C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Barely a month old.. got hit from behind :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti G35
Barely a month old.. got hit from behind :(

Well, after 4 long months on waiting patiently for my C200 to be assembled, shipped and delivered, I barely got a month and half to enjoy it before some knuckle-dragging mouth-breather drives into me from behind

The story: I was driving on the highway when all of a sudden an X5 brutally changes lanes almost hitting the Picanto in front of me. The Picanto panics and hits the brakes and so do I (I think the collision assist kicked in as well), danger averted. But the genius that was tailgating me and probably on his phone doesn't deem it necessary to apply his foot to the brakes and rams into my car.

The result is the pic attached, I think I lost the exhaust guard and have some small dents in the trunk as well as a puncture in the bumper.. but his car was all but totaled! His hood was almost compressed in half, oil leaking all over the place, smoke coming out.

How good is Mercedes for fixing this type of damage? It's so frustrating.. I had my G35 for 8 years and not a scratch now bam! Sucks hard Sorry for the long rant..

Old 02-18-2016, 12:02 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Sorry brother - it's a pain to be at the mercy of others... Do a lot of research to find the best possible body shop that your Benz dealer recommends... It looks like you may be able to avoid having any body fill, since the bumper is plastic. I would demand a new trunk lid if I were you!
Old 02-18-2016, 03:43 PM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
EQC 4matic AMG line Premium Plus replacing S213 220d 4matic with airmatic
Sympathy it is rotten luck. A good bodyshop will be able to restore your car to new I know from experience. Modern cars are well designed for repair. Here in europe mercedes approve bodyshops assume it is the same in the states if so I would use one of them.

You will be surprised how good the repair will be and once done you can put the horrible episode behind you.
Old 02-18-2016, 10:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 BMW 3-Series
That really sucks. Sorry to hear that. However, at least you are okay (right?) - As you said, "danger averted!"

Really, safety first - at least you weren't seriously hurt!

Again, sorry to hear that...
Old 02-19-2016, 01:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 C63S
The damage might be more extensive than you can see... If he hit you hard enough to mess his car up your shocks might need replacing as well (some structural shock absorbents behind the bumpers) and those might turn out to be a little more expensive.

Good thing he's paying.

In the US it's usually recommended to also get a lawyer and try to recover some of your value loss, since now your car has an accident in its history...
Old 02-19-2016, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti G35
Thanks for the support brothers! I'm ok so was the other driver, although his car was totaled (Camry). It could have been a lot worse had the collision assist not kicked in in the nick of time!

My insurance covers agency repair, so the local Mercedes agent in Dubai will be handling it I'm guessing. Car is running fine, no issues except the parking sensors go haywire when I'm backing up so I have to turn them off.
Old 02-19-2016, 01:10 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 c450
Most insurers also cover depreciation damage, either on a first or third party basis: you are entitled to it, as well as LOSS OF USE DAMAGES.