C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

How to play music in my w205 through my mobile phone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 05:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Mercedes-Benz C-class w205
How to play music in my w205 through my mobile phone

Hello fellow members.

I got my new w205 today and i absolutely love the car. But. I am having problems with playing music from my mobile phone through the bluetooth. It is working but it is annoying that it is so complicated to change songs and also if i wanna skip a minuter or two on a song, that doesnt seem to work.

The easiest solution would be to get aux somehow. Is this possible? The second question is: If the aux solution doesnt work, can i somehow change songs with my mobile phone but the music still comes through the car speakers via bluetooth.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 556 Likes on 473 Posts
2016 C300
Changing songs can be accomplished several ways. If audio is being displayed on the large screen, swiping across the touchpad skips forward or back.

Regardless of which screen your display is on though, pressing the small raised bar at the rear of the touchpad brings up a temporary sub menu which displays the song info and allows you to swipe to advance or go back on a track.

You can also press the Voice Command button on the steering wheel and say "skip track". Lastly, if the center gauge cluster display is set to Audio, the steering wheel buttons can be used to skip ahead or back.

There is no control for fast forward however. With respect to BT, any controls you execute on the phone still work while connected via BT.

You can also make a direct connection to your mobile device via its charging cable and either of the two USB ports located on the inside front panel of the center console storage. There is no analog aux in however.
Old 11-03-2016, 07:04 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
2016 C300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Mike5215
Changing songs can be accomplished several ways. If audio is being displayed on the large screen, swiping across the touchpad skips forward or back.

Regardless of which screen your display is on though, pressing the small raised bar at the rear of the touchpad brings up a temporary sub menu which displays the song info and allows you to swipe to advance or go back on a track.

You can also press the Voice Command button on the steering wheel and say "skip track". Lastly, if the center gauge cluster display is set to Audio, the steering wheel buttons can be used to skip ahead or back.

There is no control for fast forward however. With respect to BT, any controls you execute on the phone still work while connected via BT.

You can also make a direct connection to your mobile device via its charging cable and either of the two USB ports located on the inside front panel of the center console storage. There is no analog aux in however.
I think you can control fast forward and backward by using the round knob and pushing it to the right/left and holding it there. You can also you the touchpad by swiping right/left and holding your finger on the touchpad. Just tested it on mine and it seems to work fine.
Old 11-03-2016, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 556 Likes on 473 Posts
2016 C300
Yeah I'm going from memory. My C has been in the shop for a month.
Old 11-05-2016, 04:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Mercedes-Benz C-class w205
Thanks for the answers. It worked like a charm!