thing to do, esp. given the price point.
Old 12-19-2015, 08:43 PM

W205 C450 AMG Sport
I will have the first set of red stitching on black. I'll post some pics when they arrive. As for original weather mats, I agree they look awesome; however, I decided to go for weathertech floor liner / this due to coverage of the whole floor. The center bridge in rear row is not covered by the AMG mats and some parts of the driver's seat (wall beside foot rest specifically).
Old 12-20-2015, 11:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 C200 AMG line, '08 C300 Sport Avantgarde, '07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd, '02 CLK 200 (gone)
Originally Posted by ScubaKing
DrC450 - I have the cranberry red leather as well...if you get sample, please report back on looks with the red leather. Thanks.
+1
Old 12-22-2015, 06:51 PM

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts
2018 E63S: Former cars 2016 C450, 2013 C350, 2009 C300
just heard back from them. They have been busy with orders they told me to check back with them in about two weeks and they would send me a set to review.
Old 12-23-2015, 11:45 AM

C450
Autopreme liners

Not sure what other people's experience with them has been, but mine so far has been a bit less than stellar. I ordered from them on Dec. 14 and my card was charged on the 15th. I saw on their Facebook that orders before the 17th would be in before Christmas. Since I hadn't gotten a tracking number I emailed them on Sunday the 20th with my order number asking the status of my shipment. Yesterday I received a canned reply email stating "We appreciate your patience! We are now taking orders again..." I replied to that email asking why I need to order again given the fact that I had an order number and that my credit card had been charged. I then received an email from Jonathan stating "This was a mass email sent out to anyone who is signed up on our email list! Sorry for the confusion, you do not need to place an order again!" Which is great but I still don't know what the heck is going on with my order. I replied to that email asking again about the shipment on my order, which I have not heard back. I have also pm'd them on here as well as called customer the "24 hour" customer service, which nobody answers nor have returned my call in 2 days. Just letting you guys know my experience before you order. I understand they are new and probably overwhelmed with orders, but they could at least email me an answer on my order or call me back or something.
Old 12-23-2015, 03:32 PM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
The Infamous C450
Any chance this will be made for the trunk/cargo area?

Originally Posted by cajun1689
just heard back from them. They have been busy with orders they told me to check back with them in about two weeks and they would send me a set to review.
Nice, yours to keep or review and send back?
Old 12-23-2015, 09:38 PM

W205 C450 AMG Sport

Build quality: 10/10

Material they used are indeed top notch. I have nothing to complain here, they are very well layered and soft to touch, no odour and finishes are great. I've stepped on them numerous times and it seems built to last. It is very wet here this winter and the water doesn't seem to do much harm to the texture either.

Design: 9/10

Love the design, diamond stitching really makes them look fancy. A point knocked off for not creating a contrast using different patterns on the sidewall and the floor. I personally think it would look better but that's just my opinion. ex. Straight lines on floor and diamond stitching on sidewalls and elevated area.

The premium plus also have buttons to attach the looped mats but they are silver, without the mats on they stand out and thought that was something they could fix. (They mentioned it'll be blacked out buttons going forward)

Services: 10/10

Right from the time of ordering to after sales they've been nothing but spectacular! I can understand delays as who isn't busy nowadays.

After Sales Services: 10/10

They've been attentive and definitely wants their customers to be happy, I am not due to below reasons but given everything else, they've been great and I'd DEFINITELY buy from them again.

Fitment: 5/10

Numerous fitment issues, it has something to do with the manufacturing process and being the first to get red stitching definitely didn't help as I was told it confused their factory producing these mats.

FULL STORY:

I actually received the mats earlier last week, Saturday 18th to be exact. Took them out and installed them and I quickly realized numerous fitment issues. Emailed them and got a reply later that afternoon, ran through the whole situation and they were eager to fix it for me. They laid out the options to either provide a full refund or make a set of new mats and ship to me. I chose latter, I provided a lot of pointers and fitment related issues and they said everything has been recorded and they'll go ahead and make the new mats. One of the post above mentioned them not being able to respond promptly, I believe they were trying to resolve the fitment issues first before providing an update to you. Anyhow, fast forward to today, I received another call wanting to clarify a few things, at the end, they sincerely apologize for the horrible fitment and provided a full refund. They said they will work on resolving the issue but they need some time to work out a solution. I am happy they were honest the whole time and acknowledged the issues related to fitment.

I personally think the mats will look great when they fit on properly, and will definitely purchase from them once the issues have been resolved.

Just wanted to add that the fitment issues were related to the driver and passenger mats, the rear mats were within acceptable parameters. If you, like me, who is concerned about the center bridge getting dirty, the rear mats will protect it nicely and not have a huge fitment issue.

Last edited by Zorq; 12-23-2015 at 09:50 PM.
Old 12-23-2015, 11:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 C300, 2012 Odyssey Touring Elite
aliexpress has similar mats. Anyone bought from them or know the difference?

