C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

People who didnt get the MM package, has anyone tried this?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 09:52 AM

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
c300
Originally Posted by Seranex
Planning to do the same in my S205, but any idea what the mini-amp does that get supplied with the unit? (small metal box).

How about the installation? Did you experience any problems with the tucking away the wiring behind the unit? Had some other cars where I changed the headunit, but the additional wiring made me cut some plastic . Don't want to cut anything really xD

Thanks for the info!
No. There's plenty of space behind the unit. In fact, there's enough space for me to tuck additional wires plus two small boxes (TV and mirracast). So no need to worry about it
The following users liked this post:
Seranex (06-21-2016)
Old 06-21-2016, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C180D 2016
Originally Posted by huyuci
No. There's plenty of space behind the unit. In fact, there's enough space for me to tuck additional wires plus two small boxes (TV and mirracast). So no need to worry about it
Sweet, i saw the metal mini amp, and extra wiring, reminded me of another HU wiring in another car. Instantly gave me a "HERE WE GO AGAIN"-feeling.

The seller was saying the mini amp is for the GPS o.O... owkay.

Will order it soon

I'm quite interested in the miracast as well, was this plug and play? which one did u get? Thanks

Last edited by Seranex; 06-22-2016 at 07:46 AM.
Old 06-23-2016, 05:02 PM

c300
Sweet, i saw the metal mini amp, and extra wiring, reminded me of another HU wiring in another car. Instantly gave me a "HERE WE GO AGAIN"-feeling.

The seller was saying the mini amp is for the GPS o.O... owkay.

Will order it soon

I'm quite interested in the miracast as well, was this plug and play? which one did u get? Thanks
I'm afraid that you can't just buy the miracast and plug it in. The OEM LCD/head unit does not have input for that. So, you either have to buy something like mine or a video adapter/box in order to connect to miracast.
Old 06-23-2016, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C180D 2016
Originally Posted by huyuci
I'm afraid that you can't just buy the miracast and plug it in. The OEM LCD/head unit does not have input for that. So, you either have to buy something like mine or a video adapter/box in order to connect to miracast.
Yup going to get same as yours, so was wondering
Old 06-23-2016, 06:31 PM

c300
Yup going to get same as yours, so was wondering
Cool. In that case, yeah, it's pretty much plug and play. One note though, because the connection is not hdmi, the resolution is not that great.
Old 09-17-2016, 10:05 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2015 C300 Sport
Debating

I'm between this 8 inch upgrade and the 10.25 inch (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...-upgrades.html).

Comparison:

8 incher:
Touchscreen
840x480 resolution (a slight bump from stock resolution, which I believe is 800x480)
$496 (cheapest I could find, please post if you see it cheaper anywhere)
__________________________________________________ ___________
10.25 incher:
Touchscreen
Same res as stock (but lower than the 8 inch) 800x480 (as far as im aware it maintains stock resolution for the 7 inch side of the screen, and adds on side screen)
$590

I really like the larger screen area but the 8 inch might ironically win out because its too small to incorporate a smaller side screen. Sorry, but the side screen on the 10.25 unit is just fugly, looks out of place, and cheap. If there was a way to hide it I might consider getting it, but then you'd either have a large part of the screen that was just black or have the original screen stretched which wouldnt look right (not even sure this could be done, considering the control/head unit puts out the resolution for the screen).

What I don't get is the 840x480 for the 8 inch. If stock is 800x480, is that not the only option available for its resolution output? Or is the head unit capable of putting out other resolutions as it seems here?

Both screens have the option of "original" which shows stock menus, etc, ad have their own navi's. I plan on installing a wifi/miracast dongle to get google maps on my android phone, as its far superior looking IMO.

That being said, a few questions:

1. If you guys who have bought the screen could show us what Google Maps looks like, it would be appreciated.

2. IS there in fact a way to hide the side screen on the 10.25 inch?

3. Are there any wifi dongles which are better than others? Also are wifi dongles and miracast dongles the same thing?

4. Im also thinking of installing a DTV tuner, and while researching came across this (http://www.firebird-systems.com/grap...dmt9.4.m.shtml). See the quote below for why this one claims to be superior to other DTV receivers....

"The DMT9.4 is not a simple terrestrial receiver. It has a powerful Doppler Effect* (See explanation below) correcting feature to prevent lose of TV signal in moving cars. This problem is typical to many car TV tuners. Consequently these "regular" terrestrial tuners can be used only when the car is stopped. On the other hand: the DMT9.4 deliver excellent digital pictures while the car is moving. The correction mechanism is effective in car speed of up to 250 km/h (155 mph, about 135 Knots).

Why this tuner? Not every 12V low priced tuner is a real "Car TV Tuner": Most of them have a "regular" ATSC tuner and will work only while the car is stopped. There will be no reception as the car starts moving again because the tuner is not ATSC-M/H compliant."

Truth or BS?
Old 10-15-2016, 12:58 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2015 C300 Sport
well this thread really died. surely someone else is wondering the same stuff
Old 10-15-2016, 01:08 PM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
2014 C300
Originally Posted by ItchyTasty
well this thread really died. surely someone else is wondering the same stuff
You should be the pioneer! Just try it out and report back to the thread. You've got a car without MM so you literally have nothing to lose by trying.
Old 10-16-2016, 12:11 AM

c300
Originally Posted by DapperStyle
You should be the pioneer! Just try it out and report back to the thread. You've got a car without MM so you literally have nothing to lose by trying.
He doesn't want to lose $500