C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Possibility of Tuning 2016 C300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2016, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 Sport 2016
Possibility of Tuning 2016 C300

Hey Everybody,

New to the forums as I just got a new C300 Sport 2016 last week. I am leasing the car from the dealership and wanted to know what the possibility of getting a tune would be like for the car in terms of performance and in terms of how the dealership will react when the car goes in for service as it is leased.

I was looking at a few different tunes but dont really know what I am getting myself into.

I saw this fairly cheap BMS stage one tune that seems to be plug and play for sub 400 dollars : http://www.topgearsolutions.com/bms-...c300-w205.html

I also saw that AutoTalent is doing dunes on the W205 cars now here: https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...c400-c450.html

Would anybody with experience be able to guide me in the correct direction. I do not want to **** off the dealership but some extra torque and speed would be nice!

Thank you all in advance!
Old 07-01-2016, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 557 Likes on 474 Posts
2016 C300
Leased or purchased, if MB techs detect a tune they are required to stop all work on the car and flag the VIN, which results in the power train aspect of the warranty being voided.

The only time I would do a tune was if the car was paid for and out of factory warranty.
The following users liked this post:
Jcamz (07-01-2016)
Old 07-01-2016, 10:58 PM

C300 Sport 2016
Originally Posted by Mike5215
Leased or purchased, if MB techs detect a tune they are required to stop all work on the car and flag the VIN, which results in the power train aspect of the warranty being voided.

The only time I would do a tune was if the car was paid for and out of factory warranty.
Well Shoot that isnt what I wanted to hear but I do not at any cost want to ruin the warrantee. Thanks you for the information
Old 07-01-2016, 11:00 PM

Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts
C300 S205 AMG, GLA 45 AMG
3 options...
1. Piggy back ECU, eg BMS, Racechip, brabus, willal....
2. ECU bench tune, HG MOTORSPORT, And a few others getting ok feedback stateside
3. Bigger turbo. And custom ECU... Turbo kits doing work on cla250 donk and likely closest to offering something in this realm..

Given a lease I 'd go BMS with the brown connector utilised in 98ron...
Not too difficult to fit / remove, decent step up in performance. Cheap.
If you have a little more cash I'd get the willar piggy back... Super easy to fit simile performance.. Great guys..

Personally I got a Racechip and after a custom software change it makes the c250 up to c300 level... Same hardware as the brabus unit...
Old 07-01-2016, 11:02 PM

C300 Sport 2016
Originally Posted by Shadwell
3 options...
1. Piggy back ECU, eg BMS, Racechip, brabus, willal....
2. ECU bench tune, HG MOTORSPORT, And a few others getting ok feedback stateside
3. Bigger turbo. And custom ECU... Turbo kits doing work on cla250 donk and likely closest to offering something in this realm..

Given a lease I 'd go BMS with the brown connector utilised in 98ron...
Not too difficult to fit / remove, decent step up in performance. Cheap.
If you have a little more cash I'd get the willar piggy back... Super easy to fit simile performance.. Great guys..

Personally I got a Racechip and after a custom software change it makes the c250 up to c300 level... Same hardware as the brabus unit...
Mike 5215 mentioned that a tune may be detectable by the dealership. If I were to just unplug the BMS tune every time I took the car in for service would they have any sort of clue. Im not looking for something too crazy and have no experience so the easiest / cheapest option would be cool if it actually improved the car.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:04 PM

Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts
C300 S205 AMG, GLA 45 AMG
Originally Posted by Mike5215

It may lead to a flag on the car but they would and are obliged to demonstrate the changes made can create the concerns realised...
As such many aspects of issue can and are still supported...
Having worked supporting Daimler AG warranty claims management it is not a black and white blanket exclusion scenario.. Numerous laws supporting the consumer prevent that and support common sense...
Old 07-01-2016, 11:09 PM

C300 Sport 2016
Originally Posted by Shadwell
It may lead to a flag on the car but they would and are obliged to demonstrate the changes made can create the concerns realised...
As such many aspects of issue can and are still supported...
Having worked supporting Daimler AG warranty claims management it is not a black and white blanket exclusion scenario.. Numerous laws supporting the consumer prevent that and support common sense...
Interesting. I do not know if I will go the tune route then. I have never modified my cars before so it would be a first. If it was a 13 year old e39 M5 I may not be as scared but a 2016 that I've had for 2 weeks is a different story