C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C43 sedan order questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 09:59 AM

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Question C43 sedan order questions

Hi everyone. I've been lurking here for a bit, and have just put in an order for my first Mercedes -- a C43 sedan. I've been looking through the dealer guide I found here, and I have a couple questions:

1. Has anyone seen a newer ordering guide, or know if prices are available for the AMG packages/options yet?

2. The AMG standalone options section (page 39) shows 401 (Heated and Ventilated Seats) as an available standalone option, but it requires the designo leather. I was planning to get the designo saddle brown (P87) leather anyway, so this is not a problem. My dealer told me that he wasn't able to select 401 in his system. However, when he expanded the options included with the P87 package, it showed: P87 designo Package, 401 Heated and Active Ventilated Front Seats, 974 design Saddle Brown/Black Nappa Leather. It would seem that 401 is already included. If 401 is included with the designo leather packages, and the standalone 401 option says it requires designo leather, then why is there a standalone option at all? Has anyone else placed an order and received different information from their dealer on selecting this option?
Old 07-15-2016, 11:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MERCEDES GLA45
My wife has a C43 on order for Mid-August delivery and wanted 401 with standard seats but for 2017 not available. She does not care for the designo look and not being able to get ventilation was almost a deal killer. Bottom line, if you want vents, you have to opt for designo. Frankly, ventilate seats in most MB's are pretty weak compared to other brands. My 14 CLS 63S's can only be noticed if I'm sweating when I turn it on. By contrast, a Hyundai Equus will freeze your ***** in minutes
Old 07-16-2016, 02:03 PM

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Yeah, I've got no problem with getting the designo--I like the look of it. The ventilated seats are a must have for my wife and I. I'm not looking to be frozen, just to hold off from my back getting sweaty. The ventilated seats in my father's CLS550 seem to do that job well enough.

My concern with the order (and maybe this just comes from looking at a non-final dealer ordering guide) is that there's a standalone 401 option listed with a TBD price. However, my dealer can't select that option even though I am getting the designo leather package. It does show up as a sub-item in the P87 package, which I am getting. But if picking packages where 401 is included is the only way to get 401, then why is it listed as a standalone option with a price? I'm wondering if my dealer missed something. Would hate to have the car show up and that option not be there.

Originally Posted by Agingracefully
Bottom line, if you want vents, you have to opt for designo. Frankly, ventilate seats in most MB's are pretty weak compared to other brands.
Old 07-17-2016, 03:09 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 C43 OMG
It'll probably be a software transition issue, my dealer had a lot of them when I ordered my car, and very soon we discovered that the C450 I initially ordered was going to be a C43 at the end, so it took some time to the programmers of the MB Spanish website (and I guess for the MB software ppl as well) to sort things out.

I've ordered the same designo saddle brown as you, thus the heated and electric seats are coming along. The package will also include the electric adjustable steering column. I'm 99% sure that's what my dealer said. We'll soon see what's what.