C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Monthly car rentals

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 09:49 AM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
2016 C300
Monthly car rentals

i've never rented a car with my money. all rentals i've had were due to accidents.

now, i'm going to be doing about 700~1000 miles a week very soon for about 1-2 months.

that's way more than my 12k miles a year lease allows.

i'm thinking of renting a car for a month or two.

and i don't care if i get to drive a toyota yaris, elantra or even kia rio.

i just need the CHEAPEST way.

any ideas? any special coupons? discounts via credit cards?

i have no clue, but i guess i'll start by asking enterprise, hertz and avis.

This is in NY btw.
Old 08-13-2016, 10:56 AM

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts
C450, GLS 63 and a few other things
Good luck finding something reasonable. First off, you definitely want to try a discount from somewhere. Airline and hotel programs have them, warehouse clubs, AAA, maybe your credit card, etc. That should save you at least 10%. Beyond that, you can do a google search for different corporate codes and see if any apply to you. I won't use a code that I'm not eligible for, but many people don't feel the same, and other than some super cheap government codes, they generally don't check. Note that if any of the corporate codes come with insurance included, and you have an accident and try to use it they almost certainly WILL check then.

NYC is very expensive for rental cars. It's worth a few calls to see if going into NJ or something will save you some $$. Use non-airport locations, they generally have less fees and taxes. Finally, I suspect you'll do better on an off-brand if you can't find any discount codes. Hit up Expedia or a place like that for an idea of rates to start.
Old 08-13-2016, 02:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ML350 BTC & C300
I use hotwire.com
Old 08-13-2016, 05:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
I do not know your circumstance as to why you must travel that large a distance weekly for 1-2 months. But that seems quite a large amount of travel by car in NYC. Why not use train or bus or airports to alter that distance and then rent something locally or use uber.

Again since I don't know if this is personal or businesses it seems there would be alternate methods for transporting yourself that could be cheeper then renting..

Now as far as where to get solid deals. I use Amex plat which instantly provides high status to a majority of car rental locations as well as Amex discounts on rentals.

I would also look into the cost of the rental of 60 days and then what the cost of mileage overages are and compare the two to determine which is cheaper.

Also I have turned in lease vehicles to mercedes over on miles and they didn't charge me for the overages. If you plan to to release a mercedes next time. Mercedes does give you a credit upon turn in that can be used for many things including damages considered greater than average. Mileage overages. Missing key etc... I believe its in the neighborhood of 500-750 dollars.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by icanectc; 08-13-2016 at 05:14 PM.
Old 08-13-2016, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 270 Likes on 184 Posts
2016 C300 4Matic traded in for a 2022 E450 Coupe
Originally Posted by NYbenzzz
i've never rented a car with my money. all rentals i've had were due to accidents.

now, i'm going to be doing about 700~1000 miles a week very soon for about 1-2 months.

that's way more than my 12k miles a year lease allows.

i'm thinking of renting a car for a month or two.

and i don't care if i get to drive a toyota yaris, elantra or even kia rio.

i just need the CHEAPEST way.

any ideas? any special coupons? discounts via credit cards?

i have no clue, but i guess i'll start by asking enterprise, hertz and avis.

This is in NY btw.
This is one of the reasons I don't under stand leasing vehicles. I'd have to park the car 2-3 months a year to stay in the typical mileage limits. *shrugs*
Old 08-13-2016, 07:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by Mikey53
This is one of the reasons I don't under stand leasing vehicles. I'd have to park the car 2-3 months a year to stay in the typical mileage limits. *shrugs*

Many people don't drive a lot of miles. Or own businesses which is lease advantagious.

I work from home so the mileage limitations don't apply to me. Which would be true for many. Likewise someone who drives a lot year offer year wouldn't benefit from a lease. Everyone's situation is different.
Old 08-13-2016, 11:55 PM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
2016 C300
Originally Posted by Mikey53
my daily commute to work is 14 miles both ways. it's a 30 min drive. Benz has a high depreciation, i don't see them worthy to buy since they lose so much value so quick. i rather lease 3 years and let mb usa handle the rest.
i'm glad i leased since 4 months into owning it i got into an accident, albeit it was 100% the other party's fault. but this particular car will have a carfax record with an accident, that kills the value even more.

public transportation it takes me 2 hours to get to work, meh.

i'll be traveling from ny to nj for the next 2 months, public transportation is not an option. and i don't want to use my personal car for business. i get paid a lot for expenses a month, so i'm looking to rent a hooptie for 1-2 months, as it will be less expensive at the end.
Old 08-14-2016, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
'15 T&C & '14 SL63
assuming you have insurance and can waive theirs, rent a car in pa.

to pick it up there are gypsy vans to pa for $15 each way.

Between 650 and 700 / mo, plus taxes, in stroudsburg, pa.