C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Mbrace - 2016 C300 - Sending routes?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C300 4Matic
Mbrace - 2016 C300 - Sending routes?

I have used my phone's MBrace "SendtoBenz" to send positions (like Central Hardware in Pensacola) to our 2016 C300's navigation system. Works fine. However, I would like to send a route using MBrace....anyone know of a way to do that?

Someone suggested Google Maps might be able to do that, but I have not been able to figure that out. Apparently there is some MB number I need use with Google maps to allow that to happen. Any ideas?
Old 10-04-2016, 03:11 PM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
2016 C300
let me get this straight, cuz i'm a lil bit confused.

so you want to type an address on mbrace app on your phone and send it to your car's navi?

or you want to send the same thing as above but with your custom route?

Currently custom routes have to be edited after you send2benz. you can edit on route options on navi menu once route guidance starts.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:33 PM

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts
E53
I believe that "Route2Benz is no longer offered. You can, however, save routes to an SD card and use them later. I haven't tried that though.

Route2Benz

Route2Benz is available for mbrace2 equipped vehicles. The service allows the customer to plan a full route, including multiple destinations on Google Maps™ and send the route to the in vehicle navigation system. The customer can also customize the route by dragging points to the desired roads for re-calculation.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:05 PM

2015 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by NYbenzzz
let me get this straight, cuz i'm a lil bit confused.

so you want to type an address on mbrace app on your phone and send it to your car's navi?

or you want to send the same thing as above but with your custom route?

Currently custom routes have to be edited after you send2benz. you can edit on route options on navi menu once route guidance starts.
I'd like to be able to generate a route, like using MapQuest or GoogleMaps or the like and send that to my car. I can easily send single positions using MBrace, but I do not see an option to send a route from my PC to my car via MBrace.

I have built several custom routes on my PC, saved them to an SD card, then used them once I am in the car. Those work fairly well, however I cannot select those routes from the SD car once I am driving. I can do similar with positions I've generated on the PC and saved to the SD card. Again, I cannot call those positions up once I'm driving, so I have to manually change re-save all those positions, individually from the SD card to the car's HDD when I'm not driving. Once those positions (now called contacts) are on the HDD I can select them as I'm driving, build (limited) routes, etc.

I've also created several routes while in the car, using positions on the HDD or the SD card, but there is a Comand/Navigation limit (4? 6?) of how many positions I can use.

Just seems like I ought to be able to build a route out of the car, like on my smart phone or on my PC and send that to the car using MBrace or some other application.

Clearer? Or are you really confused now?
Old 10-04-2016, 06:12 PM

2015 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by BenzC400
I believe that "Route2Benz is no longer offered. You can, however, save routes to an SD card and use them later. I haven't tried that though.

Route2Benz

Route2Benz is available for mbrace2 equipped vehicles. The service allows the customer to plan a full route, including multiple destinations on Google Maps™ and send the route to the in vehicle navigation system. The customer can also customize the route by dragging points to the desired roads for re-calculation.
Ah, that really stinks. That is what I want to do. I did check just now, and "Route2Benz" is not an option on my Android phone's MBrace application. Maybe someone will come up with a workaround.

Putting routes on an SD card works very, very well. I have done several. All you need is something that generates a gpx file. I use Garmin Mapsource, and Garmin Basecamp, but there are dozens of other route building software applications available. I believe Google Maps builds a gpx file also, but I cannot figure out how to get any of those files to my car other than the SD route. And of course, anything on the SD card cannot be accessed once the car is in motion. That's a really odd restriction; makes no sense because one CAN access positions (but not routes as there are none saved there) from the car's HDD while driving.