C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

AMG-Sport is dead. C450 will now be AMG C43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 04:58 PM

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts
2016 C63S
Looks like they added the c43 to the Amg sub section. So now it's c63, c63s, and c43. Should bring a bit more traffic since it's pretty slow over there
Old 05-28-2016, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 153 Likes on 118 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
I'm a little upset that in order to get the active LED you have to get all the expensive safety garbage in premium package 4...and rattle box rear window shade for the c43 sedan..
Old 05-29-2016, 12:50 AM

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
2019 E63S
Originally Posted by bgm130
Looks like they added the c43 to the Amg sub section. So now it's c63, c63s, and c43. Should bring a bit more traffic since it's pretty slow over there
Yeah I saw that esrlier today as well. Funny how the back of the sedans still reads C450 but the badging of the grill and fenders have been updated
Old 05-29-2016, 11:28 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2017 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by bgm130
Shouldn't the administrators or moderators move this thread over there then?

https://mbworld.org/forums/c43-amg-c...-amg-w205-187/
Old 05-30-2016, 10:33 PM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
I've gotta admit, Brilliant Blue with Night Package is really starting to grow on me. It's really a stunning, eye catching color...but I do fear I would grow tired of it eventually.

Old 05-30-2016, 10:40 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2013 BMW 328i
Originally Posted by inhartwetrust
I've gotta admit, Brilliant Blue with Night Package is really starting to grow on me. It's really a stunning, eye catching color...but I do fear I would grow tired of it eventually.

as a guy who went with an estoril blue 3 series, and is going white c43 coupe... i can say that i did get tired of estoril blue after 2-3 years....
Old 05-30-2016, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 474 Posts
2016 C300
Love that color. The blue we got was too navy, looked not quite black. That's the real deal. BMW has a blue very close to that... Gorgeous with Saddle Brown Nappa and the dark CF.

Is that the new favorite color of the month ?
Old 05-30-2016, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mike5215
Love that color. The blue we got was too navy, looked not quite black. That's the real deal. BMW has a blue very close to that... Gorgeous with Saddle Brown Nappa and the dark CF.

Is that the new favorite color of the month ?
lol Selenite Grey is still the play for me, but August/September when my order window would likely close is still pretty far away, so who knows what will happen between now and then
Old 05-30-2016, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
lol Selenite Grey is still the play for me, but August/September when my order window would likely close is still pretty far away, so who knows what will happen between now and then
Ha! I know what will happen between now and then. When does the window open?
Old 05-30-2016, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mike5215
Ha! I know what will happen between now and then. When does the window open?
Supposed to be August, at least that is what my dealer was told when I was going through the whole cancellation of the C450. I'll most likely always be a bit too trigger shy to to go with the blue though, I've always tended to gravitate to the conservative exterior colors (white, grey, black)...although my first car was a blue Grand Cherokee that I loved.
Old 05-30-2016, 11:08 PM

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
2019 E63S

looks like the blue that is voted to be the most likely color for a car driven by an a$$hole lol

don't get me wrong though, it's a really nice color, but like you said, the feeling won't last long. It is a color that you will like less the more you mature. But really, seriously, 90% of the people I see in an Estoril blue BMW or a blue Lexus IS or RC are always trying to race to nowhere and just drive like an a$$ for no apparent reason.

Last edited by tmoneyC450amg; 05-30-2016 at 11:13 PM.
Old 05-30-2016, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by tmoneyC450amg
looks like the blue that is voted to be the most likely color for a car driven by an a$$hole lol
Lmao, well depending on the day it could be a perfect fit then.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:39 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2013 BMW 328i

don't get me wrong though, it's a really nice color, but like you said, the feeling won't last long. It is a color that you will like less the more you mature. But really, seriously, 90% of the people I see in an Estoril blue BMW or a blue Lexus IS or RC are always trying to race to nowhere and just drive like an a$$ for no apparent reason.
I absolutely admit I have my driving like an *** momemts. That said I've gotten a white car every other car I've had and my original white drive like an *** car was a white Infiniti g35.

