C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

2015 C200 - which Option Packages?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 06:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mazda 3
Question 2015 C200 - which Option Packages?

Hi guys,

Currently in a Mazda 3 but it's time to step up to a Mercedes. I use my car for work and I do a lot of driving so it makes sense. I test drove a C250 Diesel (2013 model) and it was very rough. I also drove a 2015 C250 BlueTEC and it was nice but I found that in comfort mode it was laggy, but in Sports mode it was revving way too high. It also had a really annoying noise - not sure what this was?

Anyway, I drove a 2015 C200 and it was perfect - quiet, smooth, but also had enough power when required. I'll be going down this path but I'm currently trying to figure out what options I need. I was wondering if I can get your thoughts on the following:

1) Vision Package (panoramic sunroof, LED intelligent lights, HUDisplay) - it seems everyone gets this package. But I don't need the intelligent lights or the HUD. I've never had a sunroof before though. Is it useful? I'd imagine it might be loud when it's open and I may not end up using it anyway. Thoughts? Should this be on my list of 'must have' options?
2) COMAND Package (larger display, Burmester surround sound system). The larger display doesn't bother me, but it would be nice to have good sound. What is the standard sound system like, and is the Burmester that much better? I don't really listen to loud music but I like it to be reasonably clear.
3) The brochure I got is showing DISTRONIC Plus as standard equipment on the C250 + up, but not the C200. It's not showing it as an optional extra for the C200 - but I'm pretty sure the C200 I drove had DISTRONIC Plus. Can anyone clarify whether it's standard or an extra? (Australian model)
4) AMG Line: I'll definitely be getting this as I think it looks great. There were no AMG models in store for me to test drive though. Just wondering if the AMG sports suspension makes much difference to the drive? Also, does the AMG Line make any difference to the layout and sound of the exhaust?

Any tips/opinions would be appreciated from anyone who has these extras

Cheers
Old 01-24-2016, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
Originally Posted by jmillar82
Hi guys,

Currently in a Mazda 3 but it's time to step up to a Mercedes. I use my car for work and I do a lot of driving so it makes sense. I test drove a C250 Diesel (2013 model) and it was very rough. I also drove a 2015 C250 BlueTEC and it was nice but I found that in comfort mode it was laggy, but in Sports mode it was revving way too high. It also had a really annoying noise - not sure what this was?

Anyway, I drove a 2015 C200 and it was perfect - quiet, smooth, but also had enough power when required. I'll be going down this path but I'm currently trying to figure out what options I need. I was wondering if I can get your thoughts on the following:

1) Vision Package (panoramic sunroof, LED intelligent lights, HUDisplay) - it seems everyone gets this package. But I don't need the intelligent lights or the HUD. I've never had a sunroof before though. Is it useful? I'd imagine it might be loud when it's open and I may not end up using it anyway. Thoughts? Should this be on my list of 'must have' options?
2) COMAND Package (larger display, Burmester surround sound system). The larger display doesn't bother me, but it would be nice to have good sound. What is the standard sound system like, and is the Burmester that much better? I don't really listen to loud music but I like it to be reasonably clear.
3) The brochure I got is showing DISTRONIC Plus as standard equipment on the C250 + up, but not the C200. It's not showing it as an optional extra for the C200 - but I'm pretty sure the C200 I drove had DISTRONIC Plus. Can anyone clarify whether it's standard or an extra? (Australian model)
4) AMG Line: I'll definitely be getting this as I think it looks great. There were no AMG models in store for me to test drive though. Just wondering if the AMG sports suspension makes much difference to the drive? Also, does the AMG Line make any difference to the layout and sound of the exhaust?

Any tips/opinions would be appreciated from anyone who has these extras

Cheers
Don't dismiss the led / ils lights. They are by far one of the best options on this car.
Old 01-24-2016, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
I would highly recommend Comand, especially if it includes the Burmester system where you are. As to the other options, I tell people to get the things they would regret not getting if they didnt' get them. You can't add options after the car is built without extravagant expense, even if at all possible.
Old 01-26-2016, 02:23 AM

Mazda 3
Originally Posted by ManiacGT
Don't dismiss the led / ils lights. They are by far one of the best options on this car.
Hi ManiacGT - I've never had any problems with driving at night with my standard lights on cheap cars, so I would think the standard lights on the C200 will be more than fine for me. I don't do any country driving etc.

Originally Posted by rbrylaw
I would highly recommend Comand, especially if it includes the Burmester system where you are. As to the other options, I tell people to get the things they would regret not getting if they didnt' get them. You can't add options after the car is built without extravagant expense, even if at all possible.
Thanks rbrylaw.

Have you ever had a sunroof? i'm not sure if I'd ever use it...

I'm buying pre-owned (around 1 yr old) so I won't be able to dictate exactly what options I want. I guess if I find a car that's perfect but doesn't have the COMAND system, I could just pay to upgrade the sound system. The COMAND package is usually around $3k extra I believe - I could probably get a great sound system for $500 or so...
Old 01-26-2016, 03:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
Hi ManiacGT - I've never had any problems with driving at night with my standard lights on cheap cars, so I would think the standard lights on the C200 will be more than fine for me. I don't do any country driving etc.

Thanks rbrylaw.

I'm buying pre-owned (around 1 yr old) so I won't be able to dictate exactly what options I want. I guess if I find a car that's perfect but doesn't have the COMAND system, I could just pay to upgrade the sound system. The COMAND package is usually around $3k extra I believe - I could probably get a great sound system for $500 or so...
$500?!
Old 01-26-2016, 05:29 AM

Mazda 3
Originally Posted by ManiacGT
$500?!
Hmmm... maybe not then? Haha when I got my first car I think I spent about $700 on an audio system which was far too good (12" sub etc). I don't need anything like that now - I only listen at low volumes - I just want something clear
Old 01-27-2016, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic

Thanks rbrylaw.

Yes, all my cars have had a Sunroof. I don't use it a lot, but when the weather is perfect, it's really really nice to have. And with the Panorama Sunroof, even with the roof closed you can look up (not while driving of course) and it let's in more light which is a nice thing. Of course it's your choice, but I personally wouldn't have a car without it.
Old 01-27-2016, 08:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 C180 / 96 Nissan Skyline R33
Panoramic roof looks cool but if you are living in a hot climate maybe you can neglect it. My father has a w222 with sunroof. Although the car has privacy and thermal insulated glasses, it makes the interior hotter. But then again it depends on climate and your choice. For the ILS, I think they are simply great and completes the look of the car and make it look more upscale. And the burmester, I regret it everyday that I didn't get it, but I was tight on budget so it was one of the first things to give up on. By the way, Burmester system gets its full performance with COMAND unit which has the dolby surround. Audio20 unit is not capable to deliver the same performance.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts
2013 C250 Sport
I have an Audio20 in the loaner I'm driving now and I won't even turn the audio on. I'd rather just listen to the car than that.

It's sad ILS and premium audio are options on Mercedes cars when cheaper cars come standard with this stuff.

It kind of tarnishes the Mercede's image as a high end brand with all the halogen headlights out there.