C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

COMAND 10.25" Screen Upgrades

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-13-2019, 06:25 AM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
C220D W205 Estate
Originally Posted by guzman0344
@ckebz

I got the same unit for a while now, i mean you have also the 1920x720 version ?

I buyed mine from wincafactory. ( i have to say im not very happy with the skilles of the engineer where the dealing with. )

After a firmware update the carplay icon is gone from the homescreen ) the are not able to fix it.

Do you have this icon visible in your menu or not ?

i spend also a lot of time with the boot logo, but not working at all.

how is yours connected ? also with a 3.5mm rca to usb adapter box + ground loop isolator ( for the engine noise ) i tried it without ground loop isolator, and higher rca quality cable because it kill the bass but without any luck.
Hi Guz

Is the carplay perhaps in the in folder of the general apps?
In UI2 you could go to the hidden menu and add/remove shortcuts in the main menu.
You can still access this menu, but I don't know if it has any effect anymore on the main screen

Maybe some one know in the 'Android 10.25 Mercedes user experience' forum

Bootlogo you can add/change
I removed that awfull android startup logo.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w205
Originally Posted by TorbenK
Hi Guz

Is the carplay perhaps in the in folder of the general apps?
In UI2 you could go to the hidden menu and add/remove shortcuts in the main menu.
You can still access this menu, but I don't know if it has any effect anymore on the main screen

Maybe some one know in the 'Android 10.25 Mercedes user experience' forum

Bootlogo you can add/change
I removed that awfull android startup logo.

Hi Bro,

After the firmware update its switched to the generall apps yes.

The seller told me this is the new way because, not many clients use the autokit app.

Everything in the ui looks locked, i cant even change anything in the apps menu.

carlife mall posted also a video of this.

i think he is the only one who fixed it in his new firmware, if i know this seller before i definitely buyed the radio by him.

but can you tell me more about the hidden menu ?

i can give it a try.

Old 09-13-2019, 07:04 AM

C220D W205 Estate
Secret menu password: 1812
find the machine settings - version information - there is a small icon in the upper right corner.

I might have the previous UI3 with the icon in the main menu
Old 09-13-2019, 07:10 AM

w205
@TorbenK thanks !

i will give it a try tomorrow, just brought my car to a audio store. for a steg dsp install
Old 09-13-2019, 06:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 C300-4Matic-AMG Line
Unhappy

Originally Posted by jeboo
Having just done this, I didnt see anywhere obvious to sneak any sizable cable into the arm rest. Considering you will likely be running at least a pair of RCAs or USB cable (+/- 2 USB female cables), it'd be best to just drill through. The front of the "wallet holder" is the best spot, real thin plastic and hidden from view.
Thanks for the response. I thought about doing this as well, but in the end I just uninstalled it and the whole thing is going back to Road Top tomorrow. I just can't bring myself to drill into a brand new car
Old 09-13-2019, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by guzman0344
@ckebz

I got the same unit for a while now, i mean you have also the 1920x720 version ?

I buyed mine from wincafactory. ( i have to say im not very happy with the skilles of the engineer where the dealing with. )

After a firmware update the carplay icon is gone from the homescreen ) the are not able to fix it.

Do you have this icon visible in your menu or not ?

i spend also a lot of time with the boot logo, but not working at all.

how is yours connected ? also with a 3.5mm rca to usb adapter box + ground loop isolator ( for the engine noise ) i tried it without ground loop isolator, and higher rca quality cable because it kill the bass but without any luck.
Hi guzman,
Yes, I purchased the 1920x720 "Blueray" screen.

I did have the CarPlay button on my screen, but there were so many problems with CarPlay through the wireless CarPlay dongle, I ended up just uninstalling it all. The issues were, half the time CarPlay would not auto connect through bluetooth, when it does, there is no scroll wheel functionality at all, and when I was able to get Siri to come online, she would stutter horribly, and whatever music was playing would skip uncontrollably after Siri stopped talking.

I actually was able to get a different boot logo to come up. I had to figure out how to make a boot animation, and had to figure out the little code script that went with it. The most bizarre part was, even after I got a custom boot logo to play on boot up, that damn green robot would still come up before the new boot animation. After some research, I found out that the green robot is actually a splash screen, and can only be changed by booting an Android device into recovery mode, and uploading a custom SPLASH.IMG and "Flashing" the software. This was the part where I decided to give up, put it back in the box, and send it back to China.

Yes, I was running the USB adapter box from the RCAs. I ran the cable out of the side of the center trim, and back into the center glovebox, this made wires visible, another thing I cant live with.

