C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

AMG-Sport is dead. C450 will now be AMG C43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 09:28 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
MB C450 - June 2016
Originally Posted by z28lt1
Posted in the main C450 thread, here again as well since it is discussed in both places.
Noticed that under head up display it says delayed availability until August 2016 production. Is that specific to the C43 or are they having supply issues for current C450 builds as well? Thought I saw someone else mention supply chain issues with HUD recently.
Old 05-09-2016, 09:37 PM

Received 173 Likes on 110 Posts
C450, GLS 63 and a few other things
Originally Posted by tan70ri
Noticed that under head up display it says delayed availability until August 2016 production. Is that specific to the C43 or are they having supply issues for current C450 builds as well? Thought I saw someone else mention supply chain issues with HUD recently.
I saw it mentioned here as well. I don't know for sure. My vehicle with HUD started production on 4/6 and instead of the usual few days of build, it was over 25 days. I have no idea what the delay was, could have been the HUD, but it was delivered last week with HUD, so there is some availability. The order guide has it delayed all across the line for 2017 though -- including the 300
Old 05-09-2016, 10:16 PM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
AMG Performance exhaust is confirmed for the C43.

See below.

Old 05-09-2016, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLA 250
Originally Posted by inhartwetrust
AMG Performance exhaust is confirmed for the C43.

See below.

Is that any different than the exhaust the c450's currently have? I reckon it means the c43 owners get the option to choose the "loudest" sound by opening valves manually.

Looking at the order manual, the only changes I see done are the 9g, the badging, the slight difference in rear front split. The grill design, standard wheels and equipment basically remain the same.
Old 05-09-2016, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by twickk
Is that any different than the exhaust the c450's currently have? I reckon it means the c43 owners get the option to choose the "loudest" sound by opening valves manually.

Looking at the order manual, the only changes I see done are the 9g, the badging, the slight difference in rear front split. The grill design, standard wheels and equipment basically remain the same.
That's what is yet TBD now at this point. Since my C450 shows up at the end of this month, I hope it's just the option to turn it on or off. If it's a better exhaust (i.e. Louder with more growl), I've got to admit I'll be tempted to refuse delivery and wait on the C43. Otherwise, I'm happy with everything else. If it's just the option to turn it on or off, I don't care much bc I'll always want it on and in Sport+ mode. I don't know enough about the ESP to know if that's worth waiting for or not.
Old 05-09-2016, 10:46 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 C450
That's what is yet TBD now at this point. Since my C450 shows up at the end of this month, I hope it's just the option to turn it on or off. If it's a better exhaust (i.e. Louder with more growl), I've got to admit I'll be tempted to refuse delivery and wait on the C43. Otherwise, I'm happy with everything else.
It gets louder, pops and crackle when the car is in sports+ or individual mode There's no option to turn it on or off. That's only on the C63S, which have the exhaust button right on the center console.
Old 05-09-2016, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by autopal
It gets louder, pops and crackle when the car is in sports+ or individual mode There's no option to turn it on or off. That's only on the C63S, which have the exhaust button right on the center console.
So it's the exact same as the C450 then? But now it's a pay for option?
Old 05-09-2016, 11:39 PM

2016 C450
So it's the exact same as the C450 then? But now it's a pay for option?
That's my guess. If it was any different, it would have been known by now, and it would have been listed on the page of the ordering guide that says "what's new for MY17" I don't know if the exhaust is louder than the C450, that's possible, but I know there will be no dedicated button on the console to open the exhaust valves at will, which is a shame. That option is still only on the 63. It's not on the E43 sedan nor the C43 coupe for sure
Old 05-10-2016, 12:40 AM

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
2019 E63S
whatever it is, looks like I will be upgrading to the AWE tuning exhaust. Not sure how I feel about the ESP however. But the unbundling of all the components seems discouraging as well cuz now it seems MB will want to nickle and dime you for each option as a standalone.
Old 05-10-2016, 05:12 AM

The what's new page lists u78 as available for the c43. U78 is the current code for the selectable exhaust with the interior switch on the c63. Since it is the same option code, I would be surprised if it wasn't the same as the current c63 exhaust option, switch and all...
Old 05-10-2016, 05:53 AM

