C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

General consensus on current C300 W205 tunes?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2021, 06:10 AM

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts
2019 CLS450 (C257)
Originally Posted by pussgalore
I got PP-Performance tune on my C250 but don't notice any improvement or difference whatsoever. Shift points in Comfort and Sport+ remain unchanged (haven't driven in any other modes). In Sport+ mode, rpm is still stuck between 3000 and 4000 where speed limit is 60kph and the whining noise from the engine annoys me, so I have to use the paddle shifter to downshift.
Mechanic who installed this tune spent roughly 20 mins, but is there a possibility that the tune hasn't properly been installed?
20 mins?! wow... that's pretty much a standard stage map which he flashed into your ecu.
In terms of shift point improvements in the various modes, that requires a transmission tune.
Old 04-30-2021, 05:50 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
na
Originally Posted by dagger22
20 mins?! wow... that's pretty much a standard stage map which he flashed into your ecu.
In terms of shift point improvements in the various modes, that requires a transmission tune.
It's not a dyno tune. They extract your stock software from OBDII port, send it to Germany, and the next day the tuned software is returned and then flashed into your ecu. I also considered DMS tune and the process was the same but their asking price was $700 more for the same HP gain.
Is there DSG/TCU tuning available for C-Class? I had hoped that ecu remap would also change shift points... I really hate that RPM gets stuck in sport+ in traffic and makes loud whining engine noise.
Anyway, I did some googling and read that it could take 100 miles of driving to feel the ecu tune's full effects, but I'm not hopeful.

Old 04-30-2021, 11:10 PM

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts
2019 CLS450 (C257)
It's not a dyno tune. They extract your stock software from OBDII port, send it to Germany, and the next day the tuned software is returned and then flashed into your ecu. I also considered DMS tune and the process was the same but their asking price was $700 more for the same HP gain.
Is there DSG/TCU tuning available for C-Class? I had hoped that ecu remap would also change shift points... I really hate that RPM gets stuck in sport+ in traffic and makes loud whining engine noise.
Anyway, I did some googling and read that it could take 100 miles of driving to feel the ecu tune's full effects, but I'm not hopeful.
Yes, there are TCU tunes available so will be good to check around (am not based in US, so i do not have the specific info). The thing with using sport+ is always the tendency that it holds the rpm rather than shifting earlier like Comfort and Sports mode, it's programmed this way so you have more control of the revs.

so the more custom tunes would naturally cost more, as the tuner will collect logs and fine tune the maps (but not sure how many iterations they may take or limit). @Tyler Hall might be able to give some insights as well, as he is going though the tune process with AMR at the moment.
Old 05-01-2021, 12:30 AM

na
Originally Posted by dagger22
Yes, there are TCU tunes available so will be good to check around (am not based in US, so i do not have the specific info). The thing with using sport+ is always the tendency that it holds the rpm rather than shifting earlier like Comfort and Sports mode, it's programmed this way so you have more control of the revs.

so the more custom tunes would naturally cost more, as the tuner will collect logs and fine tune the maps (but not sure how many iterations they may take or limit). @Tyler Hall might be able to give some insights as well, as he is going though the tune process with AMR at the moment.
I'm in Australia and don't know if there is any reputable custom tuner, so just went ahead with PP-Performance. I don't think I will spend any more $$ for TCU tunes though. I miss the US where one can get a C63 for the price of Aussie C300
Today I did 56km driving around the city in Eco, Comfort and Sport+ and noticed that the car pulls much faster in Eco and felt more power at low rpms in both Eco and Comfort. For some reason I was expecting day and night improvement with tune. And yes, I agree with you on sport+ characteristics. Besides I shouldn't be in sport+ in local traffic.

