C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C450/C43 Spacer Fitment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 681 Likes on 536 Posts
c
C450/C43 Spacer Fitment

Hello Gentlemen,

I am going to give you all the information available to me about spacer fitment for this car. I've tried both H&R spacers and ECS Tuning Spacers. Both of which in 10mm+ sizes, which require a hub centric style spacer. I am extremely familiar with offset, calculating it, running spacers, and fitment in general - just to preference the content here.

What worked for me: 8mm ECS Tuning Spacers (I ended up ordering these for the extended bolts at a lower cost.)

What didn't: 10mm hub centric ECS Tuning spacers (the step in the hub centric portion of the spacer stopped the spacer from fully seating in the hub of the wheel)

another failed attempt: 12mm H&R hub centric spacers (The chamfer bevel stopped the spacer from fully seating in the hub of the wheel)

I, ideally, wanted to run 4/12 front and rear, respectively. However, I could not get a hub centric spacer to work without having to source from ebay (which others have had success with). I do not trust ebay spacers for a number of reasons. I have ran H&R DR/DRA and a multitude of ECS Tuning spacers. Both of which have been fantastic and vibration free. The one time I did order ebay spacers they forged themselves to the hub on the wheel (no amount of force or anti-seize would have prevented this).

So, I settled on running 8mm in the rear, with OEM offset in the front. Which gives a very balanced look front to rear. I did try the 4's up front with the 8's out back, but it only drew attention to the rears not quite being as aggressive as the front.

I have pirelli p zero tires on my car, for reference. Most tires fit differently and will determine what type of offset you can run without poking, or rubbing if you are lowered.

The 4mm upfront was just about perfect IMO. A nice full look, the 12's out back would have complimented it nicely.

^This is the 4mm upfront

I know some people will make custom spacers, but I did not feel like paying $400+ for spacers that I did not know the quality of (and coincidentally looked like ebay spacers), or in general for spacers. I also did not want to put ebay spacers on this car, as this is an area I do not feel like taking any risks with, along with having a bad experience with them in the past.

I will update this post with pictures of the final outcome. It, basically, just looks like it should have from the factory IMO. 4/12 would have been exactly where I wanted to be. This evens the OEM front fitment to the rear.

Last edited by alexasa; 06-30-2016 at 07:49 AM.
Old 06-27-2016, 03:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 681 Likes on 536 Posts
c
Here is the 8mm rear. Front and rear match pretty good. The 4/12 would have been just right, but I'm happy with this and should keep the side of the car from getting hit with so much debris.

Old 02-05-2017, 05:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c43
Originally Posted by alexasa
Here is the 8mm rear. Front and rear match pretty good. The 4/12 would have been just right, but I'm happy with this and should keep the side of the car from getting hit with so much debris.

Look great!

Thanks for the tip, is the C43 identical to the C450? Can I use the same spacers?