C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Clear bra'ing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 10:31 AM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
Clear bra'ing

I'm putting together a schedule for myself of things to take care of upon delivery (late May for me), and getting a clear bra thrown on my car is one of them.

I'm wondering who has done what for their C205 - what brand, where did you get it done, whats the warranty, how much did it cost, how is it working, etc?

Thanks gents!
Old 04-01-2016, 01:32 PM

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
2020 GLC43

3M Pro and Xpel Ultimate are what our local 2 best shops offers.

As for who in your area is best, you may have to roam local car forums. In my town, there are may be 3 to 4 guys that are good, the rest are just ok.

I would do 3M Pro, the self healing is awesome.

Last edited by Xtrema; 04-01-2016 at 01:52 PM.
Old 04-01-2016, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Xtrema
A Comparison of New 3M Scotchgard Pro Series, XPEL Ultimate PPF & SunTek PPF - YouTube

3M Pro and Xpel Ultimate are what our local 2 best shops offers.

As for who in your area is best, you may have to roam local car forums. In my town, there are may be 3 to 4 guys that are good, the rest are just ok.

I would do 3M Pro, the self healing is awesome.
Thanks, X. Will look into these two, do local research, and line up some quotes. Appreciate it.

What's the standard? Half hood or full? And the front fenders and mirrors?
Old 04-01-2016, 08:21 PM

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
2020 GLC43
Originally Posted by inhartwetrust
Mirrors and front bumper for sure.

I do half hood and fender for lease. full on cars I own.

It really depends on how **** you are seeing that line and it will show up about 2-3 years in. Regardless of type and how well you maintain them, you'll start to see the difference as it ages.
Old 04-04-2016, 12:26 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
We love all makes and models.
Thanks, X. Will look into these two, do local research, and line up some quotes. Appreciate it.

I'm putting together a schedule for myself of things to take care of upon delivery (late May for me), and getting a clear bra thrown on my car is one of them.

I'm wondering who has done what for their C205 - what brand, where did you get it done, whats the warranty, how much did it cost, how is it working, etc?

Thanks gents!
Where are you located? Click here for a list of local installers: XPEL LOCATOR

We'd recommend with starting at least the full front end. Covering the entire hood, front bumper, fenders, mirrors, headlights.

Pricing is going to vary depending on where you live and the demand for clear bra…

For a partial front end. This includes 18-24” up the hood and fenders, front bumper, mirrors and (sometimes)headlights. This ranges from $795 - $1,000.*
Clear bra'ing-partial-.jpg

For a full front it can range from $1,795 - $2,100. This includes the entire hood and front fenders, front bumper, mirrors and (sometimes)headlights.
Clear bra'ing-full-front.jpg

For the full car it can range from $5,000 - $8,000. This includes every painted surface on the car possible.
Clear bra'ing-whole-car.jpg

Last edited by XPEL; 04-04-2016 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C400
I did the full hood, front fenders, front bumper, headlights, mirrors, rear splash area, inside the door handles, and the back bumper at the trunk. I also had them do the rear doorwheel area for my dogs' nails. My guys used Suntek, XPEL was more $$$. I'm very happy with it, absolutely zero peeling/fading/cloudiness, etc. You can't even see it on the full panels and hardly noticeable on the partial pieces. Cost me about $2500 in So Cal.
Old 04-04-2016, 09:11 PM

Received 179 Likes on 115 Posts
C450, GLS 63 and a few other things
Originally Posted by Stupidnewbie
I did the full hood, front fenders, front bumper, headlights, mirrors, rear splash area, inside the door handles, and the back bumper at the trunk. I also had them do the rear doorwheel area for my dogs' nails. My guys used Suntek, XPEL was more $$$. I'm very happy with it, absolutely zero peeling/fading/cloudiness, etc. You can't even see it on the full panels and hardly noticeable on the partial pieces. Cost me about $2500 in So Cal.
My installer does both Suntek and Xpel. Xpel has a longer warranty, but tends to be more $$ in part because it is harder to put on. My installer prefers the Suntek on dark color cars, it seems to have more clarity (and is a bit thinner, which leads to the shorter warranty but easier install situations). On my black non-MB car I went with Suntek and have been pleased.

That said, the installer is the most important part of the equation and you won't go wrong with Xpel, Suntek, or the 3M Pro done by a good installer.
Old 04-04-2016, 10:20 PM

Thanks fellas, think I'm going to go with the full front...still undecided on what brand, and need to do more research on what my best options are for local install.

I plan to trade it in after 3 years (I'm buying it but don't plan to own it any longer than 3 years, barring a serious love for it), so I'll use that as my basis for deciding whether or not I go through with it or not. $2K for a car I'll only own 3 years makes it a 50/50 decision for me, I may rather use that money for an ECU tune or something that will yield greater fun for me.