C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

My new 2016 C450 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
Originally Posted by JGatsby
Hello everyone, this is my first post on this great site. I wanted to post some pictures of my new C450. I gained some great information from posts on this site prior to ordering my vehicle and wanted to pay it forward. I will be happy to answer any questions (regardless how small) of my short experience with the C450. Check out the stock exhaust note! thanks to all who have posted, hope you enjoy the photos and video.
Love this car. Going to try picking one up new end of 2016 model year in Sept. I believe it is going to be renamed C43 after that. BTW, why does you car have no model badges on trunk lid? Did you take them off?
Old 04-13-2016, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
Originally Posted by mvw
I've had this as well. Seems to only show up in a material way in sport+ and almost never happens in comfort (and even then it is very slight).

It's very irritating.
I've driven my 2008 C300 over 340,000 kms from new, and I know all about the LAG. From all my reading and interviews with mechanics, The consensus seems to be it's a "Mercedes Thing". Normally aspirated or turbo, in certain coasting conditions, you can punch the gas and wait... and wait... before she wakes up.

I don't know if its programmed into the engine's electronics, or something with the transmission, but it can be frustrating, and sometimes surprising and dangerous. I have come to expect it and live with it. There is one highway entrance ramp that I take every day, and simply due to the geometry of the curve and the speed I'm at going in, this lag happens every time without fail, no matter what mode the transmission is in.

That being said, I still love my car because it drives like new and looks like a beast, and will only give it up now because of the kms.