Last edited by NewMBC300; 12-23-2015 at 11:32 PM.
Old 12-24-2015, 05:15 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 Maserati Grand Turismo Sport
aliexpress has similar mats. Anyone bought from them or know the difference?
To everyone who is asking why AutoPreme > Ali Express:

Although the pictures of our products may look similar, the quality of the two products are extremely different.
Here are just a couple reasons why they are different:

1. Just from the pictures, anyone can see that the stitching on the Ali Express mats is with only one thread (making it less durable) while AutoPreme mats have more than one stitching
2. The heel grip for the Ali Express mats are plastic while AutoPreme mats use metal heel grips with rubber nibs
3. The molds for the Ali Express mats are not firm because they do not have a mold to help it retain its shape. They simply stitch pieces together, rather than making one whole firm mold on the bottom. This can make a big difference when it comes to durability and waterproof ability. AutoPreme mats are custom made with the specific molds of each car to ensure a perfect fit

These 3 reasons are just from the pictures themselves. If you were to compare the two products in person, there would be a clear difference in quality. We encourage you to make a purchase from both parties and see the differences yourself. If our customer service, product quality, warranty policy, turnaround, packaging design and delivery speed cannot beat theirs, we are more than happy to give you a full refund.

Last edited by Autopreme; 12-25-2015 at 12:45 AM.
Old 12-24-2015, 08:39 AM

C450
Regarding my post above, I received an email from Jonathan. He was very apologetic and it seems to be a big mixup and possibly my fault. When I ordered I selected c400 for the car since c450 was not on the list. However, in the notes section I put "c450." I'm guessing this is the problem since I received a refund this morning and an email stating that they do not have the molds to make them for my car. Was I mistaken thinking that the c400 floor is the same as the c450?

Last edited by 03evo8; 12-25-2015 at 10:22 AM.
Old 12-24-2015, 07:42 PM

W205 C450 AMG Sport
Agree that the heel grip is VERY nice.
Old 12-25-2015, 05:44 AM

W205 C450 AMG Sport

Just thought I owe it to the guys here for some extra pictures. Noticed I mentioned in previous post that I wish it had created a contrast on floor to side wall, and that I didn't like the silver buttons but found the looped mats not to my liking, so I threw on the original rubber mats on top to created a difference between the side walls and floor. Suits my usage. I did not do that on the drivers side as it would raise the floor too much and obstruct with driving imho. Anyhow, enjoy, hope you guys like the mats!
Old 12-25-2015, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by Zorq

Just thought I owe it to the guys here for some extra pictures. Noticed I mentioned in previous post that I wish it had created a contrast on floor to side wall, and that I didn't like the silver buttons but found the looped mats not to my liking, so I threw on the original rubber mats on top to created a difference between the side walls and floor. Suits my usage. I did not do that on the drivers side as it would raise the floor too much and obstruct with driving imho. Anyhow, enjoy, hope you guys like the mats!
I'm not sure you're helping them sell these with that solution. I couldn't possibly justify spending $200 on mats to cover them up with the rubber mats. But maybe that's just me.........
Old 12-25-2015, 02:11 PM

C450
Has the fitment issues for the c450 been resolved?
Old 12-25-2015, 09:59 PM

W205 C450 AMG Sport
Originally Posted by DrC450
Has the fitment issues for the c450 been resolved?

The TOP RIGHT corner of the front passenger mats does not fit properly and I believe they said that will be fixed. That being said, I pointed out a couple improvements they could work on and they said they'll get those sorted out.

As you can see from the pics, I'm just a little nitpicking over some minor details but the overall quality is there and I think you won't be disappointed with these mats as they are priced roughly the same if not a little less than weathertech floor liners after the discount. I'd choose these mats over the weathertech any day.

It's a personal taste for having the rubber mats on top, I'm not trying to help them sell, just trying to provide some honest opinions for buyers who are interested.

Sorry for the dirty pics, again it's been really wet this season here and the mats are keeping up very well.
Old 12-26-2015, 05:25 PM

C450
Finally got mine. And honestly not worth the money. The look was nice but the fitment was absolutely terrible. Not sure how an upstart company can claim such a "high end product" and deliver a total dud. Will return. Let's see if they refund my money.
Old 12-26-2015, 08:26 PM

C450
I see similar items in aliexpress. What is the difference other than the price? I am no way affiliated to aliexpress but just a frequent buyer from there for my c300.
Did a bit of research on other car sites--bmw, Lexus, etc.

It sounds like these mats are made in China with begs the question... Are they simple middlemen jacking up the price.
Old 07-28-2016, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
Yes they are . Pretty unsophisticated college kids who are just marking up an existing product available in China

You can now get these mats for $18 with free shipping on eBay

Item 161882598163

Sorry to anyone who got scammed with the Kickstarter
Old 09-12-2016, 12:43 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
04 CL & S600 designo Espresso's
I have normally had great lock with the vendors from the Forums, but I purchased these for my GL. They looked great when I got them, but within 30 days the stitching began to unravel and the screw bolts holding on the heel pad loosed and lost one. The owner Janathan Lee, promised to replace them, but after corresponding with him numerous times and excuse-after-excuse, he refuses to return my emails. Wouldn't purchase these again, all show, no quality, and horrible customer service!
Old 09-12-2016, 01:51 PM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
2014 C300
Originally Posted by 300SDLguy
I have normally had great lock with the vendors from the Forums, but I purchased these for my GL. They looked great when I got them, but within 30 days the stitching began to unravel and the screw bolts holding on the heel pad loosed and lost one. The owner Janathan Lee, promised to replace them, but after corresponding with him numerous times and excuse-after-excuse, he refuses to return my emails. Wouldn't purchase these again, all show, no quality, and horrible customer service!
Can't say I expected any less from a Chinese fly by night "business". I took one look at these things and scoffed.