I don't think the color has a huge amount to do with how you drive. Though I guess I've never seen anyone in an estoril blue car drive slow.

I think.brilliant blue for what it's worth looks like youd tire of it less easily. Maybe it's the purple in estoril but it eventually looks kinda weird. And for the other guy who said something about a great bmw blue.... I'm guessing it was San Marino which is pretty similar to brilliant blue
Old 05-31-2016, 01:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
2014 BMW M235i

Watch yourself... (even though this is probably completely true LOL), that being said I would trade my M235i for my Brilliant Blue C43 coupe in a heart beat. I'm glad Mercedes seems to be offering more striking colors in recent years, I know certain colors have always been a premium option but the majority of the Mercedes I see around here are in the traditional silvers, black, gray, etc. I am a younger guy without a family of my own yet, hence also why I bought a coupe instead of a sedan, so you could be very right in saying it is an age thing.

I have to disagree though in that while I enjoyed black a lot, it was so hard to maintain perfect paint that I have a new respect for Estoril Blue - for better or for worse, the car also gets a lot of attention because of the color - yet I just like how it stands out, feels a little more "special" next to a lot of the silver and dark grays on the road. Plus, now that it's been fully paint corrected, having a metallic blue really catches the sunlight and shows off the lines of the car moreso than other colors I feel.

I think ultimately you should just choose whatever color you like best for a vehicle, because if you like how the car looks overall, it makes enhances that "wow" feeling every time you park your car and look back at it walking away and think "that's my car."

Last edited by AMGAffalterbach; 05-31-2016 at 02:04 AM.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi S5
Colors are subjective (ofcourse). Suggest - if you haven't - look at the blue on the C300 - which I saw on a lot the other day. Yes - it was a dreary day and it had 18' standard rims which are not great - but the blue looked much darker than all the pictures I've seen. You be the judge.

On a second note - since I'm not a fan of the rear lip spoiler on the C43 which only comes in gloss black with the side view mirrors - or the carbon fiber option ($$$) - for me car color choice plays a role. Any way around this??
Old 05-31-2016, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by infinitiS5
Colors are subjective (ofcourse). Suggest - if you haven't - look at the blue on the C300 - which I saw on a lot the other day. Yes - it was a dreary day and it had 18' standard rims which are not great - but the blue looked much darker than all the pictures I've seen. You be the judge.

On a second note - since I'm not a fan of the rear lip spoiler on the C43 which only comes in gloss black with the side view mirrors - or the carbon fiber option ($$$) - for me car color choice plays a role. Any way around this??
I checked yesterday, there is a C300 Coupe in Brilliant Blue at my dealership, unfortunately it also has ****ty rims, no Night Package, and no AMG bodykit. But, I do plan to go look at it eventually to see if I like it in person or not. It does have the Saddle Brown interior though, so that's a plug to see the combination in person...although it also has the Brown Ash Wood which looks terrible in the pics combined with Blue and Saddle Brown.

I've actually never seen Selenite Grey in person either to be honest, but it's a pretty risk free option. Basic grey.

I was unaware the rear spoiler only came in black? Every pic I have seen has either been in the base paint color or carbon fiber?
Old 05-31-2016, 10:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C450
Hello everyone, I have a question, is there any confirmation about sedan model getting 9G tronic? Because I see that they made the uptade about 450 models (changed to 43) and it still written on the AMG website and mercedes-benz FR website that is it a 7G Tronic transmission.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:57 AM

After having slept on it, I've gotta say I am betting with Mike that I end up changing to the Blue before all is said and done...

That said, before all is said and done I will probably also change to black, white, grey too...so it really means nothing at this point.

