C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Help/info on In Car MBrace "Stuff"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Help/info on In Car MBrace "Stuff"

So... Like most, I don't want to pay for crappy internet speeds in the car, but wasn't the full access to services. My car will include 5 years of the basics, remote start, unlock, etc., so I'm sure it's not worth paying for the $15+/month entertainment pack... Unless I'm missing something???

Traffic isn't delivered this way, and if so, couldn't I tether to my phone???

I'm confused as to the value of each....

Anyone?

I hear it's also slow as "f" even though it's 4G....
Old 10-22-2016, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GX470
Originally Posted by auditoamg
So... Like most, I don't want to pay for crappy internet speeds in the car, but wasn't the full access to services. My car will include 5 years of the basics, remote start, unlock, etc., so I'm sure it's not worth paying for the $15+/month entertainment pack... Unless I'm missing something???

Traffic isn't delivered this way, and if so, couldn't I tether to my phone???

I'm confused as to the value of each....

Anyone?

I hear it's also slow as "f" even though it's 4G....
I was wondering the same thing... Is it worth it to sign up for the Mbrace? We just got a GLS and we are still trying to figure out all of the features.
Old 10-22-2016, 04:49 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
C350e
Originally Posted by Bboozer
I was wondering the same thing... Is it worth it to sign up for the Mbrace? We just got a GLS and we are still trying to figure out all of the features.
I am wondering why the Mbrace in the US is working so bad. I have COMAND and can use all the services for 3 years. It had some glitches in the start period. But now it's working fine. The only thing that is strange is that for internet you need to use your own phone instead of the cars internet connection. But I must admit I only use the internet to download stored POI's and sometimes to look up a charging station.
Old 10-22-2016, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by GerritKw
I am wondering why the Mbrace in the US is working so bad. I have COMAND and can use all the services for 3 years. It had some glitches in the start period. But now it's working fine. The only thing that is strange is that for internet you need to use your own phone instead of the cars internet connection. But I must admit I only use the internet to download stored POI's and sometimes to look up a charging station.
I'm thinking of just getting my own in car hot spot... The more I hear.