The final straw for me was the, "Android is Starting" message I would get every time the car started. I contacted Carlife Mall, and DMP Designs, they both make a higher quality version than the one I bought from Road Top, and they both have excellent customer service, with great response times. But they both did tell me that the, "Android is Starting" message will come up every time. Nothing can be done about it. Yea, no thanks then

Maybe I'm a little too OCD for this screen, but I was under the impression it would at least boot up, and mostly act like an actual Mercedes product.

I will say this though, the install was very simple, thanks to all the posts here. When they come out with a more stable version, and work out all the bugs, I'm sure I will get another one, and next time, I'll not be cheap, and get the least expensive one I can find.
The following users liked this post:
guzman0344 (09-16-2019)
Old 09-17-2019, 06:56 AM

W205
Originally Posted by ckebz
Hi guzman,
Yes, I purchased the 1920x720 "Blueray" screen.

I did have the CarPlay button on my screen, but there were so many problems with CarPlay through the wireless CarPlay dongle, I ended up just uninstalling it all. The issues were, half the time CarPlay would not auto connect through bluetooth, when it does, there is no scroll wheel functionality at all, and when I was able to get Siri to come online, she would stutter horribly, and whatever music was playing would skip uncontrollably after Siri stopped talking.

I actually was able to get a different boot logo to come up. I had to figure out how to make a boot animation, and had to figure out the little code script that went with it. The most bizarre part was, even after I got a custom boot logo to play on boot up, that damn green robot would still come up before the new boot animation. After some research, I found out that the green robot is actually a splash screen, and can only be changed by booting an Android device into recovery mode, and uploading a custom SPLASH.IMG and "Flashing" the software. This was the part where I decided to give up, put it back in the box, and send it back to China.

Yes, I was running the USB adapter box from the RCAs. I ran the cable out of the side of the center trim, and back into the center glovebox, this made wires visible, another thing I cant live with.

The final straw for me was the, "Android is Starting" message I would get every time the car started. I contacted Carlife Mall, and DMP Designs, they both make a higher quality version than the one I bought from Road Top, and they both have excellent customer service, with great response times. But they both did tell me that the, "Android is Starting" message will come up every time. Nothing can be done about it. Yea, no thanks then

Maybe I'm a little too OCD for this screen, but I was under the impression it would at least boot up, and mostly act like an actual Mercedes product.

I will say this though, the install was very simple, thanks to all the posts here. When they come out with a more stable version, and work out all the bugs, I'm sure I will get another one, and next time, I'll not be cheap, and get the least expensive one I can find.
Hi,

Can you give me the url from de Android screen you bought?

Thx
Old 09-17-2019, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by aruizm0
Hi,

Can you give me the url from de Android screen you bought?

Thx
Sure, its- https://www.ebay.com/itm/Android-Scr...8AAOSwx0FdQl-7

...but I would STRONGLY recommend you purchase from CarLife-Mall - https://www.carlife-mall.net/product...lc-c-v-ntg5-x/
or DMP Designs.

Last edited by ckebz; 09-18-2019 at 02:06 PM.
Old 09-18-2019, 05:31 AM

W205
Thanks!
Old 09-18-2019, 07:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLK 220 CDI 4matic
Hello all. I installed an android 10.25, square corners on a GLK w204 model 2009. Connected to aux. The iPhone connected via bluetooth with the android unit. Later I installed a Dongle Carlinkit Wireless Apple CarPlay, which I use connected on bluetooth with my phone. Do I have to connect my phone to the android unit and Carlinkit at the same time? If I do this over the CarPlay interface in case of a phone call the android call appears. If I disconnect from the android unit (bluetooth), in order to have sound I have to switch from Command to aux and the radio no longer works. Do you have any suggestions?
Old 09-18-2019, 03:03 PM

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts
C400
i wish i could just get a bigger screen but keep the same operating system
Old 09-25-2019, 12:36 AM

Thumbs up Update

I returned my first screen, and ordered one from Car-life Mall. Much improved. No skipping audio in CarPlay, and it connects every time. I also got videos to sync with audio in VLC player, and I can use my scroll wheel to navigate the menu in CarPlay. Very pleased with the outcome. Here are some pics.

Main Menu

Video working with audio synced

CarPlay with IOS 13

Google Maps in Carplay is spot on

Major improvements were the connectivity, Siri audio, and boot screens.
Old 09-25-2019, 01:08 AM

C220D W205 Estate
Originally Posted by ckebz
I returned my first screen, and ordered one from Car-life Mall. Much improved. No skipping audio in CarPlay, and it connects every time. I also got videos to sync with audio in VLC player, and I can use my scroll wheel to navigate the menu in CarPlay. Very pleased with the outcome. Here are some pics.