2016 C450
The what's new page lists u78 as available for the c43. U78 is the current code for the selectable exhaust with the interior switch on the c63. Since it is the same option code, I would be surprised if it wasn't the same as the current c63 exhaust option, switch and all...
I can tell you for sure it's not
Old 05-10-2016, 06:46 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2017 C43 Coupe
Yes, please post. The coupe version has already been posted, but if you have the sedan, please do. Go into advance for posting and towards the bottom click manage attachments to add. Or if you want to stick it on dropbox or your favorite doc sharing site, you can link it (or someone else will attach it). Thanks for posting!
Where is the coupe version of the dealer order guide?
Old 05-10-2016, 06:53 AM

2016 C450
Apparently the performance exhaust that is standard on the C450, is no longer standard, it's now an option that Mercedes will be charging for, but there's no switchable button, the sound is related to the mode selected by the dynamic switch, i.e comfort, sport+ etc. Same thing with the SLC43 and the E43. Only the "real" AMG with the proper V8, and the CLA45 with its puny 2L will have the switchable exhaust button as an option.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:59 AM

2016 C450
Originally Posted by g8rgrl
Where is the coupe version of the dealer order guide?
Here
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
og.pdf (3.64 MB, 208 views)
Old 05-10-2016, 07:28 AM

Apparently the performance exhaust that is standard on the C450, is no longer standard, it's now an option that Mercedes will be charging for, but there's no switchable button, the sound is related to the mode selected by the dynamic switch, i.e comfort, sport+ etc. Same thing with the SLC43 and the E43. Only the "real" AMG with the proper V8, and the CLA45 with its puny 2L will have the switchable exhaust button as an option.
Not trying to doubt you on this, but where are you getting this info from? Just curious because last page you were stating with certainty that the AMG Performance Exhaust wouldn't be an option on the C43 in the US. Would like to know if this is coming from a reliable source or it's just speculation worded in a very certain/factual tone. Thanks!
Old 05-10-2016, 07:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 675 Likes on 532 Posts
c
It looks like a ton of stuff is being added and removed as standard equipment.

I would be surprised if the exhaust was any different. Sounds like you will simply have to pay for it now.

Depending on what you optioned your car with and what you want - you could be getting a better deal with the c43 or the c450. Things like the folding mirrors are not necessary for me, but I'd like to have them. Either way, I'm done waiting - taking delivery of my c450 in the beginning of June - probably some of the last batch on the c450 now.

This is all pretty standard now (equipment changes happening between model years), can't get too caught up on it.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:37 AM

2016 C450
Not trying to doubt you on this, but where are you getting this info from? Just curious because last page you were stating with certainty that the AMG Performance Exhaust wouldn't be an option on the C43 in the US. Would like to know if this is coming from a reliable source or it's just speculation worded in a very certain/factual tone. Thanks!
Inside info from a senior dealer. Off course I don't work with AMG, so take it with a grain of salt, nothing is guaranteed, but I'm not pulling information from my ****
Old 05-10-2016, 07:58 AM

2016 C450
Official brochure for the C43 coupe (pardon me if you guys have seen it already) The sedan should't be much different.
https://www.mercedes-benz.com/en/mer...-4matic-coupe/
Old 05-10-2016, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by alexasa
It looks like a ton of stuff is being added and removed as standard equipment.

I would be surprised if the exhaust was any different. Sounds like you will simply have to pay for it now.

Depending on what you optioned your car with and what you want - you could be getting a better deal with the c43 or the c450. Things like the folding mirrors are not necessary for me, but I'd like to have them. Either way, I'm done waiting - taking delivery of my c450 in the beginning of June - probably some of the last batch on the c450 now.

This is all pretty standard now (equipment changes happening between model years), can't get too caught up on it.
Interesting price review. Based on too many assumptions to be 100% accurate, the new bundling packages seems to be a good value if you want all the options, otherwise you are paying for things you don't want.

The prices of the individual options seem to not have changed between 2016 and 2017. So with these assumptions:

1 - Assuming that the base price of the car is the same (big assumption that probably won't hold true - they took away some standard things, and new model year may have an increase, particularly the C43 being more AMGish)
2- Assuming that the prices of the options for the C43 are the same as the C300 since C43 is all TBD
3 - Since C43 is standard with Package 1, I subtracted package 1 price from the cost of Package 4 to get a lower package 4 price for the C43
4 - Since wood is standard, assuming it is now "free" and including in the cost of the base. Again, without a change in base price, this probably is a little off.
5 - I have no idea what the deal is with the heated seats in the C43. The order guide makes no mention of heated seats being a standalone option on the regular leather or MB-fake-stuff. Only says that heated and vented seats on the fancy stuff.