Originally Posted by kudil
Hello everyone, I have a question, is there any confirmation about sedan model getting 9G tronic? Because I see that they made the uptade about 450 models (changed to 43) and it still written on the AMG website and mercedes-benz FR website that is it a 7G Tronic transmission.
There has been plenty of official confirmation, the best source being the Dealer Order Guides directly from MB/AMG.
The following users liked this post:
kudil (06-02-2016)
Old 05-31-2016, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
I've found I'm happiest with a color or trim when I see it for the first time and think "hey that looks really cool, but I'm not the kind of guy who drives a car that looks like that." Have to ask yourself why not.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 681 Likes on 536 Posts
c
I think dakota brown is the only color that might be too controversial for some folk.

I'd rock it though.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
Yeah. It would be hard to get bored with that interior.
Old 05-31-2016, 01:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 Mercedes C43
Originally Posted by kudil
The Dealer Order Guide for the MY2017 C43 AMG sedan indicates the 9G tronic transmission.
Attached Thumbnails AMG-Sport is dead. C450 will now be AMG C43-9g.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
kudil (06-02-2016)
Old 05-31-2016, 01:17 PM

Swung by the dealership at lunch today, few observations:

1) Brilliant Blue is darker/deeper than online photos appear, especially considering the Coupe I was looking at was up near the front of the dealership building and out of the direct sunlight. The color looked good, I wouldn't call it outstanding though -- it seems like a color that I would go from initially disliking to being impartial on, then would grow to liking, and eventually would move to loving over time -- kind of like I do with catchy songs on the radio, flashy patterned blazers/sports coats/etc. I didn't love it at first sight like I thought I would...but it was on the boring C300 Coupe with crap wheels and no AMG bodykit, which didn't help.
2) Brilliant Blue looks great with Saddle Brown interior, but this combination looks like absolute **** with the Brown Ash trim IMO (just as it does in pictures). I would actually be embarrassed to have people get into my car if I had this color combination.
3) The ********* on the rear bumper of the C Coupes in the US don't look nearly as bad in person as they have in photos, I actually didn't mind/notice them at all.
4) Steel Grey is still probably the best color IMO, shame it's gone from the MY 17 C-Classes, but there wasn't a Selenite Grey car nearby for me to compare in person so I may prefer it once I see it.

All in all, the exterior color is still up for debate. I'll go back a few times to see the Brilliant Blue in different light and see if it grows on me each time I see it.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 C300 w205

1) Brilliant Blue is darker/deeper than online photos appear, especially considering the Coupe I was looking at was up near the front of the dealership building and out of the direct sunlight. The color looked good, I wouldn't call it outstanding though -- it seems like a color that I would go from initially disliking to being impartial on, then would grow to liking, and eventually would move to loving over time -- kind of like I do with catchy songs on the radio, flashy patterned blazers/sports coats/etc. I didn't love it at first sight like I thought I would...but it was on the boring C300 Coupe with crap wheels and no AMG bodykit, which didn't help.
2) Brilliant Blue looks great with Saddle Brown interior, but this combination looks like absolute **** with the Brown Ash trim IMO (just as it does in pictures). I would actually be embarrassed to have people get into my car if I had this color combination.
3) The ********* on the rear bumper of the C Coupes in the US don't look nearly as bad in person as they have in photos, I actually didn't mind/notice them at all.
4) Steel Grey is still probably the best color IMO, shame it's gone from the MY 17 C-Classes, but there wasn't a Selenite Grey car nearby for me to compare in person so I may prefer it once I see it.

All in all, the exterior color is still up for debate. I'll go back a few times to see the Brilliant Blue in different light and see if it grows on me each time I see it.
Old 05-31-2016, 07:05 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2017 C43 Coupe

"*********"!

Here's a visual comparison of Steel Grey and Selenite Grey; selenite is much lighter. I agree Steel would have been great for the C coupe: http://www.benzblogger.com/2015/08/f...nz-paints.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AMG-Sport is dead. C450 will now be AMG C43