Main Menu

Video working with audio synced

CarPlay with IOS 13

Google Maps in Carplay is spot on

Major improvements were the connectivity, Siri audio, and boot screens.
Can you tell us the MCU, CAN and UI dated versions?
Old 09-27-2019, 05:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG c63s w205
did you ever work out the sound issue as i have the exact same problem
Old 09-27-2019, 05:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG c63s w205
Originally Posted by TaiLyssa
Yes, original head unit is on, that was the first thing I thought of too. lol

I'm connected via Bluetooth.

I think I’m gonna take it back apart and retrace my steps to make sure I didn’t miss something or connected something where I wasn’t supposed to.

did you ever find the issue as i have the exact same problem
Old 09-27-2019, 05:37 AM

GLK 220 CDI 4matic
Same to me

Last edited by Netlimiter; 09-27-2019 at 05:44 AM.
Old 11-07-2019, 03:58 PM

2016 AMG GTS
Has anyone found a fix for skipping audio through Carplay? I connect via USB cord through a Carplay dongle, and the audio is fine until it starts randomly skipping and then eventually going silent. Does it on Spotify, Waze, Phone, etc. Specifically got a lot worse after the most recent big iPhone update.
Old 11-08-2019, 09:31 AM

2010 E550 P2 / 2003 S430
Originally Posted by cardoza
Has anyone found a fix for skipping audio through Carplay? I connect via USB cord through a Carplay dongle, and the audio is fine until it starts randomly skipping and then eventually going silent. Does it on Spotify, Waze, Phone, etc. Specifically got a lot worse after the most recent big iPhone update.
I have been having that issue too and couldn't find a fix for it, contacted CarlifeMall but he coudn't help either. Eventually I just bought another Carplay dongle from Amazon, I haven't had that issue since then
Old 11-08-2019, 01:16 PM

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts
C400
Originally Posted by IDIOFFO
I have been having that issue too and couldn't find a fix for it, contacted CarlifeMall but he coudn't help either. Eventually I just bought another Carplay dongle from Amazon, I haven't had that issue since then
wait what is this dongle you speak of
Old 11-09-2019, 09:01 AM

2010 E550 P2 / 2003 S430
Originally Posted by GringoBling
wait what is this dongle you speak of
Here is the one I got
Amazon Amazon

Last edited by IDIOFFO; 11-09-2019 at 09:04 AM.
Old 11-14-2019, 04:31 AM

W205 c220d
Replug USB

Does anyone else have problems with having to unplug and replug USB connection everytime you ret back into the car.

Thanks guys
Old 11-24-2019, 04:55 AM

CLA200
Anyone have a solution for audio lag when playing videos? I'm using AUX-USB box. Is it a Mercedes issue? I have a CLA200 with NTG5, I tried connecting my iPhone using original Mercedes provided USB cable into the USB port and played YouTube on my phone, there's still audio delay between the video and audio.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:47 AM

W205
Hi guys,

Right I'm finally deciding to byte the bullet and get myself one of these. Here is my dilemma.

I messaged carlifemal with a couple of questions. One being if I could get a discount (if you don't ask you don't get). They have come back and offered some money off as they say they will soon be selling an android 10 version. Do I wait it out a bit longer or just get the one that's currently on offer?
Old 12-08-2019, 09:55 PM

C180
I bought a 10.25 inch locally for my C180 (right hand drive) in Dec-2018
it was Android 7.1 when it arrived and over the one-year it reset to factory default for more than 5-times.
the seller is in Singapore and he told me his warranty is only 6-months.
the seller finally willing to send me an update file 3562.
after update it has been smooth for the last one-month and hopefully it will stay that way.
I also stick-in a local sim-card and there is data connectivity but the data performance is not always good, I am not sure its the unit or its the sim card.

I find out more inform on this website and i wish everybody best or joy with your car entertainment.
Old 01-10-2020, 02:01 AM

W205
Originally Posted by FellowBenzer
Did they tell you when the android 10 version is coming out?
No. However they have since released a video on YouTube stating February. However the android 10 units will not have sd card slots for additional memory and in my opinion look very buggy to me. Search carlifemal on YouTube and see for yourself. I went with android 9 myself. Have it installed and couldn't be happier.

Hope this helps.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: COMAND 10.25" Screen Upgrades