Last edited by pussgalore; 06-02-2021 at 03:46 AM.
The following users liked this post:
benzw205 (05-04-2021)
Old 05-04-2021, 01:53 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
benzw205
Hello, can you tell what you regret or not to have changed on your car ? What do you

Hello, can you tell what you regret or not to have changed on your car ? What do you recommend to improve it ? Thank you.
Old 05-04-2021, 10:33 PM

na
Originally Posted by benzw205
Hello, can you tell what you regret or not to have changed on your car ? What do you recommend to improve it ? Thank you.
Performance/Sound Upgrades:
1. Eisenmann "Sport" Mufflers and "Race" Midpipe (I ordered Race mufflers but received Sport ones due to vendor's oversight. Can't comment on the difference in sounds between Sport and Race mufflers but Sport is quieter. Much deeper sounds over stock, though still somewhat muffled.)
2. Fi-Exhaust 200 Cell Downpipe (replaced the stock 400 cell x 2 cats, so the sounds became much louder and car became more responsive. I had two cats but a lot of you probably only have one cat.)
3. PP-Performance Stage 2 Tune (couldn't really tell any change in performance but after driving for a week, you can tell there's more power in lower RPMs. I don't think exhaust sounds got any louder.)
4. Resonator Delete (both resonators gone at this stage. With just the rear resonator delete, there was no drone but after getting rid of the mid resonator (no more resonator on) there's drone in Sport+ around 3500-4000 rpm, but the exhaust sound is louder and throaty and you can hear tiny burbles when downshifting, which I like. HOWEVER, I'm looking for more refined sounds, so my next project is an aftermarket resonator installation.)

Cosmetics Upgrades:
C43 rear spoiler
Dark window trims from stock chrome
Diamond front grille
Wheel hub caps
Wheels painted matte black
Black hood emblem
C43 rear diffuser and exhaust tips

benzw205 (05-05-2021)
Old 05-05-2021, 03:08 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
benzw205
Performance/Sound Upgrades:
1. Eisenmann "Sport" Mufflers and "Race" Midpipe (I ordered Race mufflers but received Sport ones due to vendor's oversight. Can't comment on the difference in sounds between Sport and Race mufflers but Sport is quieter. Much deeper sounds over stock, though still somewhat muffled.)
2. Fi-Exhaust 200 Cell Downpipe (replaced the stock 400 cell x 2 cats, so the sounds became much louder and car became more responsive. I had two cats but a lot of you probably only have one cat.)
3. PP-Performance Stage 2 Tune (couldn't really tell any change in performance but after driving for a week, you can tell there's more power in lower RPMs. I don't think exhaust sounds got any louder.)
4. Resonator Delete (both resonators gone at this stage. With just the rear resonator delete, there was no drone but after getting rid of the mid resonator (no more resonator on) there's drone in Sport+ around 3500-4000 rpm, but the exhaust sound is louder and throaty and you can hear tiny burbles when downshifting, which I like. HOWEVER, I'm looking for more refined sounds, so my next project is an aftermarket resonator installation.)

Cosmetics Upgrades:
C43 rear spoiler
Dark window trims from stock chrome
Diamond front grille
Wheel hub caps
Wheels painted matte black
Black hood emblem
C43 rear diffuser and exhaust tips

Thank you, and can you tell me what is for your the best and/or most important thing that you changed ? Exhaust ?
I have a totally original cclass and wonder which parts I will change for better ones when need to change.
What exhaust not too expensive can make a difference please ?
Thanks again !

Old 05-05-2021, 04:05 AM

na
Originally Posted by benzw205
Thank you, and can you tell me what is for your the best and/or most important thing that you changed ? Exhaust ?
I have a totally original cclass and wonder which parts I will change for better ones when need to change.
What exhaust not too expensive can make a difference please ?
Thanks again !
I wanted to change my stock exhaust sounds, so the best thing I've done is adding the aftermarket mufflers and downpipe.
If you want deeper, louder exhaust sounds, you change exhaust systems. If you want to change what your car looks like, you are looking at cosmetic changes.

If your budget is limited, I'd recommend resonator delete and/or muffler delete but if you delete mufflers, it will be obnoxiously loud. You can also delete the rear resonator and replace the front resonator with an aftermarket one. An aftermarket resonator is cheap (under US$150). I don't know much about cheap mufflers... For a significant sound change, I would get a sport downpipe (200 cell). Catless downpipes are cheaper but it'll be smelly and CEL is highly likely.

benzw205 (05-06-2021)