So, with a new build and these crazy assumptions, my car would increase in price by $925. For that, I would now get the following items that i do not have on mine:

-Intelligent lighting
-Air Balance
-Power Rear Sunshade
-Hands Free
Which as standalone would have been an extra $1850, so a good deal there.

That said, I might have lost heated seats in that exchange, or if like the C300, may have to add another $580 to the price to keep it the same, meaning the $1850 worth of bundled options cost $1270

Either way, seems like they are not raising the prices of options and might be adding some value with the bundle, at the expense of some individual choice. All of course depending upon the price of the actual car itself.

And i might lose heated
Old 05-10-2016, 08:23 AM

2016 C450
Trust me, I understand your scepticism, and I would really hope my information is not correct, because the switchable exhaust would be awesome, so only time will tell
Old 05-10-2016, 09:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C450
Re the AMG performance exhaust, I remember seeing a pic of it on the UK configurator site. It's a true split exhaust all the way from the downpipe to the tips. The stock C450 exhaust gets merged at the cat if I remember correctly.

With this, pretty sure C43 gets same exhaust as C450 stock, but new optional true split exhaust described above. Don't think there is a on/off button or valve, would be by guess.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:06 AM

Inside info from a senior dealer. Off course I don't work with AMG, so take it with a grain of salt, nothing is guaranteed, but I'm not pulling information from my ****
Right on, thanks dude. I'm going to reach out to my dealer as well and see if he has been told anything, he has a lot of close connections at the AMG plant but I don't know what they'll know since this really isn't a true AMG. Never hurts to ask though.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts
2018 GLC63

This pretty much guarantees that the optional C43 exhaust will be different then the standard C450 exhaust.

Equipment numbers can be the same without the equipment being identical (example: both the CLA45 and C450 have the U21 AMG Sport Exhaust and equipmentwise these are not identical); however, within the same class it becomes very unlikely that the equipment is going to differ. I would not be surprised if the C43 will have the same actuator at the rear of the exhaust outlet as the C63/C63S with the U78 optional exhaust. With that said, obviously the V6 vs. V8 output is going to differ but personally I would be pretty excited about this information if I was planning to wait for the C43.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:21 AM

2016 C450
Originally Posted by Vipershade

This pretty much guarantees that the optional C43 exhaust will be different then the standard C450 exhaust.

Equipment numbers can be the same without the equipment being identical (example: both the CLA45 and C450 have the U21 AMG Sport Exhaust and equipmentwise these are not identical); however, within the same class it becomes very unlikely that the equipment is going to differ. I would not be surprised if the C43 will have the same actuator at the rear of the exhaust outlet as the C63/C63S with the U78 optional exhaust. With that said, obviously the V6 vs. V8 output is going to differ but personally I would be pretty excited about this information if I was planning to wait for the C43.
Who knows? You could be correct, as nobody I've spoken to have any idea of the exhaust setup of the C43, or how different or similar it is to the C450. What members here have been querying is if there's a manual button to switch on or off like the C63, and what would the car sound like if the AMG exhaust is optional and you chooses not to get it. I've watched a few videos and read reviews of the SLC43, and it definitely seems like the exhaust pops and crackle is louder than what we have on the C450, even though there's not manual button. I couldn't wait, but I kinda wish I had that 9G, it seems like the double declutching is more ferocious and fun than the 7G
Old 05-10-2016, 09:30 AM

Note is sent to my dealer re: the U78 AMG Performance Exhaust on the C43. If it's different, my next email will unfortunately be to let him know that I won't be taking delivery of my C450 at the end of the month but that I would like to come in and place an early order for the C43 instead.

At this point, since day #1 of me ordering the C450 I've wondered if I should've just waited. If the 9G and some stupid badging were the only differences, I didn't see a reason to wait...but if I can get an improved AMG exhaust, I do are and it will drive me nuts if I don't wait.

The only "downfall" is that I don't see where the Saddle Brown Designo with the white cross-stitching is still available in the C43's? Perhaps I am just missing it.

edit: he responded back "I will ask our AMG liaison and let you know," so I should have pretty decent info to corroborate what autopal is hearing soon.

Last edited by inhartwetrust; 05-10-2016 at 09:48 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AMG-Sport is dead. C450 will now be AMG C43