C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

c450 ipod/iphone connectivity ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c450
Question c450 ipod/iphone connectivity ?

Hi everyone,

I recently ordered a c450 to be delivered this summer and have a question which the dealer convincingly answered, but I wanted confirmation from someone else if possible.

Please note I did NOT opt for the Premium Package (had no real need for navigation system nor the upgraded audio system and other add-ons for the price). Can someone tell if I will still be able to connect an iphone/ipod into the USB connector of the center console/armrest, and stream the music via the USB? I also want to know if I will be able to control the music from the car and not have to change tracks on the ipod itself. If not, can I have the same result by streaming via bluetooth, and control the songs via the car? Not sure if this changes anything, but we are talking about a Canadian c450.

I know this seems like a minute detail, but its actually really important to me that I be able to play my iphone music while stuck in traffic. I'm really hoping that the lack of Premium Package doesn't affect this.

Can anyone out there help me shed some light on this?

Many thanks in advance!
Old 04-27-2016, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 474 Posts
2016 C300
BT audio for sure. You'll get a display of the current track and artist/title on the screen and you can skip tracks forward and back via the knob, the touchpad or the steering wheel controls.

If you want full control (search by artist, album, song, genre, playlist) you have to be jacked into the #1 USB port in the console. 99% sure you'll have that in the Audio 20 system.

Consider a drop in mount as well do you can access the device if you need to and it's always charging:

c450 ipod/iphone connectivity ?-photo331.jpg

c450 ipod/iphone connectivity ?-photo695.jpg

And of course no Audio 20 post would be complete without my recommendation for the EQu app by Elephant Candy to get vastly improved sound out of the stock system.
Old 04-27-2016, 02:58 PM

c450
Awesome, many thanks for your reply. I'm curious as to what option that mount is? Is it officially offered from MB? Where exactly is that USB going?

Could I use the USB in the center armrest? If it will be controllable via touch screen I would leave it stashed away in the armrest and that would it. nonetheless your mount is quite interesting.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:02 PM

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
W205 C200 AMG Line Premium
UK spec with Audio 20 has two USB sockets in the armrest, you can use either. It fully controls my ipod classic 160gb but every now and then the alphabetical search fails for no apparent reason, perhaps it struggles with my 25,000 songs.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 474 Posts
2016 C300
Originally Posted by benziefan
Awesome, many thanks for your reply. I'm curious as to what option that mount is? Is it officially offered from MB? Where exactly is that USB going?

Could I use the USB in the center armrest? If it will be controllable via touch screen I would leave it stashed away in the armrest and that would it. nonetheless your mount is quite interesting.
Sorry for the confusion. That USB in the shot goes to the Audison Prima amp in the trunk, which is tuned using a Windows laptop. It normally lives out of sight tucked away but I was still tuning the audio system when that pic was taken.

The cable for the phone comes off the bottom of the mount, is taped against the inside edge of the mount, and then is tucked up under the console, winds around back to the rear of the console (with an extension) and enters the console via the gap on the driver's side of the cover lid.

The mount is available from www.proclipusa.com. You'll need the vehicle specific mount (snaps in, no tools) and the IPhone cradle. I prefer the cradle with the integrated Lightning plug. I can drop the phone in one handed. Not cheap though. A little over $100 for both bits.

Last edited by Mike5215; 04-27-2016 at 03:19 PM.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:39 PM

c450
Originally Posted by Mike5215
Sorry for the confusion. That USB in the shot goes to the Audison Prima amp in the trunk, which is tuned using a Windows laptop. It normally lives out of sight tucked away but I was still tuning the audio system when that pic was taken.

The cable for the phone comes off the bottom of the mount, is taped against the inside edge of the mount, and then is tucked up under the console, winds around back to the rear of the console (with an extension) and enters the console via the gap on the driver's side of the cover lid.

The mount is available from www.proclipusa.com. You'll need the vehicle specific mount (snaps in, no tools) and the IPhone cradle. I prefer the cradle with the integrated Lightning plug. I can drop the phone in one handed. Not cheap though. A little over $100 for both bits.

Ahh I get it now. That's actually pretty neat. Thanks for the link, I'll definitely look into this. Never heard of EQu, will look it up.

